Bush is being re-elected, is it good form immigrant commnunity

Bottom line: if you are an American citizen whether you came here as an immigrant or whatever this is your land and you have the right to be proud of it. The rest of you guys whether non-immigrant or wannabe immigrants get in line and deal with the system. The bureaucracy is not going to change because you have a problem with it. JUST DEAL WITH IT AND QUIT WHINING!!

the only thing more puzzling to me than streddy's response is the last response. Why bold ? What was that crap in bold? Who is cribbing about the system? Why is he/she/it trying to be mean? well ignore i guess...

xyz2375

U r the only one who seems to get my point. Thanks for being a learned man among the bunch.

rest of you please leave it at this.

You guys Streddy and Xyz

Immigrants are boon to this country. Please read at aila.org.
No country in this world gives you residency/citizenship in charity. they are immensely benefited from immigrants.
Please look at what immigrants had given to this country. 90% of the top academic awards go to childers of immigrant workers. Half of the scientific innovations were possible because of immigrants. Technological advance, early industrilization was possible because of ealier immigrants. LIST IS LONG.
We as immigrant make a country's fate on expense of our home country. Residnecy shouldn't be a benefit it should be a right given the fact how much we have contributed to this country.

On top of it, look at our social security taxes we pay without getting benefit (who leaves this country). I didn't mean to dis-respect anyone or any country. Please be thankful for both home and this country but AT THE SAME TIME, This country has to learn how to respect llegal immigrants.

Heard in CBS news this evening that Bush will most likely replace John Ashcroft for his lousy job in immigration reforms. Might be a good thing for us.

"Bottom line: if you are an American citizen whether you came here as an immigrant or whatever this is your land and you have the right to be proud of it. The rest of you guys whether non-immigrant or wannabe immigrants get in line and deal with the system"

xyz2375- is ur point that once you are a citizen you can complain,question,oppose things etc and till then just remain with your hands,mouths shut till u get to that point - even not expressing your opinions! --- u'r really missing what America is offering you buddy - sorry for you - just missing the whole point - 'm just reminded of a quote - "Add life to your years, not years to your life"...whatever our struggles,failures,hardships we face in our journey here, the freedom of being you and expressing yourself at any instant is the best thing this country has offered to me so far..

it's not enough to just yell out in bold and CAPS, there needs to be some content too :)

mj23, i dont think you should even waste any of your thoughts on him. I dont think any of us can talk to him as he is so ahead in the queue of the "rest of us" and so much "better" than us. And how cool was that to put all of it in bold.

Apparently a lot of people in this thread are very unappreciative of the immigration benefits that they currently have. God only knows what will happen when they become permanent residents. Just because you are here on a visa, doesn't mean that the government should give you all the rights and the benefits equal to the citizens. GROW UP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No spinning please!

But - in a way, what u wrote is in fact what we are saying -- 'appreciate the benefits this country offers to everyone' --- so xyz2375 - you just have unconsciously switched sides :) :)

Streddy,

You are right. These people have no freakin' clue what we are trying to say in this thread. They need to go to an ESL program or something. What we both are trying to say to all the ignorant people on this thread is be happy with what you have, and don't complain about the system. . What you guys are trying to say is that you deserve all the rights, and privileges because you work hard here even though you are not citizens.

END OF DISCUSSION. CASE CLOSED.

Last edited by a moderator:
go back to the thread, read it and then write to us where people have "complained about the system" --The real reason/gist of this whole thread is totally different - Get your facts out and then talk, instead of making blanket statements. That's why i said - "No spinning".

Hey, we are not the ones taking personal shots either --- Facts definitely speak way louder than cheapo 'ESL' shots!!! --- but pretty smart though - taking a cheapo shot and judiciously writing 'Case Closed'... :)

Please read and understand what's going on the thread and then respond - please dont write something totally out of context - out of your emotion - and keep trying to defend it for days!!

I dont get it. Who complained about what system. Neither streddy nor we compained about any "system". xyz, if you want to get involved in something, get an idea of what it is. I guess this is ok in your view. But in general, screaming in an unprovoked and unreasonable manner is psychotic and idiotic.

Its unfortunate that most of the computer literates remained uneducated.

But iam hopeful time will put everyone in place.

streddy

I think people who are making personal attack here is less educated... mem... and let's see who are they.

XYZ: are your from the left wing of Repulican? If not, you really sure find a job for them cause you are sooooooooo fit in their thinking mode.

My opinion is: although we are immigrants, it doesn't mean we are INFERIOR than non-immigrants. To protect our rights is the basic thing to do for a human being. The system will only get better if the voices are heard!!! That's the reason we are sending the letters to congressman, signing petitions... According to your opinion, we should just sit here doing nothing but waiting with thankful thoughts. To fight for each's rights is American culture. Otherwise, American won't become independent under British's control. Since we are living in this great culture, we should enjoy it and benefit through this. People have to learn how to respect himself/herself in order to gain respect from others.

Why I prefer Bush over Kerry.
1. Bush will continue his policy on outsourcing jobs ( which is good for India ) where as kerry has mentioned about reducing tax benefits for the companies which outsource the work force )
2. Bush will hunt for terrorists ( which is good for India in Kashmir problem ) Where as Kerry was not clear about what he wants to do with Terrorists ??

guys

i think its time to chill and forget about this thread for a while, lets hope NSC keeps processing concurrent cases at a fast pace.

everyone is right in their own way so lets just relax and hope for the best for the entire nonimmigrant and immigrant community.

Peace :)

Wanted to know new developments in Sep 03 EB2 I140 processing, not to join in any political discussions. Seems like I am in the wrong place. Sorry, my bad!