checklist for oath tomorrow

waitingforins2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Finally my oath is happening tomorrow at broad street newark nj DO.

so I need to take:
1. The letter that they gave me at the interview
2. Oath Letter
3. Greencard
4. Passport

1.they talk about the immigration documents..is there anything else I need tot ake?
2.Do I take the N-445 filled from home or should I sign it there?

Thanks in advance

Nothing else is requried, unless you have some old immigration documents you need them to shred. Bring a valid DL as backup picture ID..just in case they ask. Signing the N-445 beforehand is fine.

Hi Guys,

Finally my oath is happening tomorrow at broad street newark nj DO.

so I need to take:
1. The letter that they gave me at the interview
2. Oath Letter
3. Greencard
4. Passport

1.they talk about the immigration documents..is there anything else I need tot ake?
2.Do I take the N-445 filled from home or should I sign it there?

Thanks in advance

Why do you need 1 above? Once you have 2 above, 1 is redundant.

2, 3 and 4 is all you need (even 4 is questionable - your lcoal driver's license will do for identification).

I think you are supposed to sign the N-445 at the oath.

AP

Waiting for Oath Ceremony in NYC

I had my interview 3/12/2009 I passed. When do you think I can expect to receive the Oath Letter for the Oath Ceremony?

stan NYC guys can tell you better

Hi Stan,

First congrats on passing the interview.

In my case I passed on 2nd March in Newark NJ DO. Normally they give same day oath but on 2nd march there was snow storm and they could not give oath so they sent me oath letter around 17th march for 2nd april.
Based on this timeline you should get the oath letter any day.
However, you are from NYC and I am not sure if this will be correct estimate.

Try asking on NY thread they may be able to give you better estimate.

Thanks

I never receieved my 10 years green card

Would that be a problem? USCIS never issued me 10 Years card. I had my conditions removed back in november 2008 since my case was chosen randomly for interview.
Since then i am waiting for card. I filed for I-90 but they rejected it and sent me back with the reason to send them a proof that my conditions are removed. I send second time with the conditions removed letter and still they rejected it.
I told my IO at the n400 interview and he made me sign on a form to confirm i did not get my green card.

Now i am going on Oath would that be a concern if i tell them i am waiting for one and did not get any?

perfect example of USCIS has lack of information within.

Would that be a problem? USCIS never issued me 10 Years card. I had my conditions removed back in november 2008 since my case was chosen randomly for interview.
Since then i am waiting for card. I filed for I-90 but they rejected it and sent me back with the reason to send them a proof that my conditions are removed. I send second time with the conditions removed letter and still they rejected it.
I told my IO at the n400 interview and he made me sign on a form to confirm i did not get my green card.

Now i am going on Oath would that be a concern if i tell them i am waiting for one and did not get any?

perfect example of USCIS has lack of information within.

Bring proof at oath that conditions were removed and inform them you still haven't received GC.

only 2,3 and DL is enough. They don't even want to see your passport now days. 20 years ago, you do have to show your passport and they collect them and dump them into a big box. I guess they don't collect passport no more becuase it's foreign governemnt property and they don't have the authority to collect them.

Bring proof at oath that conditions were removed and inform them you still haven't received GC.

When you filed N400, this will force them to process your I751 if it haven't processed. They already give you an oath letter, which means everything is fine. You just need to bring the oath letter, DL, and maybe the letter stating your conditions were removed.

I guess they don't collect passport no more becuase it's foreign governemnt property and they don't have the authority to collect them.
Not only do they not have the authority to collect it, but for the majority of nationalities the passport is still perfectly valid so no one in their right mind would give it up.