Can the French embassy cancel my US B1/B2 visa?

candyman2121

I'm applying for a French student visa soon in India and since I'm unemployed at this point in time,I wanted to continue my education in France so I can get better opportunities here when I come back. I do however have a B1/B2 visa valid for ten years issued outside of my home country.

Although I haven't used it in a long time and neither do I plan to use it again soon, I would like to know if the French embassy can cancel my US visitor visa or pass my information to the US embassy for visa cancellation in case I don't qualify for the French student visa itself. I know that when you're unemployed, you don't qualify for a B2 visa until you're employed back again. Am I overthinking it ? I would appreciate anyone's advise on this.

Thanks!

Of course not. The French embassy has no jurisdiction over a US visa - they cannot cancel your B1/B2 visa.

Of course not. The French embassy has no jurisdiction over a US visa - they cannot cancel your B1/B2 visa.

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm not actually worried about them physically cancelling it but maybe passing the information to the US embassy in India that I'm unemployed! Obviously I will never travel to US if I'm not employed but is that something that they can do? I'd appreciate your reply!

You ve been watching so many movies.....you are fine. If you plan on going back to school, you are not unemployed, you re a student. You can even go on vacation in usa, assuming you are enrolled (acceptance letter) in France. So take it easy man.

You ve been watching so many movies.....you are fine. If you plan on going back to school, you are not unemployed, you re a student. You can even go on vacation in usa, assuming you are enrolled (acceptance letter) in France. So take it easy man.

Haha! Thanks for replying back! I know that the French embassy cannot really cancel my visa by themselves but can they pass the information to the US embassy that I'm unemployed or something like that?

I am pretty sure the consular staff at the French embassy have much better things to do with their time. Relax!

I know that the French embassy cannot really cancel my visa by themselves but can they pass the information to the US embassy that I'm unemployed or something like that?