California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
tsr73,

I don't know how well this information is updated, but you can make a good estimate using your salary, time frame and occupation code and region. Then using the case number column, you can get the case number. Your case is more that six months old so the information should be there.

Once you have figured your case number out, you can use the AVM, for which steps should be in the SFO DOL thread.

I don't know how it works with you, but, I have know companies to use one person's LC and apply to other people. Currently California is processing Feb '03, so you have sometime to go.

You should be on top of things because as soon as your labor is approved you want to apply for I-140 and I-485 for which you need to get some set of documents ready and the labor gets applied to you, before some executive finds out and has time to make use of it for their favorites.

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

Good Luck.

Now or Never ??

hi All,

First time user, great forum!

I'm located in So Cal. My LC was remanded to SESA (SWA) with PD of 7/2001. If I've an option of moving to a different company, which will file a new LC for me -- which application has a better chance of passing ? Is the remanded application completely dead ? OR can PERM or other regulations ever give a "Lift" to an application which is already three yrs old. My 6 years expire in April 2006.

-- Thanks

gc_help04 said:
hi All,

First time user, great forum!

I'm located in So Cal. My LC was remanded to SESA (SWA) with PD of 7/2001. If I've an option of moving to a different company, which will file a new LC for me -- which application has a better chance of passing ? Is the remanded application completely dead ? OR can PERM or other regulations ever give a "Lift" to an application which is already three yrs old. My 6 years expire in April 2006.

-- Thanks

When you move to a new company, You would want to go RIR (technically you have BS+3years) and have new salary more than or equal to the dot code. XXX.XXX.XXX. The salary really dictates to your lawyer what category you get into. I had MS+4years, My lawyer filed BS+1year because of my Salary. Next you need to consider is did they have significant layoffs in last 12 months. If they had layoffs, then the labor dept can ask, what's so special about you or something. Also, when going RIR, is the new company not going to go chicken and stand up to labor departments requirements to advertise. If they have advertised already for you job, then it is to your advantage, because you don't need to make this effort. Most companies and HR don't want to hassel with advertising and interviewing, unless you have good value to them.

When the company has not had any recruitment effort in the last six months, you need to show an effort of six months. That means that your case would start after six months. Also a word on the ads process, Try to put ads as mininumal requirements as possiblily can depending on your position, (which is dictated by salary). Try not to put salary (my friends case came back with RFE, because the salary during the ads is not upto market conditions now). Best is to get a good lawyer.

I think you should be good, if you go in now (6months ads+1year lc). But you should be in a strong position and the company should be strong. Other best option is to move to a fast moving labor state and file for Canadian Greencard. Good Luck :) These are my views, you should consult a lawyer before making any move

buddha2004 gave very good comments. One thing I'd like to add on. You can make an ad for just one time, on national news sources, just as EE Times. This will speed up your ad time from 6 months to one month. It depends on your job requirement. If your job requres some specific skills such as in some specific project computer coding or hardware design skill...
Discuss with your lawer and get his opinion on this. His experience on this is very important.

Also, Canadian greencard is truely easy to get for people who has working experience in US. But nobody knows what if one or two years later. So better do it now just for safe reason.

Thanks buddha2004 and GBLM.

I'll keep the thread posted with the future events in my GC story. Unfortunately the new company does not guarantee RIR application. I really like my PD of 7/2001. But PERM or Backlog Reduction Centers have to come to my rescue, otherwise I'm in a deep Black Hole.

GBLM said:
buddha2004 gave very good comments. One thing I'd like to add on. You can make an ad for just one time, on national news sources, just as EE Times. This will speed up your ad time from 6 months to one month. It depends on your job requirement. If your job requres some specific skills such as in some specific project computer coding or hardware design skill...
Discuss with your lawer and get his opinion on this. His experience on this is very important.

Also, Canadian greencard is truely easy to get for people who has working experience in US. But nobody knows what if one or two years later. So better do it now just for safe reason.

Vermont Labour Vs Bay area Job

Guys,
I have been a silent observer of this forum and i really appreciate the help/consolation people get through this. Its just amazing.

I work for a big bay area software company(my bad luck) who has had layoffs in the past and recently also. My LC was filed in Aug'01 and was subsequently remanded back to state(from DOL) by Mar'03. It was not autoremanded.(according to my lawyer). I have been talking to lawyer and SWA and what i am hearing is frusturates me. It seems that my LC will be cleared(if at all not denied) in another 6-7 years. My 6 year limit in H-1 is getting expired by Jan'2005.

I have planned to try labour in a different state and a friend of mine says he could file for labour in vermont.(for future employement)

Questions?
a). How long does it take to clear the labour in vermont. I have 10 years experience as of now with BSc degree and post graduate computer diplomas. Do you think i can fit in RIR category?

b). If i understand it correctly, once the labour is cleared i have to join the employer? Leaving my current job is also kind of risky since this is kind of a high paying job and i have a family to support, (I have survived 6 layoffs so far in four years, not sure if another one will spare me) but i am willing to take risks.
Is there a way where you could join the employer at the final stages of GC processing(let us say when only 3-4 months left before you get your final approval).

c). I do not know this employer but my friend does. What are the parameters to look for/consider before starting GC through him.

Thanks for your time in reading through this and appreciate your answers.
-bayareabc

Is CA-SESA Automated Phone Status System Working??

I tried calling CA-EDD after 5.00 pm for the past few days and it doesnt say the current processing date. It used to do before. any thoughts.., or what is the current RIR processing date.

On Tuesday the processing date was 7/15/2003 when I spoke to the lady.You may try calling during day and they shall inform you the latest updates.

Number is changed. If you call to old number, voice record will give the new number

sandeep0902 said:
On Tuesday the processing date was 7/15/2003 when I spoke to the lady.You may try calling during day and they shall inform you the latest updates.

LC remanded to SWA(CA)

After long wait now my lawyer says my LC has been Remanded to SWA (CA).
(moved from RIR to Non-RIR).

Does non RIR queue move at all ? Are there any site where I can look
at the history ? What are the other options I have right now for a
faster processing ?

California EDD processing times

Does anyone have any info on the latest processing dates for the Cal. State level processing for Labor Cert?I called the 916 464 3400 and it seems to be out of order...Thanks!

RIR - 08/01/2003
sandeep0902 said:
Does anyone have any info on the latest processing dates for the Cal. State level processing for Labor Cert?I called the 916 464 3400 and it seems to be out of order...Thanks!

Number is changed to 916 653 5100. But, this is also not working. No Idea, what is happening these days!!!!

--raj

sandeep0902 said:

Called DOL on new number

My case :
PD : 7/25/2001
Went to region : 4/29/2002
RIR denied, was given three options from DOL
Our company and lawyer and company decided to move back from RIR to non-RIR
Remanded to state on :5/15/2003
DOT Code : 999.151-051 ( Computer Systems Analysts)

Called Sacromento ( on new number - 916-653-5100 ) two days back and was told that my application is in non-RIR que and would be processed as per non-RIR que with PD of 07/25/2001. She also told be that as of current work load, this might take 4-5 years to touch my application.

What was the reason given for denying the RIR??

ediman said:
My case :

Called Sacromento ( on new number - 916-653-5100 ) two days back and was told that my application is in non-RIR que and would be processed as per non-RIR que with PD of 07/25/2001. She also told be that as of current work load, this might take 4-5 years to touch my application.

ediman said:
My case :

Damn.. I'm also in the same boat. 5 years to touch the application..
Are you guys considering any other options ?

market conditions. Though my company did not have lay-offs and consistently hiring for last 4 years.

Ediman-Did your company rep and lawyer put up a fight to know why was the application moved to non-RIR?It sounds sad to know that EDD is moving applications at their own whim...

Status
Not open for further replies.