Can We settle on These Bases?

we are waiting for meeting outcome...

Myself & lot of other folks are waiting for the outcome of the meeting. Rajum/Somebody, please post the summary as soon as you can, after finishing the meeting. Thanks!

Dear Rajiv,

How is the meeting going?

Can you post something that you have changed after the meeting to share? Or the final version you plan to present to CIS?

A very imp. point which I missed in my last post arguing against putting forth a boiled down list:

A list with only a couple of points which we are adamant about gives CIS absulutely NO incentive to settle. Then they would rather file a petition to dismiss the case and have it drag on and on.

Till you get the minutes, here is the feel I had from the meeting:

Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate. - John F Kennedy

There are two kinds of people interested in this settlement
1. People who have been waiting for thier I-485 for a long time.
2. People who have just applied for I-140 / I-485.

The settlement should benifit both.

The long time waiters are interested in
1. EAD and AP for longer durations.
2. Interm green cards, kind of like the ones people get when they marry a citizens; valid for two years and then you get a permanent one.

People who applied recently are interested in
1. Streamling of process to reduce backlogs; say if the company makes more than 10 million a year and 1-140 should would certainly go through, in such cases they can order the background checks on applicants so that the results arrive arround the time I-140 is to be approved. The officer can than approve I-140 and I-485 at the same time.

2. Intoduction of premium processing.

Cheers
Raghu

Re: All Rajiv's proposals were in-line with BCIS/Congress already existing themes.

Hi all,

Just my $0.02 on the issue of having a small list versus the list we currently have: The fact of the matter is that they know and we know what are the really important issues - I see most of the discussion revolving around those critical issues rather than on the so called "nice to have" items.

Rajiv has already mentioned that he expects favorable response otherwise he will be unwilling to settle - Any discerning lawyer/judge will not argue based on "ah!, they granted 5 out of 8, so what is your problem now" kind of approach.

Originally posted by LegalFrustrated
Most of the Rajiv's proposals were in-line with BCIS/Congress's already existing themes.

Like, I-140 premium processing (already existing idea), I-485 approval in 6 months (Clinton Admin/Bush Admin/Congress strongly pushed BCIS for this, but with no avail) etc.

So, please do not change these as it would divert/confuse BCIS.

Secondly, I would go with the idea of presenting 3-4 concrete proposals, unless otherwise, they are used for bargaining purpose.

Any updated info for this thread?

Has the proposal been sent to CIS or still under discussion?

Rajiv, Can you post it for us to share?

I really appreciate your hard work and will never forget it.

Mr. Khanna,

Could you please update us as to status? When do you intend to submit the proposal to CIS, and when do you expect an answer from them?

Thanks.

Got the GC stamped?

Looks like all the attendees of the meeting got their GC stamped for 5 years...

Surprisingly, nobody is posting the summary or writing anything on this thread anymore.

Whats going on guys...
- Are you still in the meeting?
- Did you create any other thread for discussion?
- ???

Re: Got the GC stamped?

Originally posted by bloody_labor
Looks like all the attendees of the meeting got their GC stamped for 5 years...

Surprisingly, nobody is posting the summary or writing anything on this thread anymore.

Whats going on guys...
- Are you still in the meeting?
- Did you create any other thread for discussion?
- ???

We have decided to pretty much go with the settlement proposal we had drafted. But hang tight, the minutes will be posted.

Re: Got GC ?..

Hang Tight Guys. The people who were in the meeting also have their day jobs to attend to........Give them atleast a day or two to make sure the minutes is proof read and the errors are not discussed in this thread.........

Just my 2 cents.

As Rajiv said, we are pretty much going with the same proposala that Rajiv listed before. One of the members might post the minutes of the meeting later. We all ran to work after the meeting.

This litigation is a great step forward. All the steps 1-7 listed by operations would be a great help if accepted by USCIS.
Also the ad-hoc functioning of USCIS must be stopped.
Suddenly Nebraska USCIS passed a rule for I140s that combination of foreign degrees would not be accepted unless specifically mentioned in the labour petition.
For those users who had aldready applied for labour this was a nuisance since many of them got RFE's, denials because of this.
What more can we do to make I485 processing faster.
Simply sitting with our fingers crossed at the mercy of USCIS will do us no good

Maybe its too late for this suggestion.

But in case not, can we emphasize them to clarify their rationale for this long time in I-485 ?

By then, they have checked (I140) company financials, employee qualifications, and even checked if that job is easy to fill by locals (Labor) ? So if it only security they are concerned about, why does it take so long ? Security is an issue they cannot be sure even after 10 years ! (there were some terrorists who were citizens !)

Also what is this talk about not enuf funds ? A brief calculation tells me that a fee of $550/app should get them to employ somebody at $20/hr for 28 hrs. I think, that would be sufficient to approve or do the necessary investigations to approve. If they want more, they can make it lets say $1000. (same investigation holds for family. so a family of 2, BCIS makes a reasonable profit !) ;)

Anyways, maybe they should be asked why they say they lack funds ? How much is the deficit and how much would they like

:mad:

Originally posted by rs74
This litigation is a great step forward. All the steps 1-7 listed by operations would be a great help if accepted by USCIS.
Also the ad-hoc functioning of USCIS must be stopped.
Suddenly Nebraska USCIS passed a rule for I140s that combination of foreign degrees would not be accepted unless specifically mentioned in the labour petition.
For those users who had aldready applied for labour this was a nuisance since many of them got RFE's, denials because of this.
What more can we do to make I485 processing faster.
Simply sitting with our fingers crossed at the mercy of USCIS will do us no good

I intend to file a class action lawsuit on this matter. Let me know if there are enough sufferers out there.

conference call minutes

The attached doc has conference call minutes.

Thanks to rajum for preparing the doc.

Please ignore spell or grammar mistakes if you find any, sorry for the inconvenience. Its been prepared in a hurry :)

Last edited by a moderator: