Change in Employer during Valid VISA period

kepu

Registered Users (C)
I am on TN Status,Should I inform INS for Change in Employer during Valid VISA period ???:)What if I am late in doing it ? Also, howlong before end of Validity period should I go for my visa renewal?

You simply CANNOT start working at the new employer unless and until you get a new TN.

You can do that anytime, as long as it is before you begin new job.

Your TN is employer and job specific.

You simply CANNOT start working at the new employer unless and until you get a new TN.

for the sake of argument, how would CBP officers know though? i remember talking to the CBP officer and he told me they don't make calls, but they do check up on the company on the internet. this, of course, applies when you're at POE, not DOL.

Working without status is illegal. For both the worker and the employer. They must fill a valid i-9.

So,guys ! What should I do if my original co.never offered me work after I finished taking special training thru' them in california(I think at that time they lost some contract);then when I went to pick my family from canada to US and then some other company offer me a job with appointment letter and when I entered from border I show my new offer to officer at the POE.(In both letters my position was exactly same in the job) should it be consider illegal ? now I am full timewith this new co. and paying high TAX money,so someone pls.advise me in whole senerio ...now what ?? Also, what if Co. wants to sponser me for H1 or trying to contract with me for longer than year (if H1 lottery is not win by me this time.!!!) by the way my TN is valid upto june-08.
Thanks a ton in advance folks.

You need to have a TN i-94 with the name of the people who are employing you written on it.

I-9 is something the company fills out and keeps in their records in the event USCIS or any other entity needs to see the employer's records. It basically asks the employer to view your U.S. birth certificate/citizenship. If you don't have a U.S. birth certificate or citizenship, then you have to show proof of eligibility to work - that's the TN I-94 is shown providing evidence of the allowance to work. Your I-94 employer's name will not match your present employer. That's why you need to get a TN that matches your new employer. Here is a link to the I-9 Instruction page for informational purposes only.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf

Thanks a ton SIMSD,I appreciate your input ,What if my new employer filled out i-9 form and also checked e-varification on my employment status...should it be considered as illegal to work for the present co.? Can u pls, brief me about this ?If you don't mind can you pls.give yr e mail for detail case discussion ?

What if my new employer filled out i-9 form and also checked e-varification on my employment status...should it be considered as illegal to work for the present co.?

No matter how many times you ask the question, the employment is still illegal.