Cases in Local Offices with Current PD post here...

dcmetro22042,

I went to the local office today. I was told that my case was assigned to an officer, and he/she has requested for a FP as they have expired. My FP is scheduled for Jun 15th. But I'm planning on going today itself for a early FP.

EB3 - India
PD - Nov 2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with that. Hope your local service center allows you to. Generally they are not very willing for such requests. I really hope you can. Good thing is that they already told you that your case is with an officer. Did not tell me anything like that. Just said, do the FP, it shall help in early approval.

I just gave my FP code 1 at the local office. It was a early FP.

But the bad thing is I noticed that the FP notice has a wrong Apt# :(

I got to take an Infopass imm and have it corrected.

Most of the Application service centers are accepting early FP. The requirement is that you should have some appointment to get into the Premisis like INFOPASS/FP notices itself and a valid reason that you will be out of town on project work going abroad some imprtant work.

dcmetro22042,

This is my 3rd FP in 5 years and always went ahead of the date, in Charlotte NC.

I went today in the morning straight from USCIS to ASC, but as my FP appt is for the 15th, she asked me to come around 1PM when the rush is less. I did the same and she let me in.

You should try as well. This is a common practise in Charlotte NC. And in Charlotte you don't have to have a reason for early FP. They just let you in.

We got biometrics notification for next week (June 11th). We went today and got them done with no questions asked. Early fingerprinting or Biometrics depends on the ASC center. If it is a big city like Newyork , they may not allow it. But in smaller cities, that should not be a problem.

I have already done the FP and I was just curious. I remember reading in FP forum that local office did not allow for few people..I am happy you all could.

More importantly, lets update on this thread when the LUD (for FP) shows up on the USCIS website. I am very curious. Coz the approvals shall come only once the officers know that we've done the FP

dcmetro22042,

If the case is in local office you are not going to see and LUD change. Coz, the local office does not have access to the email system. This was confirmed to me by the imm officer at the info pass appt.

Quick Update:
I went to the local office again today. I was told that my case is all clear and just waiting for the FP's to arrive and they will mail out the Approval letters.

When I asked him that I have never given Biometrics, but just FP. He said Bio is new thing since 2004. And since your's is an old PD2002,RD2003 case the officer handling your case is going to send out the actual photo manually that I submitted initially with the application to order the cards.

So, just waiting to see something in the mail in a week or two. Or else I have an appt on 19th and 22nd as a back up to go back again, if nothing happens till then.

GC-4-All: Did the office tell u how long it takes for them to get FP in the system? My officer was totally unaware and said upto 3 months. LOL. 1 week? 2 weeks? I like your idea and I want take a InfoPass appt just like you and make sure you now know everything is clear...

Our Pd is 2002 and we got Biometrics notification this week. So again I guess it depends on the local office and how well they communicate with the Service Centers. It it true that, we(local office transferred cases) do not get any kind of updates either through email or post regarding the status excepting plastic cards .

He said usually the FP's should be back in 2-3 days. And I myself know this.

When my case was transfered to local office way back in Dec 2004 and when I did not hear anything from them for 2 months. I made an info pass and went to check whats going on, if my file got transfered from TSC or not. The officer then said yes the file is here and Hey your FP is expiring, go and get it done today, and we will get your FP today itself, so that we can schedule your interview date. And like wise in 1 week I got the interview letter.

Still in a blackhole called local office

This is the update I had in today's infopass:
My case is currently under review with an officer as of 5/17/07. Please allow 90 - 180 days for any further action.
When I pointed out the priority date may retrogress again and asked whether there is any way to expedite the review, I was told "I can mail a request letter to the I-485 unit of the local office".
Do not know when the officer will look at the file:mad:
I contacted my congressman's office again and requested their intervention for a speedy processing! Let us see what happens!!

90-180 days is nonsense. God willing you will hearing something real soon.

Good that you have gone to the congressman.

The local office might be stacked up with more cases so the extra time. You also have your FP upto date. So, I don't see why your cased should take 90-180 days once on the officers table. Hang in there and in the meanwhile let the congressman's path take its own course.

GC-4-All,

When you got your FP notice did it say anything about a interview. I have been already interviewed at the Charlotte Service Center but It still says in order for us to schedule a interview we need your fingerprints.

Yes my FP notice too has the same line about the FP for interview. I guess it is just a standard format. Coz, according to the officer at the infopass, once my FP comes in they will send out Approval letters. I had my interview at Charlotte office way back in Mar 2005. I was asked to wait for visa# back then.

Or it may also mean, they might call you inside the office like on the interview day for stamping, rather than the window I guess. Either way I dont care.

But the local office schedules interview very late. :(

EB3 - India
PD - Nov 2002

Thanks GC-4-All. Can you please post a message here after you recieve approval or interview notice. I am thinking it will be similar for me .

Philadelphia transfer cases for interview.......

My case has transferred to Philadelphia from Vermont in the year 2005 and my interview is also completed at Philadelphia in the year 2005 May but online message still old message like your case transferred etc, my PD is June 2nd 2002 EB3, now we are staying at Dallas, can some one please suggest, whether to take info pass for follow up is a good idea or not…. In the service center also they will read the same message what is there in the online status because I called customer service and she told same thing what is there in the online status, your inputs are highly appreciated. Thank you all.