Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC.

Not until they start processing.

We all know the facts...

1. They have merged our cases with the largest backlog cases in the nation. On top of that RiR and Regular cases have now equal weightage.
2. They keep changing their statements like we will start processing as soon as we get the reply from 45 days letter.....but they dont.
3. They are entering data now I am not saying they are slow but consider the number of cases. They will be entering the SWA cases as well. I read somewhere that they will start processing only after all cases are entered.
4. They are not even done with entering data for Regional cases yet. On another note not all cases are shipped yet ???
5. Then we have to receive the 45 day letters.
6. Handle the burnden of an average of atleast 1 NOF per case.

Basically nobody will be able to predict unless they start processing some cases. We can then track and estimate.

manish_shriv said:
Any expert comments when Chicago DOL cases will start approving from Dallas BEC ?

Heard from my attorney about the 45 day letter...just one more tiny tick in the BIG BLACK BOOK for the small green card!!!

PD : Nov 2003
RD : Jan 2004
45 day love letter : March 09-2005

Goodluck to all!!

Please add/update your details in BEC tracker.

Hi all,

If your name is not in BEC tracker yet or if you have any additional update, please post your(/updated) info in the following thread. http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=161571

This will give you and all others in the forum a better idea of how things are going. Just_watching is taking the trouble of updating the tracker almost everyday. By adding your details on to above forum it will be little less effort for Just_watching.

So please help to maintain the tracker with your current information.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 Extension :Question

Guys,

I have a question regarding H1B 7 year extension. I was under the opinion that we just submit the regular I-129 even for a 7 year extension just like we do for our H1 Second term. Recently, I found out that my attorney filed a form I-529 instead.

Is this even the correct form to file for 1 7yr ext. Any comments are appreciated.

Cheers!

cincidude said:
Guys,

I have a question regarding H1B 7 year extension. I was under the opinion that we just submit the regular I-129 even for a 7 year extension just like we do for our H1 Second term. Recently, I found out that my attorney filed a form I-529 instead.

Is this even the correct form to file for 1 7yr ext. Any comments are appreciated.

Cheers!

No.. That is wrong form. I-529 is used for Other Non Immigrant Visas like H4, B1, B2 etc.. You have to file I-129 for H1 extension

Locating My application??

Hi,
I am trying to get a BEC case number. I send an email but no reply.... I am not working with an attorney. Is there any other way to get the BEC case number? I also havent received any letter.
My application received in chicago in June of 2004. I filed via RIR. Have other people with similar dates received BEC 45 day letters yet?
Anxious in WI

I am in the boat

wi_lca said:
Hi,
I am trying to get a BEC case number. I send an email but no reply.... I am not working with an attorney. Is there any other way to get the BEC case number? I also havent received any letter.
My application received in chicago in June of 2004. I filed via RIR. Have other people with similar dates received BEC 45 day letters yet?
Anxious in WI

My RD in Chicago DOL is 06/15/04 and my case is RIR

I send an email to find out the case number from Dallas BEC, no response from them for the last 20 days...I don't know what to do...i am just waiting for that day to come... :confused: :mad:

45Days Letter rxd

My company has got the 45 days letter today.

T-05010-13xxx
PD: Aug 2003
RD: Jan 15, 2004.
45Day letter: Mar 17 2005

DOL update - This might answer few questions

1. DOL Watch : Update on BECs / BPCs

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) provided an update on Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs) on March 3, 2005. BPCs have sometimes been called Backlog Reduction Centers or Backlog Elimination Centers. As regular readers of MurthyDotCom and the MurthyBulletin are aware, the BPCs are processing the regular Labor Certification (LC) or the Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) cases that are filed prior to March 28, 2005. Following is a summary of the information released by the DOL for the benefit of our readers.

BPCs Caseload & 45-Day Letters

As of March 3, 2005, the BPCs had received a little more than 180,000 cases. Of these cases, about 86,000 (approximately 48 percent) have been entered into the new BPC database system. Only approximately 40,000 of the 45-day letters have been sent out to date. This is only about 22 percent of the cases they have received. As a result of the 40,000 letters sent, the DOL has only closed approximately 300 cases - less than 1 percent! This is far lower than the percentage that the DOL had expected to have closed out with the 45-day letters.

Staff at the BPCs

The DOL has not tracked how many new cases have been accepted by the SWAs in 2005. The two BPCs currently have approximately 100 contractor personnel at each BPC. The DOL is providing additional resources to complete initial data entry. The goal is to complete data entry by the end of summer 2005. Once data entry is complete, people will be moved from data entry to processing.

Timeframes for Case Processing at BPCs

Atlanta and Chicago still have a total of approximately 10,000 labor certifications that they will be transferring to the BPCs. New York, Boston, and San Francisco will continue to process the cases they have until January 2006. It is not clear if the offices will remain open, if they still have cases at that point, or if they will send their cases to the BPCs. It is still projected that the BPCs will remain in operation for 24 to 30 months, if adequate resources are provided.

Case Reviews and Training of Staff

The DOL indicated that the contractors have begun reviewing cases for compliance with DOL guidelines, though training is continuing. Reviewers will be cross-trained on regular and reduction-in-recruitment (RIR) cases. The DOL does not expect to use a universal standard for RIR filings. Instead, the BPCs plan to apply the standard used in the region where the case was filed.

FIFO for all Cases

The DOL has indicated that they will use the First-In / First-Out (FIFO) method for all cases, regardless of occupation.

Online System

There is no confirmation that an online system may become available to track regular LC or RIR case status. Currently, the BPCs are only planning to provide information on the cases that have been shipped. They intend to provide an eMail system by which individuals may learn whether their cases are at the BPCs, but there is no timeline for this.

Conclusion

It appears that the BPCs still have many 45-day letters to issue. The problem is that some people have received their 45-day letters while a majority of cases filed around the same time have not received these letters. This causes confusion in people's minds. We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. will continue to provide updates on their progress, as and when available.

© 2005, The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved

WI RIR shifted to which BEC?

Hi,
I have a strange problem.
All cases that have been transferred to Dallas have a new case number that looks like D-xxxx-xxxx. Accordingly all those transferrred to Philly have P-xxxx-xxxx.
When I checked on my case status (WI,RIR, Chicago DOL RD 14th Oct 2004), I got a response from DAL.DFLC (Dallas) mentioning the new case number as P-T-xxxxx-xxxxx.
a) Is my case with Dallas or Philly ?
b)According to a memo on the movement of cases from specific states to Dallas & Philly, all WI cases should have been transferred to Dallas, and hence all new case numbers should look like D-xxxx-xxxxx.

Does anyone have any clue about this?

Thanks

T in first letter of case number mean temperory case number meaning they are still in process of entering the case in the BEC. I haven't heard about case number starting with P-T, Probably a typo. I wouldn't worry much about it right now.

PD_Jan26_2004 said:
Hi,
I have a strange problem.
All cases that have been transferred to Dallas have a new case number that looks like D-xxxx-xxxx. Accordingly all those transferrred to Philly have P-xxxx-xxxx.
When I checked on my case status (WI,RIR, Chicago DOL RD 14th Oct 2004), I got a response from DAL.DFLC (Dallas) mentioning the new case number as P-T-xxxxx-xxxxx.
a) Is my case with Dallas or Philly ?
b)According to a memo on the movement of cases from specific states to Dallas & Philly, all WI cases should have been transferred to Dallas, and hence all new case numbers should look like D-xxxx-xxxxx.

Does anyone have any clue about this?

Thanks

Got 45 day letter

I just got email about recieving of the 45 day letter today with ETA 750 original forms. They asked company registration, tax etc..
Is any body getting same type. What you guys submitted along with this. Any input is greatly appreciated

Thanks

PD: Aug 2003
RD: Jan 2004
Dallas BEC 45 letter: Mar18,2005
Case No. : 05010-13xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi h1b2ndterm,

what is your pd and rd? Mine is Jan 26, 2004(PD) and RD at chicago Regional on 4th Oct 2004, RIR EB2. Filed from Wisconsin.
Did you get your 45-day letter ?
Do you know your new case file number ? Mine starts with 05010-14xxx.

thanks

No, No 45 day letter yet

I have not recieved the 45 day letter nor do I know my new case file number. I have sent an email about 2 months back and found the case was not entered into the system yet and they are not responding to new emails requests any more.

My PD is Feb 21st 2004 at Wisconsin
RD is Nov 8th 2004 at Chicago DOL

Please keep us posted with any updates on your case. I will do the same.

PD_Jan26_2004 said:
Hi h1b2ndterm,

what is your pd and rd? Mine is Jan 26, 2004(PD) and RD at chicago Regional on 4th Oct 2004, RIR EB2. Filed from Wisconsin.
Did you get your 45-day letter ?
Do you know your new case file number ? Mine starts with 05010-14xxx.

thanks

to h1b2ndterm

Looks like your pd and rd dates are roughly around mine(apart from same state), so we should keep in touch to see how things go.
I wrote an email about 15 days back and got a response(was not expecting it) almost 2 weeks after sending that mail. From the case number, it is clear that they have assigned a temporary number just to report back.
You can try sending an email now and you should sure receive a reply, whatasoever, as they are surely replying to all status check emails now.

thanks

Thanks for update

Thanks PD, I am guessing that they donot reply more than once. But I will try again. Check you PM for my personal email. I will keep you posted as soon as i have any futher information.

PD_Jan26_2004 said:
Looks like your pd and rd dates are roughly around mine(apart from same state), so we should keep in touch to see how things go.
I wrote an email about 15 days back and got a response(was not expecting it) almost 2 weeks after sending that mail. From the case number, it is clear that they have assigned a temporary number just to report back.
You can try sending an email now and you should sure receive a reply, whatasoever, as they are surely replying to all status check emails now.

thanks