Buffalo Tracker (please add)

question

How much time does the canadian consulate in Buffalo give to turn in the passports after passport request for canadian immigration.

The reason I am asking is that I will be sending the requested paperwork & FBI certificate at the end of march(medical already done in feb) & am planning to travel to India during May-June time frame. Was wondering what the situation would be if Buffalo requests passports when we are in India.

Your feedback is appreciated.

My case:

Applied: Jan 2002
Initial Assement Passed: Aug 2003
Medical Exam: Oct 2003
Immi. Visa Received: Dec 2004
Interview: waived

Hope this could help! Thanks.

Re: question

Originally posted by jillusapota
How much time does the canadian consulate in Buffalo give to turn in the passports after passport request for canadian immigration.

The reason I am asking is that I will be sending the requested paperwork & FBI certificate at the end of march(medical already done in feb) & am planning to travel to India during May-June time frame. Was wondering what the situation would be if Buffalo requests passports when we are in India.

If you read last 4 - 5 pages, you'll find out some people ever received in 5 days, for some (like me) it took exact 15 business days.

Re: question

jillusapota

I believe you are asking how many days does the Canadian Consulate allow you to turn in the Passport for PR visa stamping.

If this is correct, then they ask you to submit the Passports within 60 days of the receipt of the letter. I received this letter yesterday and they have asked me to submit the pasports within 60 days.

If this is not what you asked for then please ignore this message.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
DA
Originally posted by jillusapota

New Born.

Gurus,
Guide me on this.

Applied on 11th Jan 2004
Processing started on 13 Feb 2004.
File NO:B 045 328 xxx.

We had a Baby on 25th Feb. Should I inform them immediately?
Or I can wait some time to take the passport and send all the details to them?

Advise me

Thanks

jillusapota,

In my case, passport was asked within 30 days of request.

katnev,

Congratulations for the baby !! I would say inform CIC immediately so when they request medical, it comes for all family member.

-happy4you

New Born

Thank you happy4you.

katnev,

Congratulations for the baby !! I would say inform CIC immediately so when they request medical, it comes for all family member.

-happy4you

Detroit Interview

Hi,

Is there any body who appeared for an interview at Detroit recently or in the past.

Mine is a strange case. I received initial assessment. Interview waived. I submitted additional documents. I completed medicals. On line message changed to Decision Made. I was expecting a request for Passports. On Febraury last week, 2004, I received a letter from Buffalo, saying that, after reviewing the file again they thought interview was necessary. My case will be tranferred to Detroit. In the coming months, they will call for an interview.

1) Are there any people like this. I mean called for interview, after medicals.
2) I heard that the medicals are valid for one year. What happens to my medicals if they can not finish the process within that time.
3) How much time they need to tranfer the file fro Buffalo to Detroit? When I am likely to get an interview date from Detroit.
4) Will any body share their Detroit interview experiences.
5) What other documents, they expect during interview?

It will be of great help to people like me if some body responds to this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
immi_canada,
My suggestion is you should get the caips notes without delay as it will tell you what triggered the interview decision and you can prepare accordingly.

Buffalo

Hey immi_canada

Can you share your timeline in terms of docs , medicals and initial assessment.

I am in same situation where I sent everything and waiting for PP request. They asked me additional Schedule 1 forms at the time of initial assessment. Its been 3 months that I sent all docs but no response from them yet.

So I just want to make sure if I have to caips notes before anything like you happens to me.

Thanks.

Re: Buffalo

Originally posted by discforum1
Hey immi_canada

Can you share your timeline in terms of docs , medicals and initial assessment.

I am in same situation where I sent everything and waiting for PP request. They asked me additional Schedule 1 forms at the time of initial assessment. Its been 3 months that I sent all docs but no response from them yet.

So I just want to make sure if I have to caips notes before anything like you happens to me.

Thanks.

My file # : Nov 2002
Initial assessment: Oct 2003
Mediacals Sent: Dec 2003
Additional docs sent : Jan 2004

Hey Immi_canada

This is site a found. You can see if ur file number appears here.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=1896&mid=1&cat=1

Also I wanted to ask what date u received letter abt the interview and how many days after u received the letter is the interview.

I am also planning to get the caips notes . Where did u get it from. Is is the same website caipsnotes.com

Is it reliable to get it ... Does it affect the processing of ur application...

Originally posted by discforum1
Hey Immi_canada

This is site a found. You can see if ur file number appears here.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=1896&mid=1&cat=1

Also I wanted to ask what date u received letter abt the interview and how many days after u received the letter is the interview.

I am also planning to get the caips notes . Where did u get it from. Is is the same website caipsnotes.com

Is it reliable to get it ... Does it affect the processing of ur application...

I did not find my file number in the link. They take about 8 weeks to get the file transferred. That's what this site says. After they receive the file, they will put it in line. So, I'm really not sure how it goes.
About the CAIPS notes, from this thread, I observed that, it should not affect the processing of ur application. Again, it is only my personal opinion.
Yes, the site is caipsnotes.com

Thanks

Police Certificate

Gurus;

I had applied in for PR on Feb 2002 and recived Initial assesment and interivew waiver on Feb 2004, along with the waiver letter they I was asked to provide my employment history and residence history from Feb 2002 till present. I was also asked to do my medical examination in next 60 days.

I have seen on the mesage board that applicants were asked to provide FBI finger printing and PCC from India.I did not get any such request.

I did submit FBI finger prints in Feb 2002 along with the application.

Did anyone have smilar experince.

Thanks in Advance

-Pearl

pp request

I received pp request.

Application date:6/26/02
initial assement: 10/3/03
medical: 10/22/03
pp request: 3/10/04

My h1b would be expired on 4/30/04. I'm in the processing of h1b extension. The case is still pending. If I send pp, what is the deadline for me to landing? 4/30/04(h1b expiration date) or 10/22/04(medical expiration date)?

Thanks

Some info needed

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone who applied in 2003 got their assessment started.

The buffalo site says they are assessing March 2003 casses.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks.