California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Rejections after Replying NOF 3 options?

Hi All,

I just want to know if anyone who replied the 3 Letter NOF got
remanded to state or denied? and how long is it taking for DOL to make a decision on those cases.

Thanks

Life after remand

Since a lot of people are getting remanded to state, it might be worthwhile to start a new thread for such users. It will be nice to share all possible information, news and experiences on moving forward with non-RIR status.

checkout "mass appeal for LC RIR from California"

A letter from others with much depth is welcome.

DOL Tracker

Please continue to use the following site for tracking your labor applications with DOL:

http://www.amitgoel.com/doltracker

I also added a few more columns that should provide helpful information to others while they're tracking their cases, so please check them out.

AVM saying Certified

Hi All,

Just checked the AVM and it says the case certified, for those who interested in the info, here it is

SESA Date : 08-01-2001
SESA RFE : 05-10-2002 (Inquiry about experience requirement, replied and moved fwd within 1 week)

DOL AVM Recieved Date : 07-28-2002
DOL Letter RD : 08-14-2002

DOL NOF (3 letter Option) : 05-14-2003
Replied Response: 07-10-2003 (Attorney took forever)
AVM Playing message that it has been Certified.

Now i got to wait for the actual certified letter.

Thanks for all the people in this forum, this is the best resource out there for everyone waiting to be free.

I wish you all good luck

Originally posted by ss1123
Please post the essentials:

DOT code, etc

Sorry forgot the DOT Code

999-151-031 (EB3)
Company Size :250 (at the time of Filing, recently acquired by a very large corp) with No LayOffs

Hope this helps.

What is the job title

What is the job title?????????????????????????

Originally posted by 2hard2getGC
Sorry forgot the DOT Code

999-151-031 (EB3)
Company Size :250 (at the time of Filing, recently acquired by a very large corp) with No LayOffs

Hope this helps.

No Hope for LC through CA DOL after July 2002

Long time reader, first time post.

Here are the details of my plight.
EB2-RIR
PD: Oct 2001
DOL RD: Oct 2 2002
Dot : 999.151.051 (System Analyst)
Company: Big (> 9000), No Layoffs, Non IT related company.
Remanded to State on July 14/2003

Conclusion: CA DOL is definitely in a crash course to Remand cases. So another x amount of years in this Labor hell.
:mad:

Application v/s systems Engineer

Hi All,

If I am reading this list correctly, I see a trend wherein Application engineers seem to be getting more certifications than systems engineers. Has anybody elase seen this trend?? Any comments on why that is so??

Is it because of the telecom bust in the Bay area?? Systems software is such a wide area, but I fear that a blanket policy is being applied towards systems software engineers.

- lsk_gc

its because there is more demand for application then system software. if u go to dol site and looks for the jobs/needed people you will see application tops the list and then system software.

dhshah, could you please tell which site you are talking about, and how to reach the info page which you mentioned.

Thx,
Originally posted by dhshah_us
its because there is more demand for application then system software. if u go to dol site and looks for the jobs/needed people you will see application tops the list and then system software.

DO NOT GIVE UP DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would advise everybody to take a quick look at the DOL website...It is the best source of information...My understanding is that the officers get the info from there...
For example, the unemployment rate has gone down to aprox 3.3% in Orange County...So if I am an engineer working in this county, I can use these fresh stats to combat the DOL, I have a case then....This is just an example however you could do more research about your county and the job title and come up with a case....The officers at the DOL are human like us, they could make mistakes too...The job market could be still good for your specific skills...
Good Luck

Originally posted by Titan01
Long time reader, first time post.

Here are the details of my plight.
EB2-RIR
PD: Oct 2001
DOL RD: Oct 2 2002
Dot : 999.151.051 (System Analyst)
Company: Big (> 9000), No Layoffs, Non IT related company.
Remanded to State on July 14/2003

Conclusion: CA DOL is definitely in a crash course to Remand cases. So another x amount of years in this Labor hell.
:mad:

DOL Receipt date

Hello all,
How long does it take the DOL to send me my receipt letter after SESA forwarded my certification application to them?

When would receipt date be, the day DOL receives it or the day SESA sends it?

Thanks

Re: DOL Receipt date

Usually they receive it within days - the lawer gets the notification in about a month - so if you are seeing that SESA is processing past your priority date, it is more likely that your application has already reached the DOL.

I believe the receipt date is the day DOL receives it.

Originally posted by runaway73
Hello all,
How long does it take the DOL to send me my receipt letter after SESA forwarded my certification application to them?

When would receipt date be, the day DOL receives it or the day SESA sends it?

Thanks

Unemployment Rate

Lor, I checked the site for unemployment rate and it does look good for orange county. But still do I have a case or an appeal on this. Because I thought once you got remanded to state then there is no appeal concept !.

Is there any other alternative like applying for labor in other states because my company has branches all over US?. Is there a difference between registered and having branches?.

So many questions !. I need to talk to my HR and attorney in length on this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:confused:

Titan01

You can surely apply from other states it your company has branch in other states. No need of pulling back current application.

Status
Not open for further replies.