case transfer to san francisco

Jit?

Check the JIT SFO today, it say's 485 December 30 2003.

abc01 said:
Just checked and it looks like the date for I-485 of SF changed to Nov.30, 2003, I did saw earlier as Jan 19, 2004 almost catched up with SJ, anybody know?

The dates published under local processing have got nothing to do with transfer cases. My case was transferred on Dec 10. And till now no call whatsoever. Whenever I call all they say is "Wait! It will take time". I'm so frustrated, but one thing is for sure, you cannot go by those local processing times, as it is for those whose case was filed there. and not for those whose case was transferred.

bgadicha said:
The dates published under local processing have got nothing to do with transfer cases. My case was transferred on Dec 10. And till now no call whatsoever. Whenever I call all they say is "Wait! It will take time". I'm so frustrated, but one thing is for sure, you cannot go by those local processing times, as it is for those whose case was filed there. and not for those whose case was transferred.
It looks like cases transferred to SF local office is just being ignored. I have not seen any more friends receiving any interview letter. Too bad...

It's unbelievably bad luck; those who years ago innocently chose to live further up on the peninsula are punished by SFO office and those who happen to be in SC county got lucky with SJ. Oh, bother.

ruxrux said:
It's unbelievably bad luck; those who years ago innocently chose to live further up on the peninsula are punished by SFO office and those who happen to be in SC county got lucky with SJ. Oh, bother.

Has anyone who was transferred to SF contact congress, senators, BCIS officials whatever and get any sense of how SF is treating transferred EB I-485 cases? Please share. Isn't SJ supposed to be a sub-office of SF, why would they have such a huge difference?

There is only one reason for such differences - mentality. SJ field office is an efficiently led and organized office. SFO is in total disarray. There might be that the ratio of applicants to employees is higher in SFO, but I doubt it - SJ is full of immigrants, especially from Mexico, and all of them have some business in the CIS field office. Mind you, the indignity of waiting at 5 AM is still present and the organizational step missing there is involving info-pass-like system of appointments.

wac205 said:
Caracu,
This sound very promising. My transfer date to the local SF office was March 4 - which is around the same time as yours. Hopefully I will be getting my interview notice soon! Please keep us posted on how your interview goes.
Thanks.
Any news? Just thinking you may be the next one to get the interview letter since yours was transferred in March, too.

No, no response so far. I think Caracu was lucky. I expect another few months before the JIT date reaches March.

wac205 said:
No, no response so far. I think Caracu was lucky. I expect another few months before the JIT date reaches March.
Sadly, waiting together then...

No, no news yet

No, no news yet.

Transfer Date - May 11th 2004.

If anyone of you apply for an EAD extension at the loacl office (SFO), let us know the time period of that EAD. Now, they would issue EAD for the period INS thinks they can approve your case. We can guesstimate from that when our case would be apporved. The EADs can be of less than one year also!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
SFO and LAX the worst as far sceduling interviews is concerned.

San Jose called for interview in 9 days after Transfer.
Here it has been 10 days and havnt even got a transfer notice from LAX

prakash12322 said:
No, no news yet.

Transfer Date - May 11th 2004.

If anyone of you apply for an EAD extension at the loacl office (SFO), let us know the time period of that EAD. Now, they would issue EAD for the period INS thinks they can approve your case. We can guesstimate from that when our case would be apporved. The EADs can be of less than one year also!!!
Just applied again, first application was returned saying my old one is still valid for several month (acturally 2 mon) and I shoud not send so early. Well, well, did not know they can issue EAD so fast, now, only one month left. I guess they are going to give the new one for one year, since they are so slow in scheduling interview, they are no concerned of giving people 3rd or even more EAD, the more you apply, the more you pay.

Got letter asking me to pick up EAD from SFO office after next week.
Seems to be the same person's writing on the evelope. How early should I go? Is it going to be a long wait? Also, does this mean my case is physically transferred to SFO?

My Case was transferred to S.F. local office on 8/5.
Today(8/9), I got the tranfer notification.

The following is the notification.
Preliminary Processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at:
Room 200B, 630 Sansome Street,San Francisco,CA 94111
Tel : (800) 375-5283
That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

KKJ said:
My Case was transferred to S.F. local office on 8/5.
Today(8/9), I got the tranfer notification.

The following is the notification.
Preliminary Processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at:
Room 200B, 630 Sansome Street,San Francisco,CA 94111
Tel : (800) 375-5283
That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

I am tired of waiting for SFO, can't they just have someone spend a day or two work on our "odl old " case, so we won't bother them any more?

KKJ said:
Hello abc01

you don't get even transfer notification?

KKJ

Got transfer notice from CSC, haven't heard from SFO for over 3 months,
our files may be sitting there at SFO untouched.

Did you send inquiry to S.F. office?
Or , did you talk to congressman or senator about S.F. transfer case status?

KKJ said:
Did you send inquiry to S.F. office?
Or , did you talk to congressman or senator about S.F. transfer case status?
No yet, I an hoping miracle will happen some day.
I am going to get 3rd EAD next Monday, I have SFO letter asking me to come any Monday, is this considered with appointment or not. How early should I be there to avoid waiting for hours?