California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted on other site, that his PD was 02/02/2004 and he was informed his case had been transmiited to SF DOL on 10/27/2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any information?

What is happening to the cases which were remanded from DOL to SWA (with employer's choice)? Any update on that?
Thanks.

Case status wont change Until March 2005

I called 916 653 5100 and the automated message said,

RIR Current Date: Feb 3, 2003
Non-RIR Current Date : Apr 27, 2001

But shockingly, the message said " You status would NOT change between now and March 31, 2005"...

Why ??? Even with BEC etc. Why are they stopping the processing for 5 months. I have written to flcoweb@edd.ca.gov also.

RIR is Feb 3, 2004, not 2003

I called the number you listed above few minutes ago. The RIR Current Date is Feb 3, 2004, not 2003. I also heard "you status would not change between now and March 31, 2005".

I am in Non-RIR, filed Jan 2004. Can I ask my company to file a new application in RIR for me? Maybe I should ask HR instead of asking here, but anyway, what do you guys think?

Thanks,
-- lken

popoye said:

But shockingly, the message said " You status would NOT change between now and March 31, 2005"...

Why ??? Even with BEC etc. Why are they stopping the processing for 5 months. I have written to flcoweb@edd.ca.gov also.
:p :p

popoye said:

Shockingly! Yes, it is.
Also unreasonable.
"Someone's case" (PD is 02/02/2004) was transmitted to SF DOL on 10/27/2004.
Also they say SF DOL pushed all the cases after May 2003 which they had been holing into BEC.
So "someone's case" may queue up for final decision in BEC.

My PD is Feburary 5, 2004, and my case will sleep in local office more (totally 5 months). This is NOT reasonable and NOT fair.

We'd better wait for next announcement.

My Labor has been transfered to DOL on 11/24/04.

Labor filed: 12/11/03.
Assessmen Notice received: 09/28/04.
Response sent to EDD: 10/18/04.
Transffered to DOL: 11/24/04.
Notice of Transfer to DOL received: 12/06/04.

I'm not sure what this means. Where is my application right now: DOL / BEC ????

new RIR case in california swa

Hi, my RIR case was sent to calinfornia swa on 11/11/2004 and it has been
almost one month, while we still haven't got any response from SWA. I'm don't know what is happening in SWA about such cases, just curious if anyone else here is in the same boat as me. :confused:

CA SWA is closing on March 31, 2005

I got an email reply from SWA today.

--------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 4:04 PM
Subject: RE: QUESTION

We have downsized to only a few staff in preparation for our office closing on March 31, 2005. We do not have the resources to process cases. The few staff left here wil be devoted to transferring cases to the DOL centers for processing between now and March 31, 2005. We will provide a schedule for transferring cases when the information becomes available. I expect it will be available within the next week. Your case will remain in intake status until it is transferred.

-----Original Message-----
Subject: QUESTION
Importance: High

Dear Foreign Labor Certification Officer,

My Case Number is xxxxxxx and priority date is 3/1/2004.
I called the EDD office to check current priority date, but heard an
automated message "Your status would NOT change between now and March 31, 2005"

What is going on?
Why did the EDD stop all processing of the foreign labor certification?
Please let me know when my case will be reviewed.

Best Regards,
XXXXXXX

gp111 said:
Check this latest memo..

http://shusterman.com/pdf/dol120304.pdf

It says all unopened California SESA Cases will be shipped out to Philly BEC by Mar-2005

What is your feeling when the SWA cases will then be reviewed at the BEC ? My PD is 04/14/04

TIA

P.S. Why do you think they will ship it to Philly. The memo says Dallas ?

gandolf said:
gp111,
Thanks for the link.
But according to list of SWA for corresponding BPC, CA cases should go to Dallas center.

Guys.. Sorry for the TYPO... Its DALLAS BEC

RIR to NON-RIR.

What is happening to the cases which were remanded from DOL to SWA (with employer's choice)? Any update on that?
Thanks.

RIR ---> Non RIR

I called up the CA SWA and spoke to a lady and she said ALL of the cases that are pending in CA SWA will be transferred to Dallas BEC. And the CA SWA will closed permanently by MAR 31 2005. First batch approx 25000 applications will be transferred by DEC 31 2004 and the rest by MAR 31 2005. She also mentioned that this was being planned for the last few years and that it finally did happen.

My case PD 8/2001 was remanded back to state 7/1/2002 and since then I haven't got any updates. So GL to you all. I dont think Dallas BEC is not going to do any different than what it used to be in CA. No hopes AT ALL.

New Back log centers

Hi Experts,
Is any body know what is Back log reduction center process time.
I have applied my ALIEN EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATION on 03/19/03 In General pool.
Thanks,
Ravi

PERM in sight!

Late Breaking News from immigration-law.com

The White House announced in the dawn today that it cleared the long-awaited PERM final regulation of the U.S. Department of Labor. The exact date of release of this regulation in the federal register is unknown and left to the DOL, but it may not take too long to release this regulation. The Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, DOL, previously stated that once the regualtion was published, it would have 60-day window period of time before the PERM program would be actually launched. Now, PERM is reality and no longer the subject of speculation.
The current labor certification system of RIR, Limited Review, and Regular labor certification applications will soon disappear and be discontinued. The National Processing Centers in Chicago and Atlanta will go into full operation of the new labor certification applications named PERM as soon as the 60-day window is opened. For the development of this news, please stay tuned to this website.

It would be interesting to see how this evolves as the progress of BRC and the whole visa numbers fiasco are nothing but confusing and frustrating. I would be eager to know how it will be implemented and if/how existing applications would be allowed to convert, but unfairness is nothing new to this community either, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.