Cable clearance sent from DOS to Consulate - What next?

NIW03,
Chennai seems to be very very sloppy in handling these things.
But I would say that it was the clearance cable that was "resent".. probably because chennai lost it..
Anis

I've noticed in the last few days the DOS inquiry wait time is 15 mins. I've waited till 25 mins and it keeps saying 15 mins. I guess gotta keep trying.

Last week I called the embassy in Islamabad and was lucky enough to get a visa officer on the phone. Unlike the local staff, the visa officer was very polite and very helpful.

First of all he informed me that the embassy was mistaken in requiring I-797 for a first-time H-4 beneficiary, and that after the FBI fingerprint check (he indicated that the check was only an FP check) , my wife can come in with my I-797 and get a visa.

When I told him that the National Visa Center has already sent the fingerprint results to the embassy, he said that it's a "distinct possibility" that the embassy might not have received them yet, but he said he'll look into it.

A lot of people complain about the Pakistani personnel at the embassy. Some are helpful, some aren't. But I think your chances of getting a fair hearing are increased if you get someone with authority on the phone.

Here is my experience

I got my H1B visa stamped in my passport the very next day after applying in US consulate, islamabad for renewal last week. No questions asked. I don't know why you guys were not issued the visa like the way they issued me. May be you guys deserve to wait... I never had any issues in getting the visa for any country. hee hee hee baa bye

Its good that you got yours issued in a day, but does not mean you go around insulting others. By the way, how much did you bend over :D

From medical stand point extreme of pain or trauma can cause hallucinations !!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called DOS. The visa office was very polite. Anyways, she tells me the status is still pending. They sent the clearance back to the embassy on March 22nd, and since then there has been no other requests from the embassy. It seems like its not even a case of second clearance, they're just sitting on it.

Ali

Akahmed:
My wife's fingerprint results were also sent to the embassy on March 21. So I think we are in a somewhat similar situation. I'll keep you updated on what's going on.

I don't think its enforced yet. But worth finding out. Last thing you want after all this wait is not being able to enter because of this. Hey bender (aka sartre), do you have machine readable passport ?

Ali

Assalam-u-Aleakum,

I reached on this fourm from google. I am also stuck with additional administrative processing. I appeared for h1 interview in islamabad us embassy on 7th feburary. No response from them since then. I have called DOS and they said that they received request from islamabad on 7th feb (same day i appeared for interview) and that my case was pending. My case is from f1-opt to h1. It is now over 11 weeks for me.

Any suggestions?

Muhammad Asim Abbasi

Dear Asim ,

people above you in this forum are stuck for 5, 6 and 7 months ( not to scare you) I hope that you have better luck then us.

salman

Called up DOS yesterday. They received request for follow up information from the embassy yesterday. My first clearance was sent on Mar 21......its gone beyond insane now!!!!

AKAhmed:

What did the embassy in Islamabad tell you after March 21? Did they refuse to take your call? Maybe it's routine for them to sit on someone's file for six weeks and then look at it?

I called the embassy last week and told them that my wife's FP results were sent to the embassy on March 21. They made a note on their file, and I told them that I'll call in a week to follow up.

The first time I called I was threatened that if I called again they will delay my passport. Second time was last Friday, the chap was really polite. He said I'm almost there and I should get it this week. I called yesterday and was told that my final clearance has not arrived and it will take 2 to 3 weeks more.