California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Does anyone know if SESA is allowed to release information directly to applicant, or they only deal with HR or Attorney? Do they have to contact company before approving a case, or only when they see a red flag? Thanks.

Still waiting…

Hong

Spreadsheet

Here is my name updated in the spread sheet.
How come i see very few people in the 02 year versus the 01 year.

Good luck everyone

Hong S..
I tried contacting EDD couple of time regarding my case & they asked either my attorney or employer should contact for this purpose.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess SESA changed their policy recently and now they don't release any info to individuals any more. Will have to wait for the HR rep or attorney to get back to me - that is going to take a while (what a surprise!).

In the mean time, anyone else??? Am I the only one that submitted LC application last May? Please update your status if you already know. Thanks.

Hong

Guess what? SESA is requesting another ad. Attorney/HR wanted to fight back without running another one…Don’t feel good about their approach, so will see…

Again, anyone else? Any approvals recently? Any successful stories after receiving requests from SESA? Guess lots of people are silently monitoring this topic without the willingness to participate, but please know that any input is appreciated and may be helpful to others.

Good luck to everyone.

Hong

SESA today..

RIR : MAY 13 2002
Non RIR : No Change APR 25 2001

Hong S..
It may be a good idea to just run an ad..

Originally posted by Hong S
Guess what? SESA is requesting another ad. Attorney/HR wanted to fight back without running another one…Don’t feel good about their approach, so will see…

Again, anyone else? Any approvals recently? Any successful stories after receiving requests from SESA? Guess lots of people are silently monitoring this topic without the willingness to participate, but please know that any input is appreciated and may be helpful to others.

Good luck to everyone.

Hong
SESA wont give the info to individuals directly. It only will tell you the current processing dates. Based on my personal experience, Once my State was over, I called them up and they said that something wrong with my app and asked my attorney to contact them ASAP. and we found out that they placed my case file in NON-RIR and they immediately arroved and send to DOL. So, its always better to have our attorney check on our case if our PD is over and our case is not approved yet..
Some times you never know how these crazy ppl works.
At my federal stage, they send me an RFE asking for another AD, we ran the ad and 1 week before we send the results, I am surprised to see that my case is approved by their AVM. We send the RFE response anyway and they called us and asked us why we send the RFE response for an approved case.........Just some crazy example of this DOL....
So, be patient guys, and every Alien has his/her day....:cool:

Strongly recommended running another ad, but HR/Lawyer won't listen (they are on the same team unfortunately). The whole thing sucks...will post an update in a couple months.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

To Hong

Just hang in there.....like KingNo1 said....nothing can be a surprise from Labor/INS guys.

Things will turn out OK and sincere wishes for that.

My PD is in August 2002-so cant share much info with you at this time. I have one question though for you - are you an IT person or non-IT ? was the ad anything to do with the economy ?

let me know if you have time,

thanks
buckleup1

hello

Just wanted to keep thread at the top of things !

Guys, any SESA approvals recently-please post-your help is much appreciated.

gp111, special thanks to you for checking status and posting it.

buckleup1

RFI from SESA

Hi All -

My colleague got an RFI from SESA which says, Masters or BS+5 yrs exp is not required for his Analyst position. SESA gave 4 options to respond, 2 of which can be ignored. Other 2 options are either to 1. reduce the requirements for the position(&rescan all the resumes got for RIR ads) or 2. provide business justification to prove they need what ad is asking for.

Did anyone got similar kind of RFI? What was the response? What does SESA likes to see?

Thanks in advance for sharing the info.

Verypatient -

Thanks very much. I think the link is a pretty good match.

We had a meeting with the attorney and they recommend reducing the requirement instead of complicating with the justification. They said, SWA have a outdated job code,req details and its very difficult to justfy the exp. So, we are reducing it to the min required. We checked up with couple other people, they also suggested to just reduce the req. Thanks again for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.