Call from USCIS HQ

cafeconleche

Registered Users (C)
I got a call from HQ today. Since I wrote to the ombudsman a couple of weeks ago, they referred my inquiry to USCIS HQ. The lady on the phone said that she had called Garden City and was told that they still had to review my case. If I didn't hear anything in 30 days, she said I could call her, and gave me her direct number. I didn't mention that I'd filed a lawsuit. So, not very fruitful.

It doesn't change the outcome you are looking for, and it they still have to review your case, the lawsuit will ensure that your case is quickly reviewed by the court.

That's what I was thinking. I also expressed to her that the IO was really vague about the additional documents she "sort of" wanted, and that she didn't really specify what they were, and there was no official RFE for them. The lady on the phone said that the review of the additional documents necessitated a longer review period, but I didn't say that 120 days seemed like more than enough time. It was very clear that I wasn't happy, though, so I'm glad this lawsuit is going through.

One thing I wonder is what I will say if CIS or the US attorney says that CIS did give me an indication that they are working on the case. Should I say that they really didn't give me specifics and that they didn't say they will do something by a certain date?

One thing I wonder is what I will say if CIS or the US attorney says that CIS did give me an indication that they are working on the case.

That's irrelevant since USCIS already surpassed the 120 day limit.

The woman over the phone was just following her procedure. All she could do is contact Garden City about the case. It would take action from a supervisor or higher at Garden City to get any useful update. Anyways, no need to worry now since you have the legal ball rolling.

Yeah, she said she was a special customer service center team member or something. But, the ball has definitely begun its journey. I will call the court clerk tomorrow to see if he has the case.