changing employer after GC

Until USCIS makes an explicit regulation
Having paid all the GC costs himself won't increase or decrease the risk. However, he could potentially sue the employer to recover some of those costs, because some of them (I believe the LC and I-140) are supposed to be exclusively paid for by the employer without reimbursement from the employee.

Hello, I am a newly greened one but the topic of the thread has been pressed in my mind as I've been with the same employer for 8 years to which 4 of those have been for the 'greened'. Stuck in 485 16 months before approved, I intend to still stay at least 6 months or more if, big IF, I can endure more. But 6 months is a good peace for me.

However, from your post above regarding payment. I've seen somewhere someone saying this as well that LC and 140 should be paid by employer. Could you tell me where to find in the '.gov' site?

I've paid it all myself, naiively thinking, this is my life (PR) and I do not want to be a burden to the company. They, however, paid for my H1B but the last renew, I paid for myself as well. Thanks!

However, from your post above regarding payment. I've seen somewhere someone saying this as well that LC and 140 should be paid by employer. Could you tell me where to find in the '.gov' site?

This I believe is a relatively recent regulation. ~late 2007 or so. If your LC / I-140 pre-dates this, no chance for you to get his back.

The regulations seem to imply that the employee cannot pay for legal representation during the I-485 stage, which to me seems illegal.

This I believe is a relatively recent regulation. ~late 2007 or so. If your LC / I-140 pre-dates this, no chance for you to get his back.

The regulations seem to imply that the employee cannot pay for legal representation during the I-485 stage, which to me seems illegal.

Thanks for the quick response. I went to uscis site trying to search for it but the statement or pdf is no where to be found. Did you have it on hand or anybodyelse has it?

Could you share? Thanks much.

GotPR,
Thanks. It seemed that this new regulation doesn't applied to my case but thanks for digging that up for me. Appreciate it..