Chennai Feb Interview Thread!

Cover Letter P3?

Hi Superman

thanks for the reply.

Do you have a format of cover letter for P3?

Bala

Nov 29 - Packet 3 - Received by Attorney.

Sep 13 2001, Thu - I-140 Received by INS

Oct 29 2001, Mon - I-140 Approved by INS

Nov 2 2001, Fri - INS Answering machine says I-140 was approved.
Nov 5 2001, Mon - NVC created the case# for CP
Nov 29 2001, Thu - Attorney Received Packet 3 from NVC.

NVC Case#: MDR200180****
CP - Chennai, India.

pkp & gcseeker_cp - Let\'s keep in touch as we have the same date of approvals.

PCC

I just want to make it clear, does Chennai require a PCC
if you have lived only in India and U.S.A??

I dont think so. Because i got an email from them saying no.
But the other consulates in India are insisting from Jan 02.

Am i right here.

Pkp & gvcp,

My attorney hasn\'t received Pkt3 from NVC as of yesterday. I filled forms on immihelp website and sent them to attorney for the correction and made changes to those forms as per attorney corrections. Attorney is going might have mailed covering letter to me. Planning to mail to consulate by this weekend and hoping for the feb interview. I am not sure whether to wait for pkt3 or not.

Are you people sending any other docs along with pkt3 docs? Please post the exact address of the consulate.

thanks
gcseeker_cp

No Title

I would like to have clarifications on two things:
1.) Does BC need to have full last name? (On my BC, they prinited only Initial like B for Buttreddy). And they Did not print my parents last name at all? Is it O.K

2.) My marriage date on MC and Wedding card is different. Is it creates any problem? We got married on 27th May and we registered with registor office on 30th May.

I appreciate your responses.

Thank you
Raja

To Buttreddy

1. I think it might be a problem, but if you can get affidavits
from your parents that should siffice. Read other threads about this BC issue you\'ll get a better understanding.

2. The MC though registered on May 30 would have the May 27th date.
 is\'nt it?? Even if not i dont think it would be a problem, most probably they are not going to ask your wedding invitaion card. People
Just carry it to be on the safe side

Hope this helps

No Title

I don\'t know what else documents will be sent along with the pkt3. But my lawyer asked for the Birth certificate and marriage certificate copies. He may send those along with Pkt3. Still my lawyer not received pkt3. I checked this morning. And also my filled pkt3 is not yet corrected by lawyer. I don\'t think I can mail them by this weekend. I saw the consulate address somewhere in this forum. Please check it.

Medical exam - Dr Mathai

Hi All,
If you are planning to go to Dr Mathai for medical exam beaware that he is harrassing and creating stubling blocks for issue of a medical report. He has troubled and put us to undue worries for no reason and due to which we have to consult a doctor here in USA which turned out to be nothing at all. Be aware.

pkp

When you say send you mean post by 15th or the pkt 3 actually reaching the US Consulate by 15th?

By the way how many days does it take to reach the US Consulate if we use UPS/FedEx from USA?

Thanks!

I think i missed Jan interview by a week :-(

My attorney would not send the P3 before he got it from NVC.

PKT-3 Mailed today to Chennai !!- Finally !

Finally, My attoneys mailed today to chennai!Can I hope to get Feb interview ?

mailed pkt3 to chennai today

Finally, my lawyer is going to send the pkt3 to Chennai consulate today by Fedex.

Lawyer said, no need to send DS230 Part2 now. Can anybody confirm this.

Can I expect Feb interview if it reaches Chennai consulate by 11th of Dec?

gcseeker

Infact, I didn\'t have the address with me. Lawyer had it and he is sending that. I saw it somewhere in this forum. It is

American Consulate General,
220, Anna Salai,
Chennai 600006

You can check their website www.madras.sphynx.com