California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question on RIR remanded to traditional labor

My labor filed under RIR was remanded to traditional labor certification. My lawyers told me that this seems to be the recent trend with the cases being processed by SF DOL.

My lawyers seemed to indicate the decision cannot be challenged or appealed and the only options I had were to go forward with the case "as is" or withdraw and refile under traditional.

Does anyone have any information to the contrary?

Thanks.

Re: Question on RIR remanded to traditional labor

ukridge_75,

It seems depending upon DOT code, the applications are outrightly remanded to state. That's why DOL is so fast now.

My attorney told me same things. This may stop if economy improves and there is a shortage of US workers.

Current non-RIR queue will take almost 4-5 years. In this case we have to extend H1-B on yearly basis untill .....

I heard with PERM there won't be any need of SWA(SESA). The applications will be processed within 20 days or so. However there is lot of homework before we can apply to PERM.

If you want fast answer "yes/no" and don't care about "no", PERM will be right answer. Otherwise extend H1B as long as you have job.

Originally posted by ukridge_75
My labor filed under RIR was remanded to traditional labor certification. My lawyers told me that this seems to be the recent trend with the cases being processed by SF DOL.

My lawyers seemed to indicate the decision cannot be challenged or appealed and the only options I had were to go forward with the case "as is" or withdraw and refile under traditional.

Does anyone have any information to the contrary?

Thanks.

Question for HappyBee

You mention current cases in remanded to regular queue will take 4-5 years. How did you estimate this or was this from your laywer? you are saying it would take SESA 4-5 yrs. to move few months (from Apr - Jul) for regular cases?

Also what happened to your case? was it remanded to state? what is your DOT code & if you do not mind what technologies are you working in?

Thanks for sharing information.

nkuser

Hello Happybee,

What is PERM? Is processing of labor certification
by department of home security called PERM?

thanks,
B. Bala

Bala.. dont' mind my asking, but who gave you idea that Homeland Security will process Labor ?? Labor Certification can only be done by Department of Labor.

PERM is a new process DOL is about to launch (for last one year they are telling that PERM is comming soon, how soon no body knows), You can search GOOGLE with PERM & will get lot of information about it or check immigration.com/murthy.com.. PERM will approve about 70% of applications quickly without going in to much details & much detailed checking of remaining 30%.. so overall process will be fast.

Re: Question for HappyBee

This is my lawyers guess. In between those few months about 40,000 applications were filed.

Yes. My case was remanded to state. DOTxxxxxxx-081

PERM is supposed to start in august 2003.

Originally posted by nkuser
You mention current cases in remanded to regular queue will take 4-5 years. How did you estimate this or was this from your laywer? you are saying it would take SESA 4-5 yrs. to move few months (from Apr - Jul) for regular cases?

Also what happened to your case? was it remanded to state? what is your DOT code & if you do not mind what technologies are you working in?

Thanks for sharing information.

nkuser

AVM says my case is certified on 13-JUNE-2003. I just called the law firm and they haven't received any correspondence from DOL yet. any ideas why that might be? Does DOL take sometime to notify lawfirm after the case is certified. I hope so..I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Remand to state question

Hello gurus,

We got a NOF and we replied with retest results. Still waiting on the decision (I hope it gets certified). However, I have a question. If it gets remanded to state (hope not), can I apply through the same company at different location immediately or do I have to wait for 6 months?

Please advice me appropriately.

Thanks,
masti:confused: :confused: :confused:

masti

Hi Masti,

I am in the same boat, just submitting the response for NOF and crossing my fingers.

Can you tell some information about your case? Location, Category, Company Size?

Thanks

2hard2getGC

Hi 2hard2getGC,

dot code - 999.151-031
location - bay area
position - software engineer, requires MS
size - 140 employees

Actually, I filed for labor through company A in bay area. Company A got acquired by company B in Pittsburgh. This NOF is for labor filed thru company A in bay area. So, if get remanded to state for labor thru company A, can I file for new labor immediately thru company B in Pittsburgh?

Thanks,
masti

masti25, Hi 2hard2getGC

when did u guys submited results to dept. my employer submited results on may 21st and we have not heard from labor dept about NOF.

thanks
VCB.

Originally posted by srk123
AVM says my case is certified on 13-JUNE-2003. I just called the law firm and they haven't received any correspondence from DOL yet. any ideas why that might be? Does DOL take sometime to notify lawfirm after the case is certified. I hope so..I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Mine also says certified 11 June 03 but lawyer hasnt received anything yet

Originally posted by comerhop
Mine also says certified 11 June 03 but lawyer hasnt received anything yet

PD 9 may 2001
Received 3 NOF's so far, 2 from SESA (prevailing wage) , 1 from Regional (Retest market)
DOT Code 999.151-032
Bay area

DOT Code: 999.151-051
Received Regional Office: 05/01/2002
Received NOF in Apr 03, went with retest market option.
Not sure why the lawyer haven't received any correspondence from DOL. does anyone know how long do they take to inform lawyer after the AVM is updated with "case is certified" message. do I have anything to worry about?

Originally posted by 2Hard2guess
Hi Srk123

Can we know your Details

DotCode,Location,PriorityDate........

Rgds
:cool:

for T3K

Hi T3K:

Can you please run your program to get the status of various DOT codes at the SFO DOL? Please include cases with RDs beginnning this year as well.

Thanks,
udi75
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.