Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Medical exam

Hi,

I got the Medical exam form with 2nd letter. But the form is in French, is it usual? I can't read french. Do I have to fill out anything on the form at all, or I just need to take it to the doctor. Thanks.

MA72

I think the estatus is changed 2 days before I received my passport request. It taken around 3 months after my medical and 2 months after I send all the Requested Papers like H1b,paystub, employment letter etc.

Re: e status

Originally posted by ma72
PThomas:
when did the e status change to decision made?
how many days before the passport request letter or how long after the medicals
thanks

for me status changed to decision made, when they asked for passport, it changed back to "in process" when they were processing it, and now its "decision made" after I recevd the passports. Seems like process well connected with database ;) unlike US labor dept AVMs :mad:

Caps Note

My Caps note says, IMS-Visa notified on sep12 2003, case status 'Assessed M01'
Any one know what does it mean? Medical was done on Aug03.
I did not recevie any thing since then.
Thanks.
-Shaheen

Congrats!

Originally posted by RahulatDC
I received it today, one day short of 15 business day, gosh what a tense wait, now I think It would be better if I drove the canadian consulate, thanx Baig and all other guyz

Congrats Rahul!!

When are u planning to land? Keep in touch...

Baig

Re: e status

Originally posted by ma72
RahultaDC and happy4u

can you please, inform us when did the e status message change?
thanks

Status indicates "Decision made" It took almost 2 months to change status after submitting my medical. Don't exactly know how many days before pp request.

PThomas and RahulatDC

Thanks for your reply to my earlier post.

I have three more questions.

[1] CIC has asked recent photographs (3 nos) along with passport. I have extra copies of photographs taken at the time of medical which is in last week of December.

Can I use same photographs OR do I have to take again for entire family ?

[2] Does canadian PR affects in anyway to greencard process ?

[3] What are the long term commitments for canadian PR in other words, can we continue working in US and keep canada PR as backup only and never stay/move to canada. Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

-happy4you

Buffalo office CAIPS notes

Hello

Applied in June 2002.
Initial assessment - Nov 2003.

In my initial assessment I was asked to submit Schedule 1 forms , additional docs like pcc , w-2, emp letter, pay stubs, etc and do medical within 60 days. I have completed everything and sent them all docs within the specified period.

Still I have not heard anything from them. What should I do.

Is it reliable to get CAIPS notes from www.caipsnotes.com . I mean is it safe to give them all our info like file number, personal details , etc. Can they misuse it in someway...and does requesting caips notes affect processing of your application.

Please advise. Has anyone requested caips notes and successfully got the PP request.

happy4you:

[1] CIC has asked recent photographs (3 nos) along with passport. I have extra copies of photographs taken at the time of medical which is in last week of December.

* You can use them.

* Nope

[3] What are the long term commitments for canadian PR in other words, can we continue working in US and keep canada PR as backup only and never stay/move to canada. Is it possible ?

* You need 2 stay 3 years out of 5 to keep your PR alive. You need to file taxes in Canada and all that.

Mayank

Canada PR and US PR

Anyone please advise.
My I - 485 is in final stage (applied it in Nov. 2002). I applied for canada PR and got approval. I sent my passport and and my wifes for stamping and we received them last week. We have landing time till 21 st of November 2004.
1) So my question is can we land in Canada while my US green card is under process ?
2) When do we get our canada PR status ? By getting a stamping in passport or after we land in Canada ??
3) After getting stamping in passport if I have decided to not to land in Canada, can I ask for land fee return which I paid.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Mayank for reply
Originally posted by mayankdave
happy4you:

* You can use them.

* Nope

* You need 2 stay 3 years out of 5 to keep your PR alive. You need to file taxes in Canada and all that.

Mayank

Re: Canada PR and US PR

Originally posted by infor24
1) So my question is can we land in Canada while my US green card is under process ?
2) When do we get our canada PR status ? By getting a stamping in passport or after we land in Canada ??
3) After getting stamping in passport if I have decided to not to land in Canada, can I ask for land fee return which I paid.

Answer in the order question asked.

1. Yes you can, but once you landed in Canada, your RPRF is not refundable.
2.When you land in Canada.
3.Yes you can, only RPRF is refundable.

Please add your information to buffalo tracker excel file, if you can, it may help someone who'll be in same timeline as yours.

Canada PR and US PR

Thanks RahulDC. One more question.

What do we need to do If I want to request for RPRF fee return ??
I may not land in Canada. I came to know that there are no IT jobs in Canada.

I am new to this forum. Where is the Buffalo Tracker located ? I will add my information to that list.
Here are my details..

applied in August 02
Requested for Medicals Nov. 03 (sent the RPRF and medicals in Nov.)
Received passport request letter in first week of Feb 04 (sent the passports on 23 rd Feb 04)
Received the passports March 05 and got visa until Nov 04.

Re: Canada PR and US PR

Originally posted by infor24
Thanks RahulDC. One more question.

What do we need to do If I want to request for RPRF fee return ??
I may not land in Canada. I came to know that there are no IT jobs in Canada.

Communicate with them through letters or fax, they’ll send you a format, fill it up with a copies of receipts, sometime it takes 1 and half years to 2 yrs.

Please don’t disrespect IT professional’s working in Canada, there is jobs available , I bet you would be in line to cross the border if your labor/485 didn’t came through

Received Passport Request

Friends,

Received the request to send the Passport today from New york Office.

My timelines once again for the benefit of others:

Applied : 29th May 2002
Received File Number : November 2002
Initial Assessment Complete : September 2003
File transferred to New york for Interview : September 2003
Received letter from New york regarding interview : December 2003
Interview Date : 4th February 2004
Sent FBI fingerprints (Second time) & ROLF Fees: 28th February 2004
Pasport Request Received : 8th March 2004

May send in Passport's either this week or next week. Planning to land in May 2004.

All the best to other friends waiting for their Canadian PR's.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be glad to help.

DA

Re: Received Passport Request

Originally posted by jalabalajings
May send in Passport's either this week or next week. Planning to land in May 2004.
Jalabala,

advice to you, dont forget to send return express mail, press hard when writing addresses

Re: Re: Received Passport Request

RahulatDC

Thanks for the suggestion and advice. Actually didn't have a chance to see what exactly I have received from the Consulate. Just noted the contents of the letter.

Will see it thoroughly this evening, and will post questions if any.

Thanks again.

DA

Originally posted by RahulatDC
Jalabala,

advice to you, dont forget to send return express mail, press hard when writing addresses