Can you remove the Captcha image verification for established users?

Jackolantern

Registered Users (C)
I understand that you put the Captcha image verification in place to deter the spammers.

However, it serves no purpose other than annoyance for genuine users that have been on the site for months or years. It is not very beneficial to just replace one annoyance (spammers) with another annoyance (Captcha).

I hope you can remove the Captcha for users that meet certain basic longevity criteria, for example 10 posts and 45 days. 99.9% of spammers (especially the bots) won't have the patience and awareness to get past that.

What's going on?

I must say that, I had liked this site for the great database and resources it provides to individuals in need of some advices (free or not) ever since I discovered it. But to add to what the previous member has said, I am disappointed for several reasons:
1- I do not understand why until minute ago, I have been banned from posting or commenting even on my on posts (lol, I undestand that base on the exceptance of the rule I do not own any of this site or it valuable resources... but you do get my point). For more than 3 weeks I was completely shortdown without a warning nor that I have infringed any of the rules in here (honestly I am even sceptical whether this will go thru.
2- Fight the Spammers but make sure you treat pple who has not pause any threat right.
Thank you, Modos or whoever this may concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's going on?

Hi Moderators,

You have yet to reply to the posts above. I agree with Jackolantern. I've been a member for 1 year with over 500 posts.

1. Why is the Captcha image verification now in place for existing/longstanding members?

2. In order for me to post or reply to a post, I have to always reply to thread. Why is this now the case?

3. If I have violated any of the rules, I have no knowledge of the same and would like to be enlightened.

4. Is there a glitch in your system?

Please advise...thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you win dv, finally I am able again to post. They really need to address the concern in here. All I was asking is if they were having trouble with the system, they do owe to send and e-mail to member to warn them about any glitch or concern before implementing any reprimand, after all members or readers are also stakeholders of this organization.

Yes....this is such a great forum but half the times I'm discouraged from posting simply because of the image verification. At least people who have been members for a few months/ year should not have to go thru this every time.

That is pretty much on top of our list. Captchas will be modified and removed for users. Thanks for your input.

That is pretty much on top of our list. Captchas will be modified and removed for users. Thanks for your input.

Hi there Rajiv, I am new to this site. Find it quite informative and just like the rest I think its time you change the image verification concern. Its long over due. Thanks in advance.

The captcha will get disabled after 5 posts from a new user. Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

I also appreciate it being gone for me. I am concerned that it only takes five posts to get it removed. If that is done automatically, the SPAMMERS will be back quickly. However, if the administrator is only OR also notified after a new user has five posts and an actual person has to check the new users posts to let them remain CAPTCHA-free, I would feel better for the Forum's sake.

Life is good! I have noticed a few spam posts in the last couple of days by people who had "No Captcha" under their names.