Canadian Immigration revokes Green Card?

Jaggy said:
No Not At All.........

One of the conditions of a Green Card is that you intend to reside in the US. Become a Permanent Resident of any other country can be construed by USCIS as abandonment, since you've clearly indicated that you want to live permanently in another country.

How often it happens is an interesting question, but the Canadians do share immigration data with the US, and if CBP wanted to yank your Green Card at the border I could see them being able to do so.

TheRealCanadian said:
One of the conditions of a Green Card is that you intend to reside in the US. Become a Permanent Resident of any other country can be construed by USCIS as abandonment, since you've clearly indicated that you want to live permanently in another country.

How often it happens is an interesting question, but the Canadians do share immigration data with the US, and if CBP wanted to yank your Green Card at the border I could see them being able to do so.

Hi,
Do you think applying for Canadian Immigration can cause any harm on US GC process?
I’m very anxious with this issue because on this Year I applied for Canadian GC and my US GC process is pending from sep 04 for name check.

Please reply.
Thank you.
sd70

sd70 said:
Hi,
Do you think applying for Canadian Immigration can cause any harm on US GC process?
I’m very anxious with this issue because on this Year I applied for Canadian GC and my US GC process is pending from sep 04 for name check.

Please reply.
Thank you.
sd70

Just applying does not have any problems. But There might be some problems if you Land in Canada after getting GC in US.

tammy2 said:
Just applying does not have any problems. But There might be some problems if you Land in Canada after getting GC in US.

That's correct. Until you get your US permanent residence you can do what you want - but once you get the GC you should not take overt acts that indicate your intent to live somewhere else.

Besides, why would you want to move to Canada? No jobs, high taxes and the climate sucks. :)

TheRealCanadian said:

How does USCIS differentiate between getting permanent residency
of other country and adding more citizenships or changing citizenship ?
I wonder if getting permanent residency of other country is considered
as abandonment of US GC, changing citizenship to other country's
or adding more citizenship should be considered the same way,
since citizenship allows the people the permanent residency to
the given country. Any idea ?

GotPR? said:
How does USCIS differentiate between getting permanent residency
of other country and adding more citizenships or changing citizenship ?
I wonder if getting permanent residency of other country is considered
as abandonment of US GC, changing citizenship to other country's
or adding more citizenship should be considered the same way,
since citizenship allows the people the permanent residency to
the given country. Any idea ?

I read somewhere that you lose US Citizenship if you apply for Citizenship of another country BUT if you already have another Citizenship and then get US Citizenship then you can keep both.

Assuming I have citizenship of country A, and have PR of the US.
Getting PR from other country B potentially causes my US PR revoked
according to the discussion.
Getting citizenship of country B( so now I have citizenship of A and B),
is my US PR in jeopady ?? If not, my question is what is the ground of
the difference between these 2 cases ?

GotPR? said:
Getting citizenship of country B( so now I have citizenship of A and B), is my US PR in jeopady ?? If not, my question is what is the ground of
the difference between these 2 cases ?

Citizenship of a country does not require any desire to actually reside there.

If someone got GC approval but not the actual Card and then go to Canada to process PR documents - will this revoke the GC as well?

Do Canadian stamp visa on passport or just give a document/paper?