Chicago DOL tracker-Part 6

Got it !

My lawyer just informed me that he has got couple of hardcopies today with RD of 10/22 and 11/2.
I would suggest you to also find out from your lawyer.

Good Luck.

I checked with my attorney.. they have not received yet

Looks like some are getting early.
Anyway thanks for posting reply.. All the best for your I140..

May be i have to call the DOL and ask them. or ask my attroney to do so..

Updates

Hello my dear friends,

Let me start off with the updates

DOT Case # RD AD
030.062.XXX 53994XX 8/2/01 11/19/01
774.981.XXX 53994XX 8/2/01 11/19/01
785.261.XXX 53994XX 8/2/01 11/26/01
030.162.XXX 53994XX 8/2/01 11/26/01
030.167.XXX 53994XX 8/2/01 11/26/01
030.162.XXX 53994XX 8/2/01 N-A
771.381.XXX 53995XX 8/6/01 11/26/01
050.067.XXX 53995XX 8/7/01 11/26/01

The bad news is that it seems that approval of case does not only depends on DOT Codes but also some other intangibles. Base on the above approvals, intangibles like company with lots of layoff will definitely be scrutinized. I also suspect that company with higher ratio of foreign to american worker are also scrutinized more.

The DOL is stiil processing 8/2 cases

The DOL is still processing cases received on 8/2. It was already processing these case on 11/19. Let\'s hope the DOL will be faster in the next 3 weeks.

pulo.

No Title

Hello folks:
It is terrible to see this agonizing wait for a Permanent Residency to this great country... Many of us have to face this agonizingly slow task and as soon as we are through we forget about it! It is high time we, the taxpayers did something about it!
I propose the following:
Everyone (including anyone that you know) should ask their lawyers to petition AILA to lobby in the US Congress and House (in fact, our employers can write a petition too), to streamline the Labor Certification approval process so that Labor must be certified in a reasonable amount of time (like 1-2 months instead of 1-2 years!).
Please post your thoughts on this...
Thanks,
-KRSN

Hard Copy taking forever to come!!

Any body with approval dates in first week of october , if received hard copy..please post update ty

What may be the DOL RD

I was told my LC application was mailed out of the SESA on 09/12/2001. What\'s the time frame for Chicago to stamp it as \'Received\'.
Thanks for your input.

Intangibles

I agree with Tungfong; It\'s not clear exactly in what order cases are being processed at DOL. My guess would be that the speed is analyst dependent. Unless a case is a limited review, files are probably allocated to analysts in the order received, but each analyst likely has his/her own speed of processing. DOT codes might determine which analyst gets that particular case. Over time, backlogs develop for every analyst, but might be more for slower analysts resulting in longer wait for some people. The sponsoring company\'s record of lay-offs and foreign workers might also contribute to the delay. If anyone has different ideas, please share with us.

for tungfong

Buddy:
Quick ?
The RD date for the above cases, are they sesa rd or dol-chic rd. please let me know. how much time is sesa taking in IL.

thx
bapa

it doesn\'t take that long

It doesn\'t take that long to update or recieve your application at chicago dol. did u try to find your case # ?. you can talk to the person at chicago labor office. Usually they tell your case #, all you need to tell them is your last name and first name. mine was approved & sent from MI SESA 7/26/01 to chicago dol & entered into the system on 8/10/01.

For Bapa

Hello my friend,

All info I posted are info on DOL Chicago. I dunno how long a wait for SESA. My case was processed thru MI SESA (MCDA) which takes approx 3 months for RIR. I\'ve heard that IL SESA takes a bit longer as they have more applicants. Hopes this helps.

My case was sent to Chicago DOL on 7/31/01 and it was in the system on 8/10/01.

!!!! UPDATE !!!!

I talked to an immigration officer at Chicago DOL. I learnt that they are still processing cases with RD 08/12. My RD is 10/12 so he said it will take another couple of months to hear from them.

Protocol to talk to DOL staff?

Some people say "do NOT call DOl/SESA" while others seem to call and get their case information.

It is inappropriate to call DOL/SESA? ... or are people worried about "harassing" overworked DOL/SESA staff? ... can there be negative repercussions to calling DOL/SESA?

And if you do call and get through, have staff been polite/helpful, or rude/standoffish?

Any "legal" opinions on this?

Better to get your attroney call them

I did call yesterday to find the case status. They told me the case status but also told me to get my attorney to call them in future.

Greencardaspirer

Did you get your hardcopy yet ? If not, have your lawyer to call the DOL and talk to the analyst.