California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: regarding company changing

>
during the lca or at any point of time you can change the company but what would happen is , the green card processing will come to status zero, cos company A cant process a gc for you when you actually work for company B. >

Not strictly true - keep in mind, GC is for future employment intent, not current. You don't have to be working for Co A for them to process your immigration, they have to declare that they intend to employ you upon your 485 approval. Also, as you say later in your post, the labor cert is for the position, not an individual (this is how you can get away by using substitute labor certs). However for a process starting from scratch, in reality, a good immigration lawyer will write up the job description and requirements based on the beneficiary's resume on the 750A, to avoid RFEs in later stages.

Reality being what it is, off course, trying to find a company who is going to process a immigration petition that takes 3-4 years for you when you're not actually working for them, is almost impossible (unless it belongs to a friend!). :D

In Meera's current scenario (without going into using subs labor, issues with H1 extension, etc), she could change employers after her 140 is approved and it's been more than 180 days since her 485 has been filed. There's a ton of posts/good info under the 485 forums - do a search for 'AC21'. However, that's a long ways yet, so hang in there Meera - hopefully you don't seriously intend to change your employers anytime in the next few years.

Welcome to the joys of Employment Based immigration :p

K

thanks philly

this is being a good discussion forum , for me to know about rules of immigration. Its great to know about these issues.

thanks

No problem - don't mention it. I'm sure I will someday have a question that you guys will be able to answer

as you sow, so shall you reap.

Cheers,

K

Originally posted by OneMoreIndian
Processing Date Update
Non-RIR: 04/26/2001
RIR: 01/08/2003

Date Checked 11/26/03

Attached is some some sense I made out of these dates.

Where you got these, where we can check the timings.

thanks!!!!

rnarsina,

Here is the number of SESA. Call after 5PM PST you will get status on their ansering machine.

916-464-3400

Ways to get the EDD processing dates

Call that numbe during non-business hours and you will be routed to the automatic message system., which will tell u about the RIR and Non-RIR processing dates.

So call before 8am or after 5pm (I guess) during non-holidays and any time during holidays, u will hear the message (kind of seems to be static. to me). The new dates will be updated usually at the end of the last working day of the week.

Hope it helps.,

Re: Ways to get the EDD processing dates

Originally posted by OneMoreIndian
Call that numbe during non-business hours and you will be routed to the automatic message system., which will tell u about the RIR and Non-RIR processing dates.

So call before 8am or after 5pm (I guess) during non-holidays and any time during holidays, u will hear the message (kind of seems to be static. to me). The new dates will be updated usually at the end of the last working day of the week.

Hope it helps.,

Thank you for detailed description.

Application Tranmitted to SF DOL

Hi guys,

My appication got trasmitted to DOL, Got a trasmittal notice last week. Here are the details:

RIR, PD 11/25/02, Assessment notice received from SESA on 10/21/03 regarding low salary, 10 days ad on employers notice board etc.

Replied to Assessment notice 11/20/03

Transfered to DOL on 11/26/03

Good luck guys, see you in DOL thread.

Re: Application Tranmitted to SF DOL

Originally posted by satya_gc
Hi guys,

My appication got trasmitted to DOL, Got a trasmittal notice last week. Here are the details:

RIR, PD 11/25/02, Assessment notice received from SESA on 10/21/03 regarding low salary, 10 days ad on employers notice board etc.

Replied to Assessment notice 11/20/03

Transfered to DOL on 11/26/03

Good luck guys, see you in DOL thread.

Good luck to you!!! I need to know, to which cut of date is taken by DOL , ie., transferred date to DOL ON 11/26/03 OR 11/25/02, for us to track the processing dates.

thanks

Sathya, can u share info the ad

Hi Sathya;

Congratulations on your LC progress.

Can u please share more info regarding you ad, like BS/MS, years of exp. and software/hardware etc.,

Also you had mentioned responding to the notice from DOL. It would be a lot of help if you could share these information with us.

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply guys.

I didn't get a chance to check the posts lately.

Meera maria,
My priority date (application received date for SESA) was 11/25/02, SESA process applications based on PD only. My application was verified on 10/20/03 or so. That means on 10/20/03 they were processing 11/25/02 PD applications.

Once you receive/reply any Assessment notice that will not be considered for waiting. They will respond to our reply immediately (for which they did on 11/25/03 for my application). Hope this clarify your question.

OneMoreIndian,
My job requirement is BS & 5+ years experience, My company advertised in the same way. It is a software position (Programmer Analyst).

My Lawyer didn't provide me full info on assessment notice (almost all lawyers do that) but during conversation with him I came to know that SESA mentioned that our salary is less that the SESA level (the difference was very little approx dollar per hour). For this they mention in the reply that they are going to increase that (but not really). Seems SESA also asked employer to place Ad in their notice board for 10 days. Employer did that and replied to SESA. Hope this info helps you.

CA - EDD - Dates???

Guys any updates or info on the EDD dates., its been stagnant since the thanksgivings weekend.

Sathya, thanks for the info. Good luck on your LC with DOL.

Also, any news about back log reduction centers???

God., please show mercy on CA'ian LC applicants.

I have some suggestions to tackle the situation.
May we should do some mass-online-prayers
Or may be do an on-line petition to Mr/Mrs God in heaven.

Guys sorry for the babble. Hope you all can understand my frussssstratttttttttttionnnssssssss.

When I called up SESA on 12/7/03 for the current processing date, it tells me the same Jan 8th 2003. Its still the same.

I think, it takes minimum 2 yrs to clear the labor certification both for state and federal.

Believing everything will be ok for the future....??????

:confused:

time

Once the priority date is reached, how long does SESA take to get back to the lawyer regarding the approval, or denial or RFE of the cases??

any comments??.

Status
Not open for further replies.