Can all May filers who are still waiting approval get together? - II

Dont Care

Registered Users (C)
Thought change of thread might improve our luck... What level we are going to? Man I am not sure whether it is good..

Call IIO

Did you guys call IIO because as per latest information VSC is officially processing June 1st cases. That means all May cases were completed. If I were you, I would call IIO or ask the lawyer to findout the status from VSC.

somehow I think we are all together somewhere.

Otherwise we should at least have someone approved. Not like this, the whole group is like dead...

Should We do something about it?

I dont know, I am more frustrated. Cant even think of avenues. Dont want to screw up also. So, Guess I will wait another week to call IIO.

too much redtape!

It is not at all fair to be waiting...it is approaching a year after our RD...first they had the screw up of the mail contractor, now this...I am running out of patience!!!

Called the lawyers first and they called last to last Friday...told me that INS told them it has been assigned to an officer the previous day...called last Friday myself, first time, the IIO told me still not assigned....don\'t know whatz going on...

Status so far:
Total cases - 24
Approved - 8
Waiting -16

i.e 33.33% approved so far...

How about calling IIO in turn

As Mission Mission had suggsted. May be we can add the IIO Called date in the list and update it. I called IIO on 4/10 and Got an answer to wait for another 60 days.

I called INS today

I called INS today and IIO told me that my case is "under review/assigned to an officer(on 03/28)". I had contacted local senator\'s office (in VA) last week. They got back to me yesterday(Monday), saying my case is with an officer. So, I believe it true as I got the same message from 2 different sources. IIO told me that once it is assigned to an officer, it may take 4-6 weeks before I hear something from INS. FYI.

How to contact your senator

I used the key word senate and found my US senator web site and all my elected officials addresses phone numbers and E.-mails.
Some senators have special form to be printed for people who request assistance.

www.senate.gov

Go to this website. You will see a listing of senators, two for each state. Each senator has a home page. Follow the links and find contact info. My experience is: Call them direct, rather than sending emails. That way it is faster. You can contact either or both the senators from your state(where you live).