Chicago DOL tracker-Part 6

New approvals --- PD 08/10/01 going on

case 053996xx Rd 08/08/01 AD 11/26/01
case 053997xx DOT code 030.062-010 Rd 08/10/01 AD 11/28/01

now waiting for hard copy.

Greencardaspirer

Hey,
Congrats on getting hardcopy.My friend didn\'t get his hardcopy even his RD is same as mine (10/22). Did you or your lawyer had to talk to the DOL for this or how did you come to know that they will mail it by friday.

Thanks in advance.

new dude : I called the DOL and talked to DOL officer

She verified my details and then told me that ican expect that to be sent out by end of week. then she suggested that next time i ask my attorney to call ..
I think there are different queues.. some are getting in few weeks and for others it is taking nearly 2 months.

GCaspirer - when did you file in SESA?

What was your SESA filing date?

Did you get info about SESA receipt/approval from your attorney?

TO DOL JUNTA- Please POST

Hi Sansan,
Could you please list

IL-SESA Filing date
IL-SESA Approval Date (transfer to DOL date)

Thanks
Bapa

Synopsis

IL Sesa took about 41/2 months before they moved my papers to Federal Chicago DOL.
Mailed IL Sesa: 5/21/01
Received Chicago DOL: 10/12/01
Chicago DOL is taking 3 1/2 months to process a case (example: RD 08/09 AD 11/28)
So my case will be approved end of Jan..approx going by current trends...
RD: 10/12/01
AD: ~ 1/30??
It is taking 50 days to get the Hard copy by present trends. So, if
AD: 1/30
HC Received Date: ~3/30??

That\'s sad...

Indeed it is. All we can do is to monitor.

You\'re right it will take that long. You should also consider the holiday season.
But if we\'re lucky and there less cooks and other privileged categories in the next 3 months our cases might have a better chance.

Why is it taking the DOL that long to release approved cases?

pulo.

Hard copy delay may not have clear pattern

I notice that people are receiving hard copies in anywhere from 3 weeks to 8 weeks. My case was certified on 10/25, hard copy received in mid-Nov (3 weeks). My attorney says that DOL is mailing stuff in different batches, some batches are taking more time than others, even if approved around same date.... He is still receiving approvals from Oct, but has also received approvals from November as well.

Please be patient, yours should be on its way.

Tough to reach DOL staff?

Hi Sansan and Greencardaspirer,

Was it very difficult to reach DOL staff using the (312) number listed in this discussion (and on the DOL automated line)? I keep getting voicemail ... should I leave a message? ... or just keep trying? ... Did you guys have the same experience?

Thanks,

I did have the same experience

I did try calling them during the early part of the day but was unable to get hold of the DOL staff. But around lunch time you can easily get to them.

Thanks sansan

Will try at lunch ... and keep my fingers (and toes!) crossed!

Will post an update here if I get through (and have something to report)...

AOS or CP ?

My dear friends,

I guess I would like to post this question here as I cannot find answers on other board (ie Consular Processing or I140) and since we need to specify on our I140. Your input and advise are greatly appreciated. Here goes

1.) Should I go for AOS or CP?. I just renewed my H1B in Nov. I\'m EB3 and NOT from a country with PD restrictions. Please advise.

2.) What are the Pros and Cons of CP?

I will post my usual any updates tomorrow. Thank you.

CP vs AOS

Hi Tungfong,
CP rules! after I-140, the case takes a couple of months to get to the consulate, but you will get an appointment quickly and the process at the consulate is just to verify that you are the right person who applied for the green card. Consular officials have little or no discretionary powers when it comes to immigrant visas-so it is almost always a breeze. I read somewhere that for every problem/hassle/denial at CP, there are 15 problem/hassle/denial cases at I-485(when comparing equal number of cases). As long as you have all the documents with you, CP should be a cakewalk. The only grey zone post Sept 11 might be in muslim countries where one might face increased scrutiny. But reading thru recent CP experiences, I would encourage everybody to go for CP. Check out imminfo.com and immihelp.com for more details along with this website.

No Title

Hi
   I have done lots of research on this matter. I am EB3 from a country where priority date may retrogress so i am going definetely for AOS. If you do not have that problem and your job is stable (very low prob. of layoff in next 6-8 months) then i think you should go for CP. Also if you are not married then you should go for AOS. Two frineds of mine in midwest region got GC through AOS in 18 months each. CP takes less then 6 months.
That\'s my two cents.

CP question

How much of attorney assistance is required for going the CP way. I am asking this since our Co. attorney is basically a champion of the AOS route and would not assist me if I intend to go the other way.But ironically, the Montreal CP is more favourable to me since I hold a Canadian passport but I am unsure of the cost involved and the complexity of Co. document transfers to overseas state/federal agencies. It\'s natural that no Co. would like to part with confidentials for an external/unknown entity\'s use. Any ballpoint on its procedural method would be highly appreciated. My 140 filing is just a month away. Thanks.