Certificate of Good Conduct. Urgent help needed.

gcINla

I have filed concurrent I130/I485 for my mom. She did her fingerprints twice. Yesterday we got an RFE letter on her I-485 asking for Certificate of Good Conduct. I assume that her fingerprints got rejected. She is 61 years old.

Do I have to get the police clearance from her home country as well? Since she is here, it might be a problem to get the one from China. Thanks.

BTW, I called USCIS yesterday evening. The guy answered 'No' to my above question. But I have the idea that he doesn't really understand or know what he is talking about.

I think they mean police clearance certificate from China. Can the Chinese Embassy assist you?

Does it mean 'Certificate of Good Conduct' is another term for 'police clearance'?

The I-485 filing doesn't require it at all. Why all of sudden they need it only because of the failed fingerprints. Doesn't really make sense.

yes the chineese embasey in america will help with that, if not contact back the immigration agent for clarification... cos if you send the wrong document all it does is keep delaying your case...

I called the USCIS again yesterday and was able to talk to a nice lady from California local service center. She put me on hold and ran to a nearby office to talk to an officer and confirmed me that the Police Clearance from China is NOT needed.

Same answer was given to me the day before when I talked to someone from the national service center.

So I guess I just follow their instruction as it's extremely difficult to obtain this from my homecity.

yep.. write a letter and tell them that the required document has ben reveresed by an immigration agent and that they should contact you if there is any more concern.
then and only will they start processing your case.

usually, when the FPs are unclear/bad twice, the USCIS does request police reports from the countries where you lived for more than a year after reaching 16 years of age.

I called the USCIS again yesterday and was able to talk to a nice lady from California local service center. She put me on hold and ran to a nearby office to talk to an officer and confirmed me that the Police Clearance from China is NOT needed.

Same answer was given to me the day before when I talked to someone from the national service center.

So I guess I just follow their instruction as it's extremely difficult to obtain this from my homecity.

Did the nice lady tell you what was meant by a "Certificate of Good Conduct" in the RFE? Could be an Affidavit from people in the community attesting to her good conduct.

well jus go with whatever the immigration oficer tells you, and next time you callwrite their name and rep number for reference.

I saw the LUD changed to reflect the date I called them. Hopefully the lady put in some information there to log my call as she promised.

We are in Los Angeles. Unfortunately the LAPD doesn't issue Police Clearance/Certificate of Good Conduct. We have to get it from the Department of Justice (more detail: http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/). Believe or not, the first step is to do digital fingerprints at some authorized live scan facility.

We had one last week for my mom. The result was rejected due to insufficient Ridge detail. Just had one done again yesterday. If this still doesn't go through, which was very likely, will wait to see what's next.

The RFE specified something like 'no criminal record' in it. No word of 'police clearnace' or an affidavit from people.

The chinese consulate in L.A. doesn't provide the service to obtain a police clearance from china.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gcINla,

What happen to your case? Did you need to get the "Certificate of Good Conduct" from China? I am facing the same issue right now, could you please give me some advice on the matter?

I need to reply this REF in 30 days, I am really afraid that I couldn't get it done on time, especially they need the record from China. So your kind reply will be greatly appreciated!!

i had a citizenship interview in february 24,2009.i passed ( but only civic and english test part ), the io told me they need my police clearance records.i sent my records in march 13 ,2009.im still waiting for news.somebody help me .how many days .i have to wait for my oath letter.please .i need somebody help me

do you know somebody had similar experience like me.??

after my citizenship interview,the io told me i passed the civic and english part but they will need my police clearance records.because my fingerprints ( they took 2 times ) were not clear, do you know how many days ..i have to wait for my oath ceremony.......

do you know somebody had similar experience like me.??

after my citizenship interview,the io told me i passed the civic and english part but they will need my police clearance records.because my fingerprints ( they took 2 times ) were not clear, do you know how many days ..i have to wait for my oath ceremony.......

There isn't an exact waiting date for this. You'll have to wait until your background check is done.

Did you supply them the police certificates?

yes i sent my police clearance records from florida state law enforcement an dfor my local police station on march 13 2009............so.whats next.???