Can one who was denied asylum in USA apply for asylum in Australia?

dilash

Registered Users (C)
Do you know how does that work? If not which other country is possible to go for asylum?
Thanks,
D.

the short answer is yes! they have nothing to do with each other! just be prepared to be questioned about it in by the Australian immigration authorities!

Do you know how does that work? If not which other country is possible to go for asylum?
Thanks,
D.

I was denied our refugee claim in Canada but was granted political asylum in the US, go figure. I'm sure the Australian government would still welcome you to apply for asylum in their country. Be forewarned though, I was told that Australia detains asylum seekers just like here in the US. So I would do a fair amount of research before pursuing such a task. In either case, I wish you well and hope for the best for you! Good luck and may God be with you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
uh! for a question that was asked last year you reply now!?!?

And your contribution to this thread is sooooooo much better! FYI, people post in threads to provide valuable information for future inquirer's. :tsk:

And your contribution to this thread is sooooooo much better! FYI, people post in threads to provide valuable information for future inquirer's. :tsk:
valuable information??? Like what? " I was told that Australia detains asylum seekers just like here in USA" is that what you called valuable information? They detained you because you attempted to enter illegally from canada not because you are asylum seeker. pls don't give wrong info.

Do they really detain asylum seekers in USA?

Yes they do.

valuable information??? Like what? " I was told that Australia detains asylum seekers just like here in USA" is that what you called valuable information? They detained you because you attempted to enter illegally from canada not because you are asylum seeker. pls don't give wrong info.

My input to this thread is definitely more valuable than the hate that you are currently expressing. Being a combatant in a forum such as this is utterly useless and could potentially result in a permanent ban. In the future, please refrain from using such uneducated guesses as to the cause of one to be detained due to the immigration process in which he or she applied for. I wish that people like you should be a little more compassionate towards other people's experiences and the hardships they have endured. My time in detention is definitely an experience which I would not wish even upon my worst enemies. Just so you know, the USA detains Defensive Asylum Seekers not because of the lack of identification or travel documents, but due to supposed "security reasons". ICE discriminated a lot of the detainees and most were never given the right to fight their cases! We had to endure a lot of abuse to prove ourselves in order to remain protected in this country. So my advice to a mis-educated person such as yourself, please be a little more sensitive when making such useless claims that you obviously know nothing about! This is my last and final word to you, please stop trolling and creating unnecessary posts in this forum if you have nothing valid to say. If you have nothing progressive to add, then please keep the bigotry and the ignorance out of this forum! Thank you and have a wonderful day!!!

EDIT: And for the record, the person who informed me that Asylum Seekers have a strong possibility to get detained during presentation in Australia is an ICE Officer!

Yes, they might detain asylum seekers at the port of entry in the US if they don't have a valid visa or a parole or if they are inadmissible. This depends on the individual case.

They will remain inadmissible even if they are granted asylum. The grant of asylum doesn't automatically waive their prior immigration violation (illegal entry).

They will be subject to the inadmissibility bar under section 212(a)(6)(A)(i)

They will have to seek a waiver when they apply for adjustment of status (green card). A waiver might be granted for asylees and refugees for humanitarian reasons, family unity, or a public interest.

Under the current USCIS policy, form I-602 is not required to waive the inadmissibility bar section 212(a)(6)(A)(i) and 212(a)(9)(b) unless the I-485 adjudicator asks for it.