California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwded to DOL

SWA sent an assesment notice for my case on 9/29, which my lawyer replied to on 10/23. (Don't know what my company and lawyers put in the response).

Came to know that my app was forwarded to DOL on 10/30

This has been a great forum to share information. Hope everyone overcomes this 1st step soon.

See you in the DOL thread.

Thanks a lot to all.
Good Luck!

Labor for BS+0 Years Exp.

My labor ad asks for B.S + 0 exp. What are the chances of approval/rejection of LC or GC process down the line.

Please share your experience.

Thanks to all of you for the contributions to this forum.

Regards&Thanks
:confused:

SESA processing date update

They update the voice mail today.
Non-RIR: 04/26/2001
RIR: 12/23/2002

Re: Processing Date Update

Originally posted by gcwww
RIR: 12/30/2002

GCWWW, is this processing date for california (regional)? cuz that is not what I see on DOL's web site...Thanks in advance for your help!

Paper work not recvd.

Hi,

Is there anybody whose staus on AVM says "Certified" but not yet received papers from DOL?

Mine was certified on Nov 7th, but not yet received papers.

Is it normal?

Thanks
world

Congrats SESA RIR date inching to Jan, 2003

Processing Date Update
RIR: 01/07/2003

Processing Date Update
RIR: 01/08/2003

Date Checked 11/26/03

Attached is some some sense I made out of these dates.

how labor certification works? help me

hi,

Please can anyone let me know, what is SESA tracking and DOL processing? After browsing the forums, can u let me know, what is PD date and receipt date? I have applied for my labor clearance, and i got a case number and the date. Should i take that date of receipt?

Pl. help me to understand ,what really is going on!!!!!!

thanks

diff between sesa and dol

hi meera,

SESA is the first step in labor certification approval and is also the first step in gc processing, SESa (state employment security agency) is labor certification at the state level. Firstly you should pass thru this and get cleared to go the second level which is the Federal or DOL level.

DOL is the final place where you get the labor certification approval . there are 4-5 stages in gc processing, and FED DOL is second. Third is 140, fourth is 485 and so on. But first you need to get the labor certification approval to file for I-140 and 485.

So, depending on the state you have filed in , you should look at SESA processing dates and see for yourself, where do you stand, for eg, if you have filed your labor in SESa in the state of california during the month of this nov 2003, currently they are processing the cases filed during the month of jan this year, so your approx wait is 7-8 months in sesa (first stage)

after you clear this, the application automatically goes to dol. The DOL processing date currently in california is aug 2002 for RIR. So, if someone clears sesa and goes to dol, their approx wait is more than one year,

********** very imp, the above dates are for RIR (reduction in recruitment) you need to know whether your labor cert. application was made under RIR catg or non-RIR category.

hope this helped you. send me private msgs if you need more help.

Got Approved

Hi,
Just to update, my case got approved from SESA last week.

PD : Nov-18-2002 (EB2/RIR)
SESA gave an inquiry in Oct-2003, lawyer replied accordingly in Nov-2003.

Goodluck to all ....See you in DOL forum.

To waitingforlca

Thanks for the reply:

I have applied my CA labor on Mar 25 03(this is the date, where i found on the receipt). AS per the processing date as of this month, it is jan 2003. Hope , i get cleared in SESA after 3 months.

Do you know, anything about PERM . Let me know about this .

thanks

what is EB2, EB3????

Hi all,

Need some help regarding the EB2, EB3,.... category in RIR .

I have applied in RIR for my CA labor clearance on March 25 2003. But i dont know, in what category, my lawyer has applied. Please help me to update myself in this question !!

I heard that, this EB2, EB3 category,comes into question, only when I am filing my I-140. Pl. advice me in this regard.

thanks

To meera

Hi Meera,

I am sure you will complete your SESA in less than 1 1/2 months of time, since they are processing pretty fast these days.

Regarding PERM - I guess as far as i have heard about it, it is more of disadvantage to us than being helpful to us.

EB2, EB3, as you said, we have to worry about it only in the 3rd and 4th stage, the second stage DOL is the death chamber, once you get the DOL labor certification, you are almost thru in getting your GC. So just dont worry about it right now.

Let me know if the above information helped you in anyway.

To waitingforlca,

Thanks for the information!!!

Your information was really helpful to me regarding EB2, EB3 category and SESA and DOL clearance.

Can I change my company from present A to B, before or after my DOL clearance? will my GC processing will continue? Can you just , let me know, the rules and laws regarding this.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
regarding company changing

hi meera,

during the lca or at any point of time you can change the company but what would happen is , the green card processing will come to status zero, cos company A cant process a gc for you when you actually work for company B.

But you can do that in only one situation, that is when you file your gc application (labor application) through the bodyshopper you work for , but you change the clients alone, but still remain the employee of that bodyshopping company.

so the gc processing belongs to that particular company and that lc application you made belongs to that particular position from whichever company you filed for.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.