California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Thanks for the statistics. We still have some hope.
Would you please let us know the meaning of 'RECEIVED"

Re: Hi

"RECEIVED" means they are still sitting on your case. No decision yet.

Originally posted by sfodol
Thanks for the statistics. We still have some hope.
Would you please let us know the meaning of 'RECEIVED"

How long it can be in "Received"

Hi All,
Does anybody knows how long a case can be held by a DOL officer without making a decision?. There are so many cases still in "RECEIVED" status, mine is one of them. I hope the DOL makes a decision soon.

Thank you all and best of luck.

eb2august01.
DOT: 999.151-031
DOL RECEIVED DATE: 07/22/2002
:confused:

Call the AVM (or email - which is currently not working) and check your status, it will announce the DOT code and the status.

DOT Code/SOC code is the job category which SESA assigns based on your job description. Given a DOT/SOC code, you can find the description here http://www.bls.gov/oes/2001/oes_stru.htm

Originally posted by charlie2003
What is DOT number? I just got my case number. How to get a DOT number?

What is your status now?

Hi,
You should have known the status of your case by now according to the DOL receipt date.
What did the AVM say? Any update please!!
Thanks.:(

Can I file LC in Chicago, 140 in California

GP111 or anybody who can help,

My job is based at company's Chicago branch currently. Company's HQ is in California.

My labor was file in California 2.5 years ago when I was working at company's HQ in CA. It's still pending at DOL.
With the conern that my LC will be "auto-remanded", my company agreed to file LC from Chicago for me since I am currently working at Chicago office.

My questions are:
1. If I file my second LC from Chicago today but my LC gets approved by CA DOL first, would I be able to use my California LC to get I-140/485 although I no long work in CA anymore.
2. If my LC filed in Chicago gets approved first, would I be able to file I-140/485 either in Chicago or CA? In another word, what determines the I-140 filing location - Is it
A: Where your LC was approved?
B: Where your current job is at the time of applying I-140/485 which could be differenct than where you filed LC.
C: Your future job location after you get your green card.

Your help is appreciated.

Re: How long it can be in "Received"

I think it's 6 months. If the current processing date has passed your PD at DOL with 35 days, your attorney can inquire about the case.
hope this helps,
Ana

Originally posted by eb2august01
Hi All,
Does anybody knows how long a case can be held by a DOL officer without making a decision?. There are so many cases still in "RECEIVED" status, mine is one of them. I hope the DOL makes a decision soon.

eb2august01.

Hamilton

For your Info..

1) You can apply for LC in Chicago also. You can use the CA LC if it comes first & apply I-140/485 in California as your HQ is in California.

2) If your Chicago LC comes first, You will have to apply I-140/485 from Chicago. I-140 Filing depends on your future Job location (Means for the location you got your labor approved.)

Thanks

Re: How long it can be in "Received"

If the case would have been remanded, you must have heard by now as the current processing is definitely passed this date as I see from the postings. May this is a good sign for you. All the best!
Originally posted by eb2august01
Hi All,

eb2august01.

Question on LC and 140 filing location

GP111 or anybody who can help:

Quote:
"I-140 Filing depends on your future Job location (Means for the location you got your labor approved.)"

Do you mean the rule of thumb of where to file I-140 is:
It doesn’t matter which state you are working from at the time of applying for I-140/485, you can always file I-140/485 where your LC is approved. Is that right?

I-140/I-485 Can only be filed from the state / region where you got your Labor.. If you show that you have moved to another location you need to file a new LC in new State. As the GC is for future employment I-140 to be filed from the state where you got your LC . If you gonna be working in a different state after your GC, Use AC-21 (Portability) after 6 months of I-140 to inform change to INS.

Additional Filing Location Question

GP111,

Quote:
"If you gonna be working in a different state after your GC, Use AC-21 (Portability) after 6 months of I-140 to inform change to INS."

You mean
Once I have my LC approved in a state, then submitted I-140/485 in the same state, I have to work in this state until I get my GC? Or I can move to another state 6 months after I-140 submitted or approved?

Thanks for your help.

Reply from my lawyer

Hi, I asked my lawyer regarding the remanding for RIR case in SFDOL. Here is his reply. I know this is not good, but what can you do?
:mad:

----------------------------------------------------------
In my email update of a few weeks ago I discussed this exact situation. It is, in fact true, and devastating. Tens of thousands of cases in our Region alone are affected. The long term impact is unknown but cannot be good.

I (and others) continue to work on this issue through a committee to try to get Washington to "fix" this problem. We have a great lawsuit- but we would need a plaintiff company to bring that case and companies are usually not interested in suing the government on behalf of one of their foreign employees.

You and others are all in the same boat- one that has no oars, sails or a rudder at the moment.
------------------------------------------------------------

Its true. No company will sue the Govt to do a favour to an employee. At the same time I guess it is just impossible to do any thing once the case is 'REMANDED' to the state. One need to wait for years and years and no one knows that what is going to happen next year. This is truth and we need to swallow it bravely. No other go and don't feel depressed. World is so wide and we are qualified.
All the best.

guys, don't lose hope!

It's not just a question of doing a favor to employees. It's about AILA's ability to put an end to a governmental agency's contraversial conduct. There will be tens of thousands of exasperated clients and employees at the end of the remand spree and I am sure something will happen! It's the immigration lawyer community's livelihood after all:)

It is not okay for DOL to remand applicaitons to the State without giving an opportunity to prove that the applications were submitted in good faith.

Keep your spirits up, explore your options (faster states, other countries etc), but don't despair.

Just my two cents,
Ana

I totally agree with Ana. Something would happen.
Since lot of people are affected, I think
AILA is going to do something about it.

Cheer guys.

Originally posted by AnaLC
guys, don't lose hope!

It's not just a question of doing a favor to employees. It's about AILA's ability to put an end to a governmental agency's contraversial conduct. There will be tens of thousands of exasperated clients and employees at the end of the remand spree and I am sure something will happen! It's the immigration lawyer community's livelihood after all:)

It is not okay for DOL to remand applicaitons to the State without giving an opportunity to prove that the applications were submitted in good faith.

Keep your spirits up, explore your options (faster states, other countries etc), but don't despair.

Just my two cents,
Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.