• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Called KCC - Threads Merged

Hahaha you guys are funny, we who got not selected messages, we are not selected! it is finished! Try DV lottery 2017 and keep calm!:p:D:D

I agree @MorningmyGC@7. The people you speak to at KCC are at the end of the line, so to speak, in that they deliver information regarding what is in front of them / what they say. They aren't programmers who can troubleshoot your problem over the phone.
I remember in 2012, the statement came on 13th May. Even after that, till about Late May 2012, some KCC ladies answered the same way both on phone and e-mail.I guess they hadn't been updated or they may have been just ignorant of the whole issue.

If you have a look at @Britsimon's website, he's tried with a few cases from both sides - 'not selected' and 'timeout'. You might want to take some time to go and read his post before making fun of those who are speculating.

Why would they say winners have confirmed if none have, though? It seems logical to me that some people know they have won, and others who have won don't know it yet, but "not selected" means just that.

Why would they say winners have confirmed if none have, though? It seems logical to me that some people know they have won, and others who have won don't know it yet, but "not selected" means just that.
Like Simon said, when you enter the confirmation number, there may be a notification at their end that the winner has seen that they have won. Besides, remember that sending the DS260 is the first step to literally confirm that the winners know they have won, and are proceeding with the process.Its too early to have submitted all that by now. so KCC may be missing something at their end.

I cant recall from my DV14 win- is there some extra active step you take once to read the "You are selected" page to confirm the win? If not, their systems may be showing that winners have logged in and checked their result but they may not realize that they cant see the result. I don't think KCC or travel.gov understand the issue. If thousands have confirmed their win, then where are they? All hiding in a cave somewhere?

I cant recall from my DV14 win- is there some extra active step you take once to read the "You are selected" page to confirm the win? If not, their systems may be showing that winners have logged in and checked their result but they may not realize that they cant see the result. I don't think KCC or travel.gov understand the issue. If thousands have confirmed their win, then where are they? All hiding in a cave somewhere?
Yes.the next step is DS 260. Thats the form you fill in and send to KCC so they start processing your winning case. However, its too early for thousands of people to have even sent that in yet. Remember not all people have easy access to internet all over the world. KCC/Travel.gov may surely be missing something from their end.

No, there isn't. If you are selected, you get the First Notification Letter on your screen (1NL). That is the only confirmation you get. The only time that information changes is when you go current and are called for interview, at which point the letter changes from 'you have been selected' to details about your interview.

I agree that KCC don't understand the issue. Their database is fine. It's the script pulling out the data that appears faulty.

hi everyone, whats the latest? i have a huge problem here, was wondering if anyone else has it...got some confirmation numbers to check, but system keeps saying info incorrect:(

Hello everyone

I dont think it is a good news for you, but my friend from the internet told me that he called Kentucky Center about DV lottery 2016, and they told him that everything is okay and there is no problem. and there are winners all over the world!!

I really did not believed in him, I dont have a problem to be everything okay and there are winners, so it seems not normal to bee too rare to hear someone won, and it is more complicated to know that a lot of these winners are liars and they used false forme to prove they won ...

so let me know if there is anything new, please
and I hope if someone can contact the Kentuckey Center to check if everything is okay or not, because it is too woreid to dont hear any update from them...

It is normal to be surprised of the results of this 2016 lottery. Not because I have no selectes, but bcoz I have not seen in any forum a single person who has been selected. I lived in the USA where I came in 2007 with DV 2004. Each year I submit application for family and friends with some success. Remember that in May 2012, we got announcement from us government about a computer issue that occurred during that year selection and the selection was void and the selection was retaken.
Even though the headquarter of DV is at Kentucky, the process is conducted by a contractor. It is possible that there a problem as it had happened in 2012. Be patient and wait some weeks or months to see what happens. Of course take it easy is you are not selected. Be prepare for 2017

Just a reminder that every year people start sending kcc email queries as soon as they've won. They need to have their case numbers in those. Maybe that's what they meant.

hi everyone, whats the latest? i have a huge problem here, was wondering if anyone else has it...got some confirmation numbers to check, but system keeps saying info incorrect:(
Check the confirmation number, be sure to distinct the letter "o" and the number zero. Also make sure you are putting the exact characters

i did everything:( even change letter O for zero and vice versa, still nothing
What is your location? In some third countries, network is very busy during the day. You can wait late tonight and try again or if you don't mind, I can give me off this site via email the confirmations number and I do it for you. I've check 33 entries without problem.

i did everything:( even change letter O for zero and vice versa, still nothing

Some people stated that sometimes the last name registered for the application is somehow mixed up with the first name. They suggested to try the first name or both last and first name in the name field instead. See if that works for you.

Some people stated that sometimes the last name registered for the application is somehow mixed up with the first name. They suggested to try the first name or both last and first name in the name field instead. See if that works for you.
i've tried all, still nothing