Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC.

Puhrince,

I tried sending them emails several times using different email accounts, but I never got back any replies. The first and last email that I sent, I received a reply with my T-XXX number.

puhrince said:
i didn't get any status after sending the email either..its been 3 days now - i did get a status 3 weeks back and my case started with a T..i wanted to check again..do u think they don't email back once I already have a response?

45 day

does replying to the 45 day letter means thats a application should hear about the labor decision soon?

45 day

messed up the previous message a bit.
what i meant was after replying to the 45 day letter will an applicant get the LC decision soon?
what is the time frame normally?

I sent email using different email account 2 weeks ago,to know any chane in my T(temporary)case number, but I never got back any replies. The last email I sent, I received a reply with my T-XXX number.

Its pre-mature to guess how fast labour will get cleared.

Hello,

Its very pre-mature to guess at this point of time. Right now they are just entering the data and generating letters. letters are then sent to the destination, the responses that they receive from employers are again feeded back in system.

If you see, the letters print dates and letter sent dates are atleast 3 weeks apart. Now that can tell you how much load handling they are doing, and how much resource crunch they have in the BEC.

Once we get initial trends of certified labours for first few cases, we may be able to estimate the time. But as of now, I think we should sit quietly next 3-4 months.

It is as per my estimation the first of few cases will be certified in somewhere in Apr-05 and with full swing in May '05 clearing atleast 4000 cases a month hopefully.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

Kanjoos said:
Hello,

Its very pre-mature to guess at this point of time. Right now they are just entering the data and generating letters. letters are then sent to the destination, the responses that they receive from employers are again feeded back in system.

If you see, the letters print dates and letter sent dates are atleast 3 weeks apart. Now that can tell you how much load handling they are doing, and how much resource crunch they have in the BEC.

Once we get initial trends of certified labours for first few cases, we may be able to estimate the time. But as of now, I think we should sit quietly next 3-4 months.

It is as per my estimation the first of few cases will be certified in somewhere in Apr-05 and with full swing in May '05 clearing atleast 4000 cases a month hopefully.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

some additional info that might help. My 45 day letter was dated Feb 17th and my employer received it on Feb 25th.

Guys,

Am wondering If anybody recieved 45 day letter -- people who applied thru Chi-DOL and were sooo close to labor....RD End of Dec-03/Jan-04 ...

Looks like all others are getting these letters while the earlier people have not... :mad:

puhrince said:
ssaugato,your PD is the same as mine..01/23/03 !!
but no case # as yet!

puhrince, don't worry buddy. I heard some people got the cases approved without the 45 day letter. maybe you are among them. Good Luck.

my details

RIR EB2 - filed in aug03, receipt date - dec03, case filed in Chicago
received 45 day letter around feb20, 2005
case no. D-05xxx-11xxx

thanks

oh i have a T case #, not a D..am waiting for it to become D!

ssaugato said:
puhrince, don't worry buddy. I heard some people got the cases approved without the 45 day letter. maybe you are among them. Good Luck.

What is 245i??

DBEC thread has a posting mentioning 245i cases....what is this nonsense? It seems they are going to handle 2001 cases till middle of the year which is approaching very fast anyway...

If that is the case Chicago cases will never be handled until the 2001 and 2002 cases are cleared...there is a long way to go.

Kanjoos,

I hope your estimation is going to be true but in the light of these 2001 cases how can we be assured that our cases will be handled before the end of this year?

Can somebody please clarify why they have two groups now T and D...?

:confused:

When is yuor PD? My PD is 11/17/2004 and haven't get the 45-day letter yet.
Thanks

Orangecounty said:
Hi rhythmram,
I got the letter last month. My case is from Nebraska.

Well 245i is the basic reason for what we are in today.

rest_2004_free said:
DBEC thread has a posting mentioning 245i cases....what is this nonsense? It seems they are going to handle 2001 cases till middle of the year which is approaching very fast anyway...

If that is the case Chicago cases will never be handled until the 2001 and 2002 cases are cleared...there is a long way to go.

245i is the act which allowed the illegal immigrants to file for legalizing their stay and there was a dead line before which they were supposed to file and during that period alone around 200k 245i of cases were filed. Which is the huge chunk of the labour applications pending.Most of these cases were incomplete. And the study done by PWC based on which the BRC/ BPC were planned specifically called for not to handle these cases in BPC. One of their assumptions were these cases will be only handled by the experienced existing SWA's and DOl officers as it needss lot of experience to analyse these cases and only the rir and non rir cases will be handled by the BPC/BRC. If they have started handling these cases Well i think Lobor department is promptly following the report(LOL). Lets all enjoy the fun . No different than laloo's regime. :rolleyes:

rgds

Kanjoos,

I hope your estimation is going to be true but in the light of these 2001 cases how can we be assured that our cases will be handled before the end of this year?

Can somebody please clarify why they have two groups now T and D...?

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you explain....

Pal8 can u explain what this 245i process is?

If you recieve the 45 day letter how soon after that can you expect an approval or rejection? -- somebody pls answer this q

I want to make sure that after replying I do not have sit and wait for another 1-2 years........... -- is this possible??

I do not see any approvals yet so I wonder what is going on why the heck don't they clear atleast one case...or have they already started approving cases???

It seems to me that we have entered another backlog!

245i

long long time ago ( 4 years apprix) outgoing Clinton admisitration came with a clause saying that if u r working in US for last X number of years illegaly, you are allowed to apply for GC by paying ~$1000. So, a lot of people to file for GC in non-rir causing major overload at the SWA, specifically at CA SWA. CA SWA had at the time claimed that they received so much workload that it would take 1 year to process 1 days worth of application. And they have been true to their word. CA SWA was process Aprils 20th ish 2001, 4 years back it was currently process April 27 or 29th, i don't remember, after 4 years. If BEC start processing those cases (earliest PD) then we can only expect approvals from BEC for regular cases at least after a few months. And I am not sure if those cases would also cause retrogression at the 140 and 485 levels for us.
Hope it helps

03/07/2005: Backlog Processing Center Processing Update

According to the AILA, the status of current processing of backlog cases at the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Processing Centers is as follows:

* Total number of cases received from the state offices: Over 180,000.
* Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.

* Total 45-day letters issued: Over 40,000.
* Timeframe for review of cases by contractors: Contractors are currently being trained. Once data entry is completed on all cases, they would move over to processing of applications.

* Processing standards: They will apply the standards of each Region rather than national uniform standards. Therefore, the variance in recruitment requirement and other standards among the previous 6 Regions will be preserved.

* FIFO rule: Uniform national queue regardless of the occupations.

*It appears that people needs a patience.

Source: Immigration-Law.com

Looks like we are screwed, they are going to start processing only after all the cases are entered into the system.

this news is contrary to what everyone has been predicting will happen..based on this, we are looking at a year's wait..

45 Day letter received

Guys,

I received 45 days letter couple days back, my employer informed me. My case details

State - MI - Jan 17, 2003
RDOL - Chi - Feb 11, 2004
BEC letter - Mar 7th, 2005
BEC case no. - D05011-19xxx

Thank you,
Kanjoos

Two EB2 cases!!

Guys,

I probably have one very unique situation, good or bad, I don’t know.

I have two EB2 cases pending with Dallas BEC from the same company.

Ist case:
EB2- RIR
PD: Jan 8, 2003
RD August 2004
45 Day letter received Feb 28
D-xxxxx-xxxxx
Replied by Fax March 3

IInd case:
EB2- RIR
PD: March 14, 2003
RD September 2004
Case # recd
T-xxxxx-xxxxx
45 day letter not recd yet

As far history, my attorney found some errors in advertisements in first case after it was applied at SESA in Jan 2003 & we received NOF for that. So my attorney applied another one in March 2003 without pulling the original & somehow SESA approved both & sent to Chicago DOL.

My attorney received the phone call yesterday from BEC asking why he has 2 cases pending & my attorney explained them why & told them that he wants to continue with both cases!! BEC asked him to fax them a letter saying that he wants to continue with both cases & he did that today, he told me.

My questions:
Do you guys see any risk for the labor approval, now that I have two EB2 cases pending at a time with BEC? I am really worried because, the first case has wrong advertisements & if they reject that case it could very well affect my second case which is in good standing. Nothing that I can do about it but thought of sharing with you all & get some info.

Thanks
Leogsb

Not Yet Received

IL

PD: 01/14/2004
RD: 07/20/2004

Reply from DOL

Case No "Not Yet Assigned"

Waiting for Love letter