Cases in Local Offices with Current PD post here...

Boddam, my case is also transferred to Philly office. Can you tell me how long it took for you to receive the letter? Also would you share what is it they were looking for in the interview

thanks

Email response from CISOmbudsman

Received the following reply from CISOmbudsman in response to my email of yesterday; I am surprised that they did not choose to use Form DHS-7001 attached to my email and are asking me to send the form by snail mail. I have sent the form by snail mail today:
Thank you for contacting the office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISOMB).

While I do some preliminary checking, please use the following boilerplate information to submit a formal case problem.

CISOMB is charged with assisting individuals who experience specific problems during the immigration benefits seeking process with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Additionally, the Ombudsman identifies systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and recommends solutions to USCIS.

This office is barred from offering legal advice and, for privacy reasons, cannot accept case problems over the internet. We look forward to receiving your case problem via regular mail, as detailed on our website at www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman/. With the necessary consent completed, we can check the status of your matter.
Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
US Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Email: cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Web: http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

Within 90 - 120 days? or 90 - 180 days?

Customer Information Receipt given to me on June12:
Thank you for visiting the Dallas Field Office today. Our records indicate that your case is currently under review with an officer as of 5/17/07. Please allow 90 - 180 days for any further action.

Today I received a letter dated 6/7/07 from Dallas Field Office in response to the service request raised on 5/15/07:
Your case is under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 90 to 120 days of the date of this letter.

Do not understand what they are doing since it is 626 days since the successful completion of interview at the local office

GC-4-All,

I will let you know as well if i hear something.

ke_park,

Did you hear anything yet? I got an infopass for this Friday to check if my FP is in or not.

What scares me is???.... by the time the local office sends an interview date what if the retro kicks in again. I had the same experience last time in 2004/2005.

When I received the interview letter the PD was current and on the date of the interview it was retro, and I was told to wait.

Lets hope that these guys send out either Approval Letters or Interview Letters this week.

EB3 - India
PD - Nov 2002
Case in Charlotte Office
FP3 - Code 1 - Jun 7, 2002
Never gave Code 3.

GC-4-All,

I have not heard anything. We can't do anything until they tell us what is happening. Let me know how does it go for your infopass. I have an appointment for Monday but i am thinking they are going to tell me what ever they tell you . :)

GC-4-All,

I have not heard anything. We can't do anything until they tell us what is happening. Let me know how does it go for your infopass. I have an appointment for Monday but i am thinking they are going to tell me what ever they tell you . :)

Sure, I will let you know. Atleast I will know if the FP is in or not depending on whether I will be called by the officer at Window 5. :)

Hey the infopasses for July 3rd are open grab one just incase, you can cancel later, if you don't need it.

Update from Congressional Enquiry

When I called the immigration liasion in my Congressman's office, I got the following update: "Case is with reviewing officer"; I know this status from May 22.
Just wondering what is it the officer is reviewing for the last 33 days for a case for which name check was cleared in March 2003, interview completed in Sept 2005, Finger Printing is current:confused:
Now let me wait and see whether CIS Ombudsman has a better update than this!

When I called the immigration liasion in my Congressman's office, I got the following update: "Case is with reviewing officer"; I know this status from May 22.
Just wondering what is it the officer is reviewing for the last 33 days for a case for which name check was cleared in March 2003, interview completed in Sept 2005, Finger Printing is current:confused:
Now let me wait and see whether CIS Ombudsman has a better update than this!

In one of the Infopasses, when I asked the same question(How long does it take an IO to make a decision on my case?), I was told that your's is not the only case. There are a lot of other cases that the IO has to handle. It is assigned to an officer and they will come to your case in a TIMELY MANNER.

GC-4-All,

How was your infopass? Did you get any information out of them. Let me know.

ke_park,

Same story. The case is with the officer and you will hear from us shortly.

Q. How soon can I expect to hear something?
A. Pretty soon usually it take 30 days, but you should here earlier than that, like 2 weeks. The officer working on your case has not yet returned from vacation, he will be back on Monday and finish your case. The officer is known for turning in cases fast.

Q. Is there a possibility of an Interview or will the officer send out the approval letters?
A. She looked up the monitor and said: There is no indication that you are going to have an interview.

Q. When do you want me to check back again?
A. You can come as often as you want, but give atleast 2 weeks before you come back again. Coz you should be seeing something in 2 weeks.

Q. As you know all the PD's have become current, Is there going to be retro gain before my case gets approved?
A. No there is time till July end and there are lot of Visa #'s available, and if there is going to a retro it is going to be only at the end of fiscal year in Sep 2007. So you should be fine, and you get it way before that.

Hope all that is true. :)

Please let me know what you hear on Monday.

EB3 - India
PD - Nov 2002

Last edited by a moderator:
GC-4-All,

I don't think taking infopass and enquiring is going to yield any results. I wonder if there is another approach to this problem.

GC-4-All,

I don't think taking infopass and enquiring is going to yield any results. I wonder if there is another approach to this problem.

I want to wait for 2 weeks and if I do not hear anything from them, I will go the Congressman route.

When you guys went in to your local office for interviews, did you get an approval letter from your officer? I did and yesterday (30 days after I got that letter from her) I went back to check the status of my GC since I haven't received it or the official letter. They told me my case had been transfered back to TSC two weeks ago because that is where they print the GC. Has anyone heard of this and if so, how long did it take for you to get your GC after it got transfered back from the local officE? I need to travel next week and I'm freaking out. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

When you guys went in to your local office for interviews, did you get an approval letter from your officer? I did and yesterday (30 days after I got that letter from her) I went back to check the status of my GC since I haven't received it or the official letter. They told me my case had been transfered back to TSC two weeks ago because that is where they print the GC. Has anyone heard of this and if so, how long did it take for you to get your GC after it got transfered back from the local officE? I need to travel next week and I'm freaking out. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know how you got the impression that I got the GC. I'm still waiting to hear from the local office.

EB3 - India
PD - Nov 2002
FP3 - Jun 7, 2007

GC-4-All: Its nice that your local office did not say anything about visa numbers being used up as some other local office has mentioned to someone on the forum. That was a scary thought.
DC local office is another stupid one. They told me that they are not approving anything before end of June at all. Why? Bcoz they are going thru an interfloor move this month! Can you freakin believe it? One month for a move...esp at this critical time. They asked me to re-visit in July and I am...2nd July. Hope they let me see an immigration office then.

GC-4-All,

I had my infopass today and I was told that my case has been assigned to a officer and when he makes a decision he will mail the notice.