Cases in Local Offices with Current PD post here...

GC-4-All,

Congrats! Hey i got the approval letters last night too. You were right that we would get it this week(Good Prediction). It does not say in my letter how much time it will take to get the card. Does your letter say the same thing. Let me know.

GC-4-All,

Congrats! Hey i got the approval letters last night too. You were right that we would get it this week(Good Prediction). It does not say in my letter how much time it will take to get the card. Does your letter say the same thing. Let me know.

Congrats Buddy! We made it together. I was damn sure that something was going to happen this week. The lady at window 8 gave 4 hints :)

1. First a confused face and walked in to find out and came back to tell......
2. Telling that I don't have to worry about quota
3. Telling that the officer will work on my case next week and he is knows for winding up cases fast
4. Telling me that I may not need my July 3rd infopass, but hold onto it incase.

Yes, there is nothing about the time to get the cards. I'm planning on going in for a PP stamping, that is the safest. I advice you to do it as well.

So now CHILL DUDE :D Have a Loooooooooooooong well deserved weekend. It our Independence day :D

Last edited by a moderator:
GC-4-All,

Congratulations ke_park! Enjoy your freedom!!

Congrats guys. I got my approval last Thursday as well. Let's keep each other in the loop when we receive the physical cards. Also, if any of you visits the local office for passport stamping and are successful, please let me know as well. I have heard that local offices do not do stamping these days unless its very important. Surely lets keep each other informed

I got my PP stamped at Charlotte office on July 3rd. No questions asked.

Just the checking window guy asked:
Check in Officer: What are you here for today?
Me: I got a I-485 approval letter and need to get my PP stamped.
Check in Officer: Do you need to Travel?
Me: Yes. I might have to.(Actually, I'm going nowhere :) )

The actual officer at the alloted window did not ask any questions. He said please be seated while I do a security check. He entered our PP #'s into the system, and then later stamped our PP's, took away our I-94's and then called us back to the window and showed us the Red stamp, valid till, A#, stamped At, Stamped by Officer #.

I asked if I need to turn in my EAD and AP's. He said you can discard them, and please do not use them further. I said I will shred them, to which he said I can do it for you and went in and shredded my EAD and was back and said done, HAVE A NICE DAY.

We were out in 10 mins.

EB3 - India
PD - Nov 2002
485 AD - Jun 28, 2007
PP stamping - Jul 3, 2007
Plastic Cards - ???? Waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC-4-All,

Any predictions on when we will get the cards.

It depends on your bio-metrics. If you have ever given code3 then it will take 1-2 weeks. If you have only given code1 then it might take upto 1 month(Coz, the officer will have to send your actual physical photo that you submitted along with the application to TSC to have the cards ordered).

I do not remember having given Code3. I think I gave only code1.

GC-4-All: Your PP stamping story is encouraging. Perhaps I am going to try my luck next week.

I don't know why you guys think PP stamping is big issue. :) All the guys in my Company over the period of 3 years around 15 guys have all got PP stamped.

So, don't be nervous go and get your PP stamped. You never know when you will get your cards. Coz, our requests have gone to TSC from local office.

It is a proof of status for Employement.

got welcome letter

Hi ,
I got welcome letter from local office and then I took it to the local office with an info pass to get it stamped and they did the satamp.I did not get any update on my case status as approved .After my approval I did my code 2 FP and my online status after 4 yrs shows that it has been transferred to Nebrasca for processing...I am so confused....
I got approvaal letter ( welcome letter) from local office on june 11. approval date jun -7 stamped on jun 14....
Please help with u valuable info's