Can Attorney Pay H1b Application Fees

kmlucy

Registered Users (C)
My company wont pay for any application fees for h1b, my attorney told me that an attorney can pay all visa application fees ($1500, $500, $320) on behalf of your employer and i can pay those fees to the attorney.. is this legal? your expert advise in this matter will be appreciated...

No. Only some fees may be paid for by the potential employee. The employer is required by law to pay specific fees. Your employer is not allowed to place these fees on you simply by having the attorney pay them.

Do NOT go with this employer!

My company wont pay for any application fees for h1b, my attorney told me that an attorney can pay all visa application fees ($1500, $500, $320) on behalf of your employer and i can pay those fees to the attorney.. is this legal? your expert advise in this matter will be appreciated...

I'm surprised your lawyer suggested this. Your, I mean company's lawyer, should have told the company about the law. Yes, lawyer can pay it on behalf of employer. And employer has to pay him USCIS fees plus lawyer fees. If your employer is so cheap, then why didn't he submit H1b on his own to save lawyer fees. It is not a rocket science.

is this new H1 or H1 extension??

I'm surprised your lawyer suggested this. Your, I mean company's lawyer, should have told the company about the law. Yes, lawyer can pay it on behalf of employer. And employer has to pay him USCIS fees plus lawyer fees. If your employer is so cheap, then why didn't he submit H1b on his own to save lawyer fees. It is not a rocket science.
well my company wont pay for anything... i will be paying the laywer his fees as well as application fees.. and laywer will drop his check for fees in the application... i just wanted to know that it is legal or not?

yes this is new H1 application
If US employer need employee on H1 then US Employer should pay the entire fee to USCIS directly or through lawyer.
By paying to US employer so that employer file H1 for you is not correct way to get H1.
If you search the threads many gave money to US based Desi employers to file H1 and once H1 got approved they did not give the papers and don’t have jobs. What is the meaning of getting H1 by paying to employer those who don’t have jobs?

If US employer need employee on H1 then US Employer should pay the entire fee to USCIS directly or through lawyer.
By paying to US employer so that employer file H1 for you is not correct way to get H1.
If you search the threads many gave money to US based Desi employers to file H1 and once H1 got approved they did not give the papers and don’t have jobs. What is the meaning of getting H1 by paying to employer those who don’t have jobs?

Do you have any more information on this meaning something that states employer is responsible for fees etc?

Do you have any more information on this meaning something that states employer is responsible for fees etc?

There was a USCIS memo regarding this.
I don't remember which month and year the memo was issued in, but I believe it was issued sometime last 2 years.