• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can Kenneth White ask DOS/KCC for a full disclosure of previous years?

Veggie3

Registered Users (C)
There were many rumors about the lottery in previous years - that in DV 2011 many (most?) of the winners were from the last 2 days, or that in 1995 they were from 2-3 days in the middle, etc.

Now if that was the case, then the 22,000 still have a chance. Even if the results of DV 2011 would show that, say, 60% of all the winners were selected from the last 4 days - was that random enough? Or if in another year 50% were selected from a period of 5 days - was that random enough for DOS/KCC?

In short, such info might show whether or not the 22k case is like previous years. And I have a feeling that KCC may have something to hide:confused:

There were many rumors about the lottery in previous years - that in DV 2011 many (most?) of the winners were from the last 2 days, or that in 1995 they were from 2-3 days in the middle, etc.

Now if that was the case, then the 22,000 still have a chance. Even if the results of DV 2011 would show that, say, 60% of all the winners were selected from the last 4 days - was that random enough? Or if in another year 50% were selected from a period of 5 days - was that random enough for DOS/KCC?

In short, such info might show whether or not the 22k case is like previous years. And I have a feeling that KCC may have something to hide:confused:

Yes, he can ask for that during discovery--(motion for disclosure of documents and things). As long as he can show that those documents are relevant to support his claim and the documents are not privilege.

Refer to Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 26.

I dont know if the whole thing would be open and fair,suing the government and winning in no joke.O.I.G might even cover up for K.C.C and Dos mistakes.(God forbid).
But Mr.White should be able to request for the results and details of the winners of previous Dv's.But next week all will be known.

by the way, if he mention previous lottery (which i think he will because there is no reason why us "normal" citizen though about it & him the lawyer pass it...), i think we will be in for a long run with the 2012 edition being endless

I remember in one of Mr.White's press release before the lawsuit, he said O.I.G were not co-operative and they did not want to finish their investigation before July 15th.This shows that they may not cooperate.But may be the lawsuit might make them to cooperate but not to be honest of their investigation.

The judge can order DOS to release the info

DOS must have all the information from previous years, and it's very relevant for the case of the 22k.

It's actually good if DOS will try to hide the info - then it'll be clear that such "computer errors" happened in the past.

DOS must have all the information from previous years, and it's very relevant for the case of the 22k.

It's actually good if DOS will try to hide the info - then it'll be clear that such "computer errors" happened in the past.

The judge can not order generally. It is Mr. White who has to file that motion for disclosure of documents and things. He must also show that the documents are RELEVANT to support his claims. If it is determined that it is relevant but DoS is refusing to produce those documents then Mr. White can move for an order compelling Dos to produce those documents. This when the court will order Dos to produce the documents. If Dos still fails to produce after they have been ordered then the court may sanction them. All these are done during DISCOVERY

Refer to federal rules of civil procedure Rule 26 and Rule 37.

NOTE: my explanation is not an answer to the pending case but just an explanation of the law relating to the thread "Can Kenneth White ask DOS/KCC for a full disclosure of previous years?"

All I want is a green card!!! Why are you guys giving such long stories? I will wait till July 15. If am selected I will jump up 'n down. If not, life goes on.

Before i used to say DOS would not compromise maybe if they have there own opinion,but as the situation is on ground.DOS has no other choice than to compromise.If Mr Kenneth white can provide a relevant documents to shows how about 10k winners were selected in the last two days of DV 2011 and to get some documents of DV 1995 where most winners were selected from the middle week of submission period of one month.I mean majorit of winners got selected from the first two weeks of the one month program.DOS will compromise cos these whole issues has somehow expose DOS secret of selecting winners.I know they would want to compromise to cover up there mess.July 15 stands.

It is more or less clear that in recent years (except DV-2012) the winners were distributed uniformly by the date of submittion. It is definitely the case about DV-2011 and some other recent years, but might be not the case for 1995.

Do you have factual data on that?

If I'm not mistaken, DOS released the numbers of winners according to regions/countries, but didn't slice the numbers by day of application.

I read about DV-1995 when ten classmates from one group sent their application to Kentucky and all of them won and got their visas. From DoS' point of view it is not random and fair, so should DoS recall all issued green cards? It is difficult to believe that DoS will disclose all information regarding previous years.

Raevsky how do you mean by saying it is not the case of DV 1995?
Fox25 reported that for Europe for several recent years the distribution of winners was uniform regarding the day of submission. His statistics was not available for older years, like 1995. That is what I mean - no data for 1995.

We should wait till July 12th, Don't rule anything out. There is rumor going around that they might reinstate all May 1st result. Meaning the 22k and the remaining 78k that has not view their result on ESC before the technical error. So non-selectee don't get your hope so high.

There is a guy who claims to have used the signatures of dates of application from a Russiam forum.And guess what?22% off the winners were from the last days.
Even in this forum just check out the signatures of last years winners dv 2011 you will spot the pattern.
So Im sure if Mr.White gets hold of the previous results he will have some strong points and evidence about the issue of randomness.