California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retest the market

Hello all,

There was a NOF against my case in May and we sent the retest results to DOL on June 9. I haven't heard anything regarding my case from DOL yet.

The surprising element is that 3 other cases from my company have been sent back to DOL with retest results on the same day and within a week all the cases have been certified. Nothing regarding my case though.

Is there a procedure to check what is happening with my case? Can I call DOL and if so at what number?

I really appreciate any assistance and thanks in advance,
masti

To kab_ayega_gc,

According to sel's

If it was consided why wont DOL conside the cases they already remanded when they started "mass remanded"? It supposed has some trace back date...

Aolye

Re: Lawyer response

Legally, you need to work in the state you are approved for AFTER receiving the green card. But companys doesn't usually favour employees that much. I am in a similar situation. I was transferred from NC to CA in 2001 and they said that we have to file a new labor for you which is still pending and should be remanded anytime now. I got my labor approved from NC in September 2001 (within a few months of moving to CA). Ever since, I tried to conveyence my employer several times on using it instead of waiting for the CA labor, still no luck.

logicators

Originally posted by Titan01
I got Remanded to state lately, when I talked to the lawyer they said after 3 yrs or so(Can you believe this) when EDD takes my case they will issue a 'Remand Recruitment Notice' with which the company will have to place a 3 day ad in local paper. After that if ok it goes to DOL and DOL takes action immediately (Does not go by the new RD). Like retaining the PD with EDD, looks like the RD will not be the new one !.

Also so many complications on the different State Labor concept even though my company has branches. Looks like I need to work in the state to get it Labor Certified. Situtation would have been different if it is a Consultancy company.

:(

Extension to H1

Aolye, I hope they will consider the already remanded ones if at all they do!

On a side note I have a different question :

As its well know now that if your labor is in process you get 1 year's extension after 6 years. What happens if the labor gets denied lets say 6 months into the extension period? Do you have to pack your bags and go immediately or you can stay for 6 more months?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Originally posted by aolye
To kab_ayega_gc,

According to sel's

If it was consided why wont DOL conside the cases they already remanded when they started "mass remanded"? It supposed has some trace back date...

Aolye

chaging company

guys

i recently got my labot approved after 3yrs of long waiting. can i switch to another company and use this labor cert in new company to file for 140 and 485?

thanks

Re: chaging company

I dont think you can change your company any time soon, you need to get into the 485 stage (which you can file concurrently with 140) for atleast 180 days and have the EAD with you before you can switch jobs - and when you do, you should be in a similar job title/responsibilities for which your current petition has been approved.

Originally posted by immportuser
guys

i recently got my labot approved after 3yrs of long waiting. can i switch to another company and use this labor cert in new company to file for 140 and 485?

thanks

Certified !!!

Just called AVM and heard the kind word "certified".
Hope this is not an AVM mistake...
So guys, there is hope, I expected my case to be remanded to state, and don't know why I got certified.
Some details:
PD: Oct 2002
DOT: 999.151-032
No RFE that I know of.
Small company, no layoffs, we actually hired few people.

Hope to see you soon in the next thread (I140)!
t3k

Re: Certified !!!

Originally posted by toy3kin192
So guys, there is hope, I expected my case to be remanded to state, and don't know why I got certified.
Some details:
No RFE that I know of.

t3k

t3K, this is very good news. Congratulations!!! I see this is the result of the AILA and DOL meeting. Hope this good sign continues.
can you tell us how much experience you had when you applied for GC? My PD is Dec2002. Had only 8 months of experience when I applied. So, want to check if experience counts!

Chat with SF DOL person

After this news, I spoke to an official in SFO DOL. I can not name
tthe official, but he told me that they are working on some
policy changes and hopefully something would be done about
the cases that got remanded. He did not disclose any policy
since they are still working on it and he did not give any
timeframe.

So, keep you hopes alive and be optimistic.

Originally posted by IDoWantGC
t3K, this is very good news. Congratulations!!! I see this is the result of the AILA and DOL meeting. Hope this good sign continues.
can you tell us how much experience you had when you applied for GC? My PD is Dec2002. Had only 8 months of experience when I applied. So, want to check if experience counts!

Re: Chat with SF DOL person

t3k,
Congratulations.
What is your receipt date at DOL?
I am just curious because mine is 10/07/2002.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re:

t3k,
Congratulations!
Could you still run your program to retrieve data for this month? At the same time, will anybody volunteer doing that from next month on?

Conratulations T3K, You have been of great help to all of us. Wish you good luck for I140 and 485.

Some details:
No RFE that I know of.

t3k

Re: Re:

The e-mail system seems to be have been taken off-line. Its not accepting mails for the past couple of weeks.

Originally posted by ycning
t3k,
Congratulations!
Could you still run your program to retrieve data for this month? At the same time, will anybody volunteer doing that from next month on?

Re: Chat with SF DOL person

Hi, This is great information. Does that mean that they have accepted at least some of the AILA's suggestion? Have they stopped the atuo-remand process?

Originally posted by gcwaitinfi
After this news, I spoke to an official in SFO DOL. I can not name
tthe official, but he told me that they are working on some
policy changes and hopefully something would be done about
the cases that got remanded. He did not disclose any policy
since they are still working on it and he did not give any
timeframe.

So, keep you hopes alive and be optimistic.

t3k, congrats!!!... could you please post some additional details? What was the job requirement? BS? MS? etc.

Thx,
Some details:
No RFE that I know of.

t3k

Congrats

Congrats T3K. This definitely is a good news to Bay area IT professionals.

Hope they really do some policy changes and make the remanded to state guys life less miserable.

The email system doesn't work any more, so I won't be able to generate another snapshot.
About the job requirement, I think it's BS + 5 years of experience.
Good luck to you all,
t3k

congrates to t3k

t3k
congratulations. You were helping all of us by providing data, and God rewarded you with LC :)

Some Questions:
where is your company located?
what size is that (number of employees)?
your area of expertise?

I think once email systems starts working someone of us has to run your program/script to get the data. please send us program/script on how to do that.

We wish you all the best.
DesiPardesi

Status
Not open for further replies.