case transfer to san francisco

asic_chip, When did you receive your interview letter?

Hi asic_chip,
When did you receive your interview letter? I am still waiting. My RD is Dec 2002.
Thanks

AP and EAD renewal at SF

Hi,

My family's EB based AOS with RD of 09/2002 was transfered to SF in 12/2004, still no interview letter yet. Does anyone else out there with similar RD and transfer date?

We need to renew the AP and EAD (the third ones) in June. How long does it normally take to get AP and EAD renewed? Does SF always require to pick up the AP and EAD from the local office? Will we get an appointment letter with certain time frame or just to walk in the local office to pick them up? Given the summer vacation time is coming, I am a little bit worried that we may miss the notice. Does it matter if we pick up the AP and EAD a couple of weeks later?

Many thanks in advance.

You should be getting your interview atleast 9-12 months from the transfer date.

You can apply for the AP/EAD only one month prioe to the expiry of your EAD/AP. You need to pick up the AP/EAD from the local office. They would let you know when to pick it up. You can't just go and pick it up, you need the approval letter. It takes only about 30 days to get your AP/EAD approved. You have 45 days from the date your EAD/AP is approved to pick up the EAD/AP.

dontknowmuch said:
Hi,

My family's EB based AOS with RD of 09/2002 was transfered to SF in 12/2004, still no interview letter yet. Does anyone else out there with similar RD and transfer date?

We need to renew the AP and EAD (the third ones) in June. How long does it normally take to get AP and EAD renewed? Does SF always require to pick up the AP and EAD from the local office? Will we get an appointment letter with certain time frame or just to walk in the local office to pick them up? Given the summer vacation time is coming, I am a little bit worried that we may miss the notice. Does it matter if we pick up the AP and EAD a couple of weeks later?

Many thanks in advance.

Wrong.

My EAD application was rejected and the notice hightlights the reason "after 4/1, all EAD renew request goes to a Chicago address"

cannot give you more details, i am stilling waiting for the recipt from Chicago but you should do it asap.

prakash12322 said:
You should be getting your interview atleast 9-12 months from the transfer date.

You can apply for the AP/EAD only one month prioe to the expiry of your EAD/AP. You need to pick up the AP/EAD from the local office. They would let you know when to pick it up. You can't just go and pick it up, you need the approval letter. It takes only about 30 days to get your AP/EAD approved. You have 45 days from the date your EAD/AP is approved to pick up the EAD/AP.

RE: AP and EAD renewal at SF

Lyrix,

For clarificaion, you meant you filed the renewal at the local SF office and got rejected? If we have to file AP/EAD at the Chicago address, we don't need to wait 30 days prior to expiration? Have you considered E-filing? Will that be faster?

Thanks.

Anyone got interview letter

If anyone got interview letter lately, please post your details. That way we can track what RD cases SFO is processing. From all the previous postings it looks like they are processing cases with I-485 RD of October 2002.

yep, that's what was, 3rd EAD renewal got rejected. I did apply 2nd AP at SF before 4/1 and it was approved so I am not talking w/o experience.

But the thing is I can't be 100% affirmative as the impression and experience I have got from the local office is terrible so I am not sure they really know what they are doing... :( so don't want to mislead you guys until I get my receipt notice to confirm that's where it should be filed.

But I think you shouldn't worry about the 1 month thing, if it's rejected, so what, you just send it again at later time. I don't like the EFiles as I don't like the extra step of doing finger print. Faster? I am not sure.

dontknowmuch said:
Lyrix,

For clarificaion, you meant you filed the renewal at the local SF office and got rejected? If we have to file AP/EAD at the Chicago address, we don't need to wait 30 days prior to expiration? Have you considered E-filing? Will that be faster?

Thanks.

Its a bit confusing?

It says family base application for 485 and/or 765 and/or 131.

I filed before April 1st. So, I don't know much about the new rule. Sorry for the confusion.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/20050330directmail.pdf

lyrix said:
yep, that's what was, 3rd EAD renewal got rejected. I did apply 2nd AP at SF before 4/1 and it was approved so I am not talking w/o experience.

But the thing is I can't be 100% affirmative as the impression and experience I have got from the local office is terrible so I am not sure they really know what they are doing... :( so don't want to mislead you guys until I get my receipt notice to confirm that's where it should be filed.

But I think you shouldn't worry about the 1 month thing, if it's rejected, so what, you just send it again at later time. I don't like the EFiles as I don't like the extra step of doing finger print. Faster? I am not sure.

OK here is my situation on EAD renewal at SFO.

My second EAD is expiring in July '05 and my wife's first EAD in April'05.
My attorney filed our EAD extensions and AP renewals at NSC in Feb '05 as our 485 was originally filed in NSC though our 485 was already transfered to SFO in Dec '04.

On April 20th, 05 we got a letter for NSC saying both mine and my wife's EAD got transfered to SFO. On May 16th I got letter from SFO to come and pick-up EAD for my wife on May 19th and they put a hand written note on the bottom of the letter saying they will send a EAD pick-up notice for me in the month of July'05 as my EAD is expiring in July'05.

Our AP also got transfered to SFO in Second week of May but no news so far on AP.

what is process for renewing AP in SFO

if AP is expiring?

how many months before? can anyone apply and then leave the country and return on their existing AP? or is it a pick up system?

i also heard that the AP is a shabby looking document and not professional at all. In the days of enhanced security why dont they provide AOS applicants professsional looking documents that are high quality and valid for a few years?

has SFO office shown some mercy and started scheduling interviews

any one please update if you got an interview in the last 2 weeks along with your 485 receipt date

lyrix said:
Wrong.

My EAD application was rejected and the notice hightlights the reason "after 4/1, all EAD renew request goes to a Chicago address"

cannot give you more details, i am stilling waiting for the recipt from Chicago but you should do it asap.

I read somewhere in this forum or immigration.com that USCIS has issued a guidance for local offices to accept EAD/AP applications for employment based adjustment cases. Only family based have to send these applications to Chicago....

My case was in the EB category, but to be fair I was talking about my wife's secondary AOS/EAD/AP applications. (My own 485 has been approved by TSC).

But still i don't think my wife's case goes to the family based case category.

parolee said:
I read somewhere in this forum or immigration.com that USCIS has issued a guidance for local offices to accept EAD/AP applications for employment based adjustment cases. Only family based have to send these applications to Chicago....

EAD and local office.

I applied for EAD at local office ( SF ) twice and they sent it back initially asking to file only within 30 days of expiration. But when it came to the 30 days, they no longer accept EAD applications, it has to be sent to Chicago. Luckily my lawyer applied at Chicago 2 months before expiration and I got it approved couple of weeks ago. Chicago office is processing these cases pretty fast.

RE: AP and EAD renewal at SF

Hi, Thanks for reply on this topic from you all.

STom,

Can you let us know how long it took to get the EAD approval at Chicago from the day you sent the application? My EAD will expire within less than 2 months.

Many thanks.

So, did you get a receipt notice first? I sent my application to Chicao like more than 2 weeks ago and still didn't hear anything from them.

I am wondering if this perticular office doesn't do the receipt notice at all.

Thanks!

STom said:
I applied for EAD at local office ( SF ) twice and they sent it back initially asking to file only within 30 days of expiration. But when it came to the 30 days, they no longer accept EAD applications, it has to be sent to Chicago. Luckily my lawyer applied at Chicago 2 months before expiration and I got it approved couple of weeks ago. Chicago office is processing these cases pretty fast.

EAD update

I applied for EAD with chicago around Feb 10 and received a biometrics notice towards the end of March. I don't remember if they sent me a notice before that or not. I will check that and let you guys know later.

It took around 2 months for them to send me the EAD. Again I will check my records and post the exact time it took to get the EAD

Thanks, and you didn't by any chance pay with personal check, did you?

My personal check hasn't been deposited since I sent out the package three weeks ago, that's why i am a bit worried...

STom said:
I applied for EAD with chicago around Feb 10 and received a biometrics notice towards the end of March. I don't remember if they sent me a notice before that or not. I will check that and let you guys know later.

It took around 2 months for them to send me the EAD. Again I will check my records and post the exact time it took to get the EAD

No, I didn't pay by personal check
And here is time line. Sorry, the one I gave earlier was wrong.

I applied for EAD on March 7th. Got biometric notice towards the end of March. Got my EAD towards the end of April.
Hope this helps

Approved

Maiaia and Prakash,

Got the letter of Approval today. Thanks for all your help. After I send the document again, they received it and send me an approval letter.

Here is the story:

Processing started in Jan 98.
RFE For i-140 and approved in 2000
RD 485 - June 22, 2002
Transfer to SFO June 22, 2004
Interview date: Feb 28, 2005
Mailed Missing doc on 2/28/05 and again on 5/10/05
Approval Letter 5/24/05

Total processing time 7 years and 4 years.

maiaia said:
Lakshmi,

When I had my interview and there was one document they had forgotten to write on the notice, officer Macy gave me an RFE form listing the document that they needed. He told me to address it to "Officer E-11/G" which is his number. Did your interviewing officer give you a photocopy listing what he needed from you?

If you're sure that Officer Macy was the one who interviewed you, resend the proof of penalty (I assume it has to be an original) with a cover letter explaining that you were interviewed on 2/28, there was a document missing, you sent in in but it's been 2 months, so you're resending. Send it via Fedex so you can track it, and make sure that you include "Attn.: Officer E-11/G" Also, in the cover letter, include all contact information - phone numbers, address, and email address - so that if they need anything else they can get a hold of you easily.

Give it one month. Officer Macy told me that it might take that long because "the mail room can be sort of slow." Whatever, but that's exactly how long it took after I sent in the document they were missing.

If after one month you still haven't heard, I'd write to Barbara Boxer.

Good luck,

maiaia