Canadian PR - NOW USC

HSR2009

We recently got our US Citizenship. My husband previously had his Canadian PR in 2000. We are looking to acquire Canadian PR again or reactivate it???

Do any one see any benefits in Canadian PR with US citizenship or might be in our shoes--- Thnx

When was the last time you lived in Canada? It seems you abandoned your Canadian PR status a while back. Regardless, you will need to re-apply. Your citizenship really does not factor in your PR application.

We recently got our US Citizenship. My husband previously had his Canadian PR in 2000. We are looking to acquire Canadian PR again or reactivate it???

Do any one see any benefits in Canadian PR with US citizenship or might be in our shoes--- Thnx

Why would some one move to Canada after having US citizenship?

Health (insurance) benefits ?

Health benefits are not great in Canada.
One can file for Canada immigration for family members and it is easy to immigrate to Canada. If they file from US it may take 5-14 years.
FYI the PR status does not automatically get abandoned. When enter Canada immigration officer has to write a report that one has not maintained Canada PR status. One can go for appeal in 30 days after the report and can appear before Canada immigration judge.

What more insight do you need? I lived in Canada for 5.5 years and I have been living in the US for 6.5 years. In some aspects Canada is a better country to live in, in my opinion. In some other aspects, the US is.

Personal preference, can you share more insight?

I don't see any reason for move to Canada. I have few Canadian neighbours in TX who are working on TN visa and love here in US. One of previous manager was born and raised in St. John (NB) and is planning to retire in the southern part of US.

Different horses for different courses.

I don't see any reason for move to Canada. I have few Canadian neighbours in TX who are working on TN visa and love here in US. One of previous manager was born and raised in St. John (NB) and is planning to retire in the southern part of US.