California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOL Plan

Following is the link to the Tender kinda application by DOL to get the contractor assistance on reducing the backlog. Note this is not for PERM.

For this forum readers the interesting section would be the start of section C2.

Atleast some thing is happening !. Hope Hope Hope.

http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/rfp03-34.doc

Re: DOL Plan

Originally posted by Titan01
Following is the link to the Tender kinda application by DOL to get the contractor assistance on reducing the backlog. Note this is not for PERM.

For this forum readers the interesting section would be the start of section C2.

Atleast some thing is happening !. Hope Hope Hope.

http://wdsc.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/rfp03-34.doc

wonder how long they will take to implement this contracting work....

Footnote #2 in the previous link

It says:: "California will not be included in the operational plan for backlog reduction. "

What does this mean? Will the contractors not work on reducing the backlog in CA?

Looks like that way, but why CA is not included??? Do not know?? Is this becuase most of the cases come from CA realted to IT and IT is down at this time?Do not know!!!

SFO DOL processing RIR applications received in Nov. 02

Just now checked the status on the AVM and the recorded message said that they are processing applictions received in Nov. 2002.

999.151-051

It looks like they are by-passing this DOT code. I checked last Friday and they still had cases with this DOT code from Oct 21st pending.
Anybody got any data about recent approvals/remands for this code?
Thanks,
DOLkemaaki
999.151-051
RD 11/06/2002

Employer taxid

I called up the AVM to know the DOT code of my labor application. It asks for employer taxid. But my employer is not willing to share the taxid. How can I get the taxid? Is it written on my W2 or any other paperwork?
Kindly help.

Re: Employer taxid

GCPlan,

Yes, you can find your employer tax ID on your W2 form. I don't see any reason why your employer don't want to give you the tax id. Anyway, check your W2 form or you can use your company's main telephone number or your DOL case number to check the status. Try that.

Note: If you use your employer tax ID or tel phone number, it lists all the cases that were submitted thru your employer. Best thing would be to use your DOL case number to find out about your case status.

Hope this info helps you.
-WaitingInHell

Originally posted by GCPlan
I called up the AVM to know the DOT code of my labor application. It asks for employer taxid. But my employer is not willing to share the taxid. How can I get the taxid? Is it written on my W2 or any other paperwork?
Kindly help.

When you case get remanded to State for non-rir ( supervised processing) which kind of re-advertisment employer has to do?
Will that be one day add in national news paper and 10 days internal add?
And when we send all the replay to the DOL one more time will they work on my case on my previous data received by dol or new date received by dol?
Thanks for all the replay.

dhshah_us

As per my lawyer:

The employer will be doing the ad but supervised by SESA. Not sure abt the 1 day or 2 or 3 day.

DOL will be working on your case immediately (It will be placed on the already piled stack !). It will not go by the new receipt date.

My situation

My PD is 07/30/2002 RIR Calif.
Around Mid-June 2003 my employer and the attorney got a letter from EDD Sacramento saying the job requirements was restrictive.

My attorney provided reason of business neccessity and amended the salary listed and sent back a letter.

We got a letter back from EDD asking us to post up the internal notice again with the amended salary.
My employer did that and 3 days later wrote a letter saying there was no response to the job posting and sent it out to the attorney.

Now my attorney's paralegal is on vacation and I dont know if she mailed out those letters to EDD before her vacation.
And there is no response to mails or voice mails from my attorney.
I dont know if there is any due date for sending out the letter.

I called up EDD and they are not giving out the details asking my attorney to call....
Any suggestions????

Titan01,

I am kind of confused with your reply. Please
can you explain the following to me:

What happens when a case is remanded
to the state ?

I was assuming that any case remanded to the state will be worked on by the SESA guys only after they are through working on the 245i cases.

My case was filed with SESA sometime in 9/01
and got remanded in 7/03. Would the SESA folks be working on my case even before they are done with the 245i backlog ????

Thanks.

Re: Re: Employer taxid

Originally posted by WaitingInHell
GCPlan,

Yes, you can find your employer tax ID on your W2 form. I don't see any reason why your employer don't want to give you the tax id. Anyway, check your W2 form or you can use your company's main telephone number or your DOL case number to check the status. Try that.

Note: If you use your employer tax ID or tel phone number, it lists all the cases that were submitted thru your employer. Best thing would be to use your DOL case number to find out about your case status.

Hope this info helps you.
-WaitingInHell

Thanks a lot for your information, friend. I tried entering the number on my W2 but the AVM says, "That tax id could not be located". I also gave phone number instead of tax id, but same message.
After connecting to AVM, I selected option2 (for labor applications) and it asks for taxid. Is there any other option for phone number?
BTW, How long is the tax id, the number i am entering is 9 digit: 7605xxxxx.

I know for sure that there are 3-4 cases of my employer in the DOL. My case was sent to DOL by the SWA on July 28th. So at this point of time, I do not have the case number either. (That's what I want to know).

Re: Re: Re: Employer taxid

GCPlan,

I am not exactly sure how many digits a tax id will have (I am at work right now and don't have access to my W2). Try with a different tax id on the W2 form..if state and federal have different tax ids. You said your application went to DOL on Jul28th 2003, right? DOL just started processing Nov 2002 cases. So you have a long way to go. In any case if you are interested in your case status, ask your attorney for your DOL case number or try with a different company phone number(s).
Best of luck (that's what we all need now!)

-WaitingInHell

Thanks a lot for your information, friend. I tried entering the number on my W2 but the AVM says, "That tax id could not be located". I also gave phone number instead of tax id, but same message.
After connecting to AVM, I selected option2 (for labor applications) and it asks for taxid. Is there any other option for phone number?

I know for sure that there are 3-4 cases of my employer in the DOL. My case was sent to DOL by the SWA on July 28th. So at this point of time, I do not have the case number either. (That's what I want to know).

Re: Re: Re: Employer taxid

GCPlan

Did you try toy3kin's downloaded data? Check if your Company's name is on the list, and try to deduce your case number based on filing date etc.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Employer taxid

lac_001

How do I get there?
help please.

-WaitingInHell

Originally posted by lca_001
GCPlan

Did you try toy3kin's downloaded data? Check if your Company's name is on the list, and try to deduce your case number based on filing date etc.

cal97

No Iam not saying SESA will be working on those cases. SESA will have to work their way through in the order of Priority Date. But DOL will not have a wait time once SESA processes it and sends it to DOL.

Originally posted by cal97
Titan01,

I am kind of confused with your reply. Please
can you explain the following to me:

What happens when a case is remanded
to the state ?

I was assuming that any case remanded to the state will be worked on by the SESA guys only after they are through working on the 245i cases.

My case was filed with SESA sometime in 9/01
and got remanded in 7/03. Would the SESA folks be working on my case even before they are done with the 245i backlog ????

Thanks.

Re: Employer taxid

GCPlan and others,
I am in the same boat you are in. My case was forwarded from SESA but I did not get the DOL receipt letter. The forward date was June 20, 2003 and till now I didn't hear anything from DOL. I called the attorney and he stated that he has seen cases where the DOL would send a receipt letter after 3 months of the forward date?

Anyone here approved from EDD (SESA) on about end of June or July and got the DOL (Not the EDD) receipt letter?

Thanks

Runaway

Kindly help.

Titan01,

Are you sure about the fact that the RD is preserved at DOL? I am under the impression (from of what my lawyer said) that we lose DOL's RD but we get to keep SWA's PD. The remanded case will be treated as any other non-RIR case filed on the same date as our PD. So we will get a new RD at DOL whenever it gets forwarded there and it will be processed accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.