Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Finally it's over

Friends,

Finally I got the Canadian GC stamped in my passport. I will be landing sometime during May 2004.

For the benefit of others here is my timeline.

Applied -----> June 2002
File Number alloted -----> November 2002
Initial assesssment done -----> September 2003
Interview Require -----> 'Y'
File Transferred to New york from Buffalo -----> September 2003
Received letter from New york asking me to do Medicals -----> November 2003
Received letter from New york indicating the interview date -----> November 2003
Medicals Done -----> 29th December 2003
Interview Date -----> 4th February 2004
ROLF and second set of FBI Fingrerprint results sent -----> 28th February 2004
Letter from NY for Passports -----> 8th March 2004
Sent Passports -----> 15th March 2004
Got back Passports -----> 23rd March 2004

I ma planning to land sometime in May'2004. Will post my landing experience and meantime if I have any questions, I will post them here.

Thanks very much for all the members who shared their knowledge and wishing the best for members who are still waiting to complete the process.

As always, any questions are welcome and I will try my best to answer them.

Thanks,
DA

Congratulations to jalabalajings. happy 4 you.

I also recd Landing paper. here is the timeline

Applied -----> November 2002
Initial assesssment done -----> December 2003
Interview Require -----> N
Medicals Done -----> 23rd December 2003
Documents sent ---> 30th December, 2003
Passport request -----> 28th Feb 2004
Sent Passports -----> 11th March 2004

best luck to all of you

-happy4you

Guys,
Is it okey to apply Canadian Immigration on your own or its a good idea to approach an attorney?
I heard that I also need to get 'Police Certificate' from India (As I was in India before comming to USA).
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is always a good idea to go through a lawyer. Though you might be spending a few thousand dollars for it, it is definitely worth it. The lawyers understand the process completely and know how to iron out any wrinkles that there may be in the application. I went through a lawyer and had a very good experience. The process was very smooth.

You no longer need a police clearance certificate from India. The canadian authorities will do the background check in India. However, you will have to send the FBI clearance.

Hope the above helps...

My own opinion: It makes no difference to apply by yourself or via a lawyer. The key is that you have all the required documents (company's reference letter, no criminal record, etc.) If you are now in the states, it is usually easier and quicker.

I applied by myself in Buffalo office, and got my PR visa stamped in passport this Jan. The whole application process took 18 months.

Goold luck.
Jan.

Originally posted by pranashvi
Gyes,
Is it okey to apply Canadian Immigration on your own or its a good idea to approach an attorney?
I heard that I also need to get 'Police Certificate' from India (As I was in India before comming to USA).
Thanks in advance.

happy4you

Happy4you,

Thanks very much and Congratulations to you too. BTW, when are you planning to Land?

DA

Originally posted by happy4you
Congratulations to jalabalajings. happy 4 you.

I also recd Landing paper. here is the timeline

Applied -----> November 2002
Initial assesssment done -----> December 2003
Medicals Done -----> 23rd December 2003
Documents sent ---> 30th December, 2003
Passport request -----> 28th Feb 2004
Sent Passports -----> 11th March 2004

best luck to all of you

-happy4you

afs32

afs32,

Could you let me know the contact info for the attorney you went through for the Canadian GC. I am planning to do it for my brother and would appreciate if you could provide me the contact information, timelines and the cost incurred to complete the process.

Thanks,
DA

Originally posted by afs32
I think it is always a good idea to go through a lawyer. Though you might be spending a few thousand dollars for it, it is definitely worth it. The lawyers understand the process completely and know how to iron out any wrinkles that there may be in the application. I went through a lawyer and had a very good experience. The process was very smooth.

You no longer need a police clearance certificate from India. The canadian authorities will do the background check in India. However, you will have to send the FBI clearance.

Hope the above helps...

Originally posted by afs32

Hope the above helps...

Hi afs32,
I wld appreciate if you let me also know your attorneys contact imfo. Do you have any idea how much you have to pay MORE if you hire an attorney?
Thanks

2001 applicant

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of the 2001 applicant is still waiting to get their landing papers or I am the only one left..............

I applied in october 2001, got assessment in Nov. 2002. Initial medical done on May13, 2003. Rest of the medical of my wife and newborn kid completed on February, 2004. Still waiting.........

I am worried that if i won't received my landing papers in a month or so, may medical will expire on May 13, 2004.

Any suggestion what i can do about it. I already sent fax to them explaining my situation and waiting to hear from them.

For bhand11683

Thanks bhand11683 for the information.

Will immigration officer tell my reference that I have applied for canada PR or she will just call for job confirmation?

Incorrect Information on Medical Form

Guys;

I recieved Meical Form from CIC for my wife, my name is spell incorrectly on her form and her date of birth is alsoincorrect.

What should I do in this situation?

Applied -----> Feb 2002
File Number Recived----> June 2002
Initial assesssment done -----> Feb 2004
Additional Information reuested by CIC----> Feb 2004

Medicals Done -----> March 2004
Additional Information Provided to CIC on -----> March 2004
Added my Wife to Application -----> March 2004
Request for Wife Medical--- >2004

Thanks in Advance
Pearl

Jalma,

I wish you get your landing papers within a month or so. And I am pretty sure about it as all your paper work/medical is done.
I attended the interview in LA on 16th March and then told by the officer that my application is accepted and I could send them the landing fee. But, because my wife is pregnant, I havn't gone for the medicals yet. The due date is in August.

1. Can you tell me based on your experience, what exactly I need to do once the baby is born?

2. How much time the consulate takes to send you the medical form for the newborn..etc.?

3. Can I deposit the landing fee for me and my wife anytime between now and before going for medical?

Thanks,

* You need to inform Buffalo, NY abt baby's birth. They will send you medical form for baby very quickly. You will have to send copy of baby's birth certificate.
* You can pay Canadian Consulate any time when you apply initially or then after.

Mayank

How long it takes to get the mail after on-line status says "Decision Made" ? It had been few days for me but I didn't get any mail yet!

If I stamp my passport but don't land in Canada, can I get my landing fee back?

Thank you in advance for sharing your opinion!

Re: happy4you

I am planning to land in May end or June. Not finalized.

What about you ?
Originally posted by jalabalajings
Happy4you,

Thanks very much and Congratulations to you too. BTW, when are you planning to Land?

DA

Mayank,

Thanks for the information shared about the newborn.
But, one more thing, I want to ask you - Why should I inform the Buffalo consulate about the birth of the baby, if my file has already been transferred to LA consulate. I think now onwards all the correspondence should be with LA consulate not Buffalo. Also, the landing fee should now be deposited to LA consulate.
What do you think? Please share your knowledge.

Thanks once again.

sanksin77,

You can request the infomation of adding a newborn baby to your application from Buffalo office. They will send you all the forms and and letest fee for the same.

Actually my wife completed all of her medical (except chect X-ray) before the delivery and completed her chect X-ray examination and medical of newborn after delivery.

We received the medical form of a new born within 3 weeks of submitting all the paperwork to bufallo office.

As per ROLF, I sumitted it long before the medical examination. You can submit it anytime you want.

Good luck

Thanks to Mayank and Jalma for the reply.

Jalma,

What all papers you sent after the baby is born to the consulate? Once the baby is born, do you have to wait for his/her US passport to arrive before you sent the information to consulate?

In my case because I received my last letter from LA consulate, I need to send all the information to LA not Buffalo. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks,