Can we work, if renewal of EAD is approved but the EAD card is not yet received?

Viswamohan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

The BCIS online message says, that my EAD renewal application has been approved and they have mailed the approval notice and ordered for the new EAD cards. I have the following questios, I appreciate IF anybody who has the experience can answer my questions.

1. Can we continue working, if renewal of EAD is approved but the actual EAD card is not received before the current EAD card expires? I mean do we need the new EAD card literally in hand? or just the approval notice is enough?

2. Usually, how may days it will take to receive the EAD card after approval of the case?

3. Who will receive the approval notice? my attorney or me?

Thanks in advance.

My EAD info:
RD : 10/22/03
ND : 10/22/03
Approved : 01/26/04
Waiting for the cards.

1. Can we continue working, if renewal of EAD is approved but the actual EAD card is not received before the current EAD card expires? I mean do we need the new EAD card literally in hand? or just the approval notice is enough?
----- Need the new EAD card in hand
2. Usually, how may days it will take to receive the EAD card after approval of the case?
-------5-8 days
3. Who will receive the approval notice? my attorney or me?
------ EAD card will be mailed to your home address

** provide the Service center

Disagree with ginnu

If you have an approval, you can continue to work. Dont forget to get a printout of the approval webpage- (with the receipt number)
approval notice is enough.
Just in case the approval has a date not coinciding with the last EAD's expiry date, you can sue USCIS.

you have to have actual EAD to work

Talked to IIO about this issue. No card, no work even it is approved.

Jaxen is Wrong, talked to Sheela Murthy few days back, NO EAD Card in Hand no work, BCIC online print out will not stand in court, many time BCIS online still shows many petition approved while petition is denied and BCIS has also disclaimer one can not sue BCIS with online print out. If you remember few days back BCIS online was showing that I-485 will be approved in 30 days and then it changed again

I have the approval notice.

In my case it is just not the online approval message. I can produce the copy of approval notice that is sent to the lawyer. I think that is the final proof of approval of the case. Right?

Thankyou

The attorney i spoke with said you can work.
IF he cannot work then What happens if some one looses his EAD? He has approved EAD but lost some where.

In my case it is just not the online approval message. I can produce the copy of approval notice that is sent to the lawyer

----- If you have approval notice sent to lawyer from USCIS, you are OK, you may get EAD card in few days

If you have lost the EAD you can apply for a replacement EAD with BCIS and continue to work.

Yes you will be taking a risk by working based on the approval notice that you see on the webpage. I dont think that comparing TSC processing days change with approval message is fair.

The reason why murthy thinks that your reading of the approval message might be faulted is because most of us
1. commit silly typos
2. Dont know what the recent format of approved message is (Vs RFE)
3. OxyMorons who want to take matter into their hands.
4. Sometimes the printing gets back logged(like it was recently for AP) and some bright Director might decide to print the validity dates from the date of printing. Anything can happen in those heads.

I dont blame her.

By the way, there is no disclaimer that the information provided by BCIS via its website status check page or by telephone is not accurate.