Cable clearance sent from DOS to Consulate - What next?

Thank You Everyone for your good wishes.

And thanks Ali, for the protector info. Its really a pain to get this done, but i guess its better than being prevented from boarding the flight.

-Ali

visa issued date

Is it true that they only issue visa on Friday?

NIVVictim: Visa issued: August 05, 2005 (Friday)
mdali77: Visa Issued: Aug 12 2005 (Friday)
MNINJ: Visa Approval: May 27, 2005 (Friday)

Name Check and FBI Finger printing.

Hi,

I recently applied for H1B revalidation in US Consulate, Chennai, India while I visited India for an emergency.

Unfortunately, during the H1B visa interview, the Consulate directed me to Finger print for Additional administrative Process.

I was informed that it might take about 3-4 weeks to hear from them.

Any one recently went through this experience, Please update.

Regards,
JRFF.

Finally the wait is over, I received my Passport

It was a loooooooong wait of exact 8 months. I was interviewed at Islamabad for first time H1B. I had a name hit and was also finger-printed on a card (paid $85)

Interview date: 10th Jan. 2005
Visa Stamped: 7th Sep. 2005
Passport received: 10th Sep. 2005

There were several clearances requested by the Embassy and I dont know how many. It took a very long time. I am just thankful to ALLAH for HIS mercy.

I hope everybody else waiting in this process get their passports very very soon.

Best Regards,
-Nouman

2nd clearance??

hi guys
What does second/third clearance mean? Do they send the case to DOS again or do they do some homework here at the consulate? Can anyone enlighten?
I recieved a clearance from the DOS last month and i was asked by the consulate to drop in my passport and visa fees personally..which i did and since then no reply..On enquiry i found out that my case is still pending under administrative process and is awaited a reply. and they will contact me once its completed.
Any ideas guys?
confused_jay

I doubt your case would've gone to DOS again.
From other threads I found that the Consulate does its own checks after they receive the Cable from Consulate.
BTW,
Which consulate you applied and When?
Is this the first time H1 or Renewal.

Please update.

Iam also confused how these things work.

confused_jay said:
hi guys
What does second/third clearance mean? Do they send the case to DOS again or do they do some homework here at the consulate? Can anyone enlighten?
I recieved a clearance from the DOS last month and i was asked by the consulate to drop in my passport and visa fees personally..which i did and since then no reply..On enquiry i found out that my case is still pending under administrative process and is awaited a reply. and they will contact me once its completed.
Any ideas guys?
confused_jay

Can I get PP Back while Admin processing

Its my fourth week since my Passport is with Chennai Consulate for H1B Visa.
While they are continuing Administrative Processing on my case. Can I get my Passport back as I need to visit another country on business.

For simple they keep the Passport (their case alos did not resolve fast) and for some People they don't keep the Passport. I don't understand why is the difference.

Please Update.

Passport

In my experience the passport can be taken back by sending a request to the Embassy in writing (fax or e-mail). My case is under adminstrative processing for last 6 months and I toook my passport back a month ago for travelling. The Embassy sent in within 2 days. It does not make any difference if passport remains with Embassy or with the applicant as informed me by the consular. If you do not intend to travel, leave it with them. If you do, take it at the time of interview and then they will call you once clearance is received.

Hello Pal,
Thanks for your post.
- JRF.

Bonapart said:
In my experience the passport can be taken back by sending a request to the Embassy in writing (fax or e-mail). My case is under adminstrative processing for last 6 months and I toook my passport back a month ago for travelling. The Embassy sent in within 2 days. It does not make any difference if passport remains with Embassy or with the applicant as informed me by the consular. If you do not intend to travel, leave it with them. If you do, take it at the time of interview and then they will call you once clearance is received.

Visa Granted after 9 months!!

hey guys
It took 9 months. Yes to JRFF that the consulate does some of their own processing once they get the clearance from the Dept of State. I am not sure if its called processing or just a delay to join the bits and pieces of the puzzle(visa case).
Interview date: Jan 3, 2005
Dept of State clearance: July 21, 2005
Consulate clearance: August 11, 2005
Passport dropped @ Delhi consulate: August 22, 2005
Recieved passpor: Sept 17, 2005

Thanks to everyone on this website.

Good Luck

:confused: jay

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share this news with everyone that my fiance just picked up his visa from Islamabad embassy today :) after 11 months of security clearances.

Interview date: 08th OCT. 2004
Clearances Completed:08th Sep. 2005 Not 08th AUG
Visa Stamped: 19th Sep. 2005

Sanna :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How About Revalidation? H1B Renewal

Does some one know, how long the revalidation of H1B visa has taken.
Most of the People who got their Visa after clearance from Islamabad seem to be new H1B case (Pls. correct me if I am wrong).

Does H1B renewal (afer 6 years of US work) also take months and months ?

I still feel the Consulate doesn't make any difference between People who apply for H1B for the first time and the People who apply for their H1B renewal(extension) etc..,

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Congratulation !!!

Sanna,

I am so happy for you !!! Wish you have a most wonderful wedding in the world.

How do you know your fiance's clearances completed date?

Jane

carpdiem said:
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share this news with everyone that my fiance just picked up his visa from Islamabad embassy today :) after 11 months of security clearances.

Interview date: 08th OCT. 2004
Clearances Completed: 08th AUG. 2005
Visa Stamped: 19th Sep. 2005

Sanna :)

mar_case said:
Sanna,

I am so happy for you !!! Wish you have a most wonderful wedding in the world.

How do you know your fiance's clearances completed date?

Jane

Thank you so much Jane :)

Actually, I called DOS around SEPT, 12 and I was told that final clearanaces were completed on SEPT 8th and I should be hearing soon from Embassy in Paksitan. And a week after I emailed embassy and they replied to tell that my fiance can come any time with his passport to get it stamped.

Sorry for teh typo earlier! By AUG8th, i meant SEPT 8th :)

Thanks,

Sanna

Last edited by a moderator:
Security Clearance at Chennai.. waiting since 2 months..

Hello,

I appeared for an interview for H1B revalidation and gave my fingerprints by paying a fee on Aug 5th, 2005, Its been nearly 2 months ever since and I'm still waiting without any kind of updates. I read on the forum that one can check with FBI and DOS but, I could not find the contact numbers or emails of DOS to fax/call. Can anyone post the accurate numbers of all agencies again please? Also, is anyone waiting for the clearance? If so, please respond.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat since Aug 24th.

BTW, the numbers are this.
1-202-663-1225 DOS.
1-304-625-2000 FBI Fingerprinting Status.

I doubt knowing the status helps any way (I'm sorry about it as I am also going through the same pain), because it is the Consulate that finally decides what to do when and It is doubtful if there is any way to expedite it. Well nothing is impossible. Check with your lawyer who might be able to assist in this regard.

Did you apply for H1B revalidation or the first time?

By any chance do you know whether your case is going through Name check, Mostly I think Yes because if its just FBI Fingerprinting Check, it should've come back by this time.

Good Luck.
JRF.

snv2004 said:
Hello,

I appeared for an interview for H1B revalidation and gave my fingerprints by paying a fee on Aug 5th, 2005, Its been nearly 2 months ever since and I'm still waiting without any kind of updates. I read on the forum that one can check with FBI and DOS but, I could not find the contact numbers or emails of DOS to fax/call. Can anyone post the accurate numbers of all agencies again please? Also, is anyone waiting for the clearance? If so, please respond.

Thanks

Got email from Chennai's Fraud unit

Hello, I got an email today from Chennai's Fraud unit asking me to appear for another interview on any MONDAY only. I got this email after 2 months. Wonder whether the background check is completed.. or they need to do more of processing. The reason Im thinking this is cuz, I already paid the visa fee and my passport is still with them. Email says, my passport is retained at the Consulate. If ething is clear, why can't they issue me the Visa? Does anyone has any clues of what may come?

Also, this is Revalidation, not first time. Thanks for the numbers. I called DOS 3 days ago, and heard the status as Pending. Have emailed fingerprinting division. Not sure what check is being conducted.

JRF, u got any phone number to contact? If so, can u prvt msg me?

snv2004 said:
Hello, I got an email today from Chennai's Fraud unit asking me to appear for another interview on any MONDAY only. I got this email after 2 months. Wonder whether the background check is completed.. or they need to do more of processing. The reason Im thinking this is cuz, I already paid the visa fee and my passport is still with them. Email says, my passport is retained at the Consulate. If ething is clear, why can't they issue me the Visa? Does anyone has any clues of what may come?

Also, this is Revalidation, not first time. Thanks for the numbers. I called DOS 3 days ago, and heard the status as Pending. Have emailed fingerprinting division. Not sure what check is being conducted.

JRF, u got any phone number to contact? If so, can u prvt msg me?
hello, I am in the same boat as you are.I got the same email from consulate after fingure print check, any Ideas ?

Clearance completed! :)

Got call from consular section in Islamabad that my security clearance is completed and visa approved and that I should deliver them passport through courier so they print the visa, which I did today. :) It took six and a half months. Interview happened on 24th March 2005. Long wait, but still I feel lucky as many others had to wait 9 to 12 months.

Bonapart

Called DOS

I called DOS twice today. Both people told me that my case is pending. They refused to tell me futher information. Last week, I was told that the clearance has not been sent. Interviewed in May.

Jane