Can a PR status be revoked if Removal of Conditions was fraud?

worldweary

I had married someone in Thailand in 2001 and had filed all the paperwork to bring her over as a conditional resident based on marriage. I don't know why, but it had taken 3 years (she arrived in Feb 2004) before she was able to come. During that time, we had lost all communication and I had found someone new and had a baby with her in 2003.

After she arrived (she stayed with my aunt, then later moved on), I went to ask her for a divorce, but she refused me and proceeded to ignore me from
that time on. Since then, I would try to talk to her for a divorce, but she always refused. According to Thai law, we would both have to go together to
either one of the Thai embassy here in the U.S. or to one of the District Registrars in Thailand to get a divorce since I had married her in Thailand. Well, her 2 years of conditional residence was up in Feb 2006 and she had went to Thailand in October of 2006. When she came back, she had said that she had divorced me in Thailand. I don't know if that is possible without my being there to sign the divorce papers. I also think that she lied about getting a divorce because she wants to obtain citizenship through marriage (which requires only 3 years instead of 5).

She just refuses to answer any of my questions or cooperate with me. Also, one of the things bugging me is how she had removed the conditions because we had never lived together at all (even after the marriage). What I can come up with is that she either obtain the removals through divorce or she had fraudulently used my information on the application. I had spoken to an INS officer and they would not tell me anything after I explained what was going on.

What can I do to obtain any information from the INS? What do I need to do? I was advised by the INS Officer that I would need an immigration lawyer regarding my situation. Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just let her get her damn citizenship if she wants it. Considering that you just forgot about her and moved onto another woman (despite being married) when she didn't get her visa promptly, I hardly think you're in a position to feel hard done by here.

In Thai Law, if either one of you can prove that you or her having an affair with other person then divorce can be possible for her to do with out your permission. On the top of my head, I'm a Thai married with USC in here but after we got the government document we also sent it back to Thailand to change my status there. I think that you can use US law to divorce her and it will also have the effect in Thai law as well but I think you need to talk to a lawer for more information don't trust all my words.

Wish everythings work out for you.

since it took her three years to get her immigrant visa after her marriage, her GC must have been unconditional, so she never had to file to remove the conditions.