case transfer to san francisco

ead card renewal

lyrix
You could find writing above colume of me. I already wrote my case. I applied to CSC not SFO. After one month and half past, I visited SFOffice, and made it right away with new application. In CSC, it takes more than two months. I think you'd better submit to local office.( from another person's story, he submitted one month before expiration date, The office sent letter immediately, he went to office with that letter and got it)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello...

Hi sfo485,
I had filed for my AP from Vermont but was transfered to the local office SFO last May. I got it finally approved but was valid for 3 months duration only..
I went to India for one month vacation using same AP last August .
Do let me know if you need more info.

AKY

AP renewed at local office

Yes, I did that within one month prior to the old one expires

I acutally sent the package 3 months ahead, but get rejected with a letter saying it only allows 30days prior to when you want to use it.

It's rather a shabby paper and they acutally glue your photo on it, but we used it w/o problem at POE.

sfo485 said:
Hi, AKY,

Have you ever applied for AP? Ever used?

AOS Interview

In the required documents list, other than usual stuff, there is following line which I am confused about. Please compare with your Interview letters and let me know if you have same or not.

"Also, current letters of employment from all your employers stating position, duties and salary."

Does this mean:
1. Letter from current employer OR
2. Current dated letters from all previous employers.

RD: July 2002
Transfer to SFO: July 15, 2004
Interview Letter Recieved: Feb 24, 2005.
Interview Date: March 14, 2005.
Transfered from Texas to SFO (job change, AC21)

I think

I think the first one is correct. I want to understand like this....
(if you have another job, you could prepare that letter also)

Got plastic card today

My chirdren and I got plastic card today. My wife is still waiting for card.

2/17 : got approval during interview
2/24 : received doc. from S.F. office
2/28 : Card Order
3/03 : Card mailed
3/07 : received plastic card

Thanks,
KKJ

Here comes the interview letter!!!!!!!

visa07 said:
DecadeForGC,

User sfo485 with 485 RD of Sept '02 and user Lakshmi2000 with 485 RD of July'02 got an interview letter.
If User parolee with 485 RD of Oct'02 get an interview letter next, then we are on right track.

Finally, I got the interview letter from San Francisco office today for the interview four weeks later. Seems like waiting line is moving forward. People with RD of October 2002 should check their mail quite often :)

Here is the twist: I never got second finger print notice, whereas my wife's second finger print was done in August 2004 (got transferred right after that). Any suggestions, can I somehow get my finger prints done before interview? Thanks.

Interview Appointment Received

Hi guys,

I just recently received my appointment which is scheduled for next month, April 15.

BTW, my case was transferred to the San Francisco District Office last Sept. 27 of 2004.

Anyway, the only thing that worries me is that I never received a 2nd fingerprint notice. Will this delay my case again? What should I do?

Thanks for the info.

I have similar issue with FP. My interview is on next Mon. My 1st FP was taken in 2002! But they didn't send new FP notice to me, only to my wife.

I sent an letter to remind them last week but got no response. So i'm going anyway.

parolee said:
Finally, I got the interview letter from San Francisco office today for the interview four weeks later. Seems like waiting line is moving forward. People with RD of October 2002 should check their mail quite often :)

Here is the twist: I never got second finger print notice, whereas my wife's second finger print was done in August 2004 (got transferred right after that). Any suggestions, can I somehow get my finger prints done before interview? Thanks.

Congrats Parolee! All the best for interview!
Please let us know your required documents.

Lyrix with 485 RD Apr'03 is next in this list for getting interview letter, Let's see.......

They sent public notice for scheduling interview

Hi folks!
I received USCIS San Francisco office's notice regarding their policy to make a schedule. On last December, I went to SF office and inquired the schedule for interview. They sent a letter today.

"In response to your inquiry dated 12-22-04, please be informed that;
Employment-based cases are interviewed in choronological order, and the determinning date is not the date our San Francisco office receives the file but rather the date on which the I-485 is filed with the California Service Center. Your I-485 was files in November 2003. We are currently interviewing cases filed in August 2002."

Sigh! I should wait for one more year? Oh My!!!

485 filed November 2003.
Transferred to SFO Aug. 5th 2004.

Thanks trekker1972 for posting your receipt date.

osjn, SFO has processed cases with receipt dates from Jan to Oct 2002 in last two months. If they continue at this pace you should get yours sooner.

I sincerely wish you are correct on this one, Visa 07.

Although there are 6 months between Oct'02 and Apr'03... :rolleyes:

visa07 said:
Lyrix with 485 RD Apr'03 is next in this list for getting interview letter, Let's see.......

Got interview appointment - coming up Monday!!

People,

good news here, for a change. Details:

WAC02-276-*****
RD 09/02
3 EADs, 3 APs
2nd FP 08/14/04
Transferred to SF local office on 08/21/04

Received interview notice first week of March; interview date 3/28. The notice went to my attorney with a cc: to me; it is a standard form telling me to bring the following:

appointment letter
all passports (expired and current)
arrival record (I-94)
Petitioner's corporate taxes 2001, 2002, 2003
Petitioner's last six DE-6 reports
Applicant's income taxes 2001, 2002, 2003 w/ W2s, plus W2 2004
Two latest earnings statements
Current letters of employment from all employers stating position, duties, and salary

Note: I understand this last one to be letters with current DATES from all employers. Clearly, since we've been waiting for this for years, and some of us have changed jobs, they are looking for proof that you have been working with similar positions, duties, salaries as what you stated in your application years ago.

Then, scribbled by hand, they added "originals of all Forms I-20 and paroles"

My I-20 is 14 years old!!! I do still have it, though.

My employer is sending an attorney with me (the attorney in charge of my case is in Boston = headquarters for the company; they're sending someone local with me).

Wish me luck; I'll report on the experience.

Maiaia