Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Received Passport back with stamping and landing papers.

Applied : May 2002
Receipt & Process Started : Nov 2002
Medical Request : Sept. 2003
Interview Waived & Document requested : Sept 2003
Sent Document with RPRF : 15 Oct 2003
Medical Done : 1 Nov 2003
Passport Request : 31 Dec 2003
Sent Passport : 5 Jan 2004 ( Used Express Mail for both side )
Received Passport back : 9 Jan 2004

All together 20 month in whole process.

Good luck to all.

Planing to visit Canada in June/July 2004. I will post my landing exp.

Thanks to all for sharing your PR process experience.

Re: How long does it take?

It may take 1 1/2 yr to 2 yrs.

Originally posted by 2hard2getGC
Hi Guys,

I am not sure whether this is the appropriate place to ask question, i just want to know how long it takes to get the Canadian PR (From Application till the actual approval). I am about to File my application just waiting on the FBI Fingerprint result.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Congrates .
Still I am waiting. Online status was changed but i haven't get anything after that.

Originally posted by rmsag
Received Passport back with stamping and landing papers.

Applied : May 2002
Receipt & Process Started : Nov 2002
Medical Request : Sept. 2003
Interview Waived & Document requested : Sept 2003
Sent Document with RPRF : 15 Oct 2003
Medical Done : 1 Nov 2003
Passport Request : 31 Dec 2003
Sent Passport : 5 Jan 2004 ( Used Express Mail for both side )
Received Passport back : 9 Jan 2004

All together 20 month in whole process.

Good luck to all.

Planing to visit Canada in June/July 2004. I will post my landing exp.

Thanks to all for sharing your PR process experience.

Recd Medical form and interview

Applicatin date Dec 15th 2003
Medical form and letter informing that paper are accepted and trf to Candian consulate in New York and they will inform interview date.

Re: Recd Medical form and interview

Originally posted by mardala
Applicatin date Dec 15th 2003
Medical form and letter informing that paper are accepted and trf to Candian consulate in New York and they will inform interview date.

Please correct it to
Dec 15th 2002 got letter of acceptance and medical form on Dec 30th 2003.

mardala,

Dec 15th 2002 is the date you sent your file to them or the date they put in their system as the date they 'started processing' your application.

thanks,

passport stamp delay

We got the passport request from our immigration agency in late November 2003. We sent our passports immidiately and the agency has received them on11/24/2003. However although we have requested several times the agency kept telling us that they haven't received them from buffalo. They say this is because of the holiday in December. But I do see people getting their passports back in one week's time even in late December.
Any suggestions? We are really worried. Since we are overseas we cannot talk to the agent in person. All we can do is to send emails and make phone calls. :(

Hi daobing,

I think you should send your passport inquiry via fax to buffalo office indicating your file number. Do not let your agent know about it. Give your email address and phone number as well.

They may reply you directly. Then you will know for certain whats going on with your case.

Good luck

do anyone know how much we have to pay for the right of landing fees?
In my assessment letter it was mentioned US $625.
Is that the right amount as of now or I have to pay more according to the Canadian dollar conversion?

thanks

love2002, You need to pay $715 per person as right of landing fees, Check out the CHC web site for latest deail.

Thanks Jalma

Thanks Jalma! We just got the email that they have received our passports from buffalo. Such a long journey! :D

Daobing
Originally posted by Jalma
Hi daobing,

I think you should send your passport inquiry via fax to buffalo office indicating your file number. Do not let your agent know about it. Give your email address and phone number as well.

They may reply you directly. Then you will know for certain whats going on with your case.

Good luck

Thanks and one more question

Hi, Thanks for your responds.....

I have one more question:
I paid my landing fee in Jan 2003 at that time it was
$635 but now is $715. Do I have to pay the difference???

Thanks...

Andrew

P.S. I requested my CAIPS notes and CIC has cashed by check..,
my BFD was OCT, 2003 even I sent my Med in Apr. 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Thanks and one more question

Originally posted by andrew_an_ge
Hi, Thanks for your responds.....

I have one more question:
I paid my landing fee in Jan 2003 at that time it was
$635 but now is $715. Do I have to pay the difference???

Thanks...

Andrew

P.S. I requested my CAIPS notes and CIC has cashed by check..,
my BFD was OCT, 2003 even I sent my Med in Apr. 2003

Heard from a friend, they'll take the differnce when you reached there or send you a latter, please confirm it by your resources.

By the way, How come you are waiting one year after medical and paying of RPRF

andrew_an_ge, There is no change in Landing fee amount wise in CAN$, but From 635 to 715 is a change bacause of US dollor conversion. You should be fine because u paid in Jan 2003 but check with others.

thanks rmsag.
I looked in the canadian website and it says the can dollar of 975 as the right of landing fee.
But when I do the current can to US dollar conversion , the amount comes to US $755.

Do I have to pay 715 or 755? :confused:

FBI card (green or blue)

Hi

I sent my docs(asked in initial assessment )like USA PCC . I used the blue fingerprint card .But my spouse lives in different state and she was given a green form . Both of us got it back from WV and we sent it to Buffalo.

Is there any specific color (only blue or only green) that we have to use.

Re: Re: Thanks and one more question

Originally posted by RahulatDC
Heard from a friend, they'll take the differnce when you reached there or send you a latter, please confirm it by your resources.

By the way, How come you are waiting one year after medical and paying of RPRF

HI, Rahulat

Thanks for your info.

I waited for 12month before I heard anything from them.....
Then they ask me to wait 6mon before Med....

Now I have wait 8 mon after med .....

What a long process! I am thinking about complaining to the
new minister, do you know his contact?

Andrew

Interview Call

Hi Forum,

I got a letter from LA consulate today and I am required to attend the interview on March 16,2004. That was pretty fast.. within 2 months of file transfer to LA from Buffalo consulate.:)

But, they haven't mentioned anything about the medical. Do I have to wait till I clear the interview?
Apart from that they have asked me to bring all the documents (passport, police clearance, IELTS score,Education degrees, Certificates, Employment letter, Fund proof, Birth Certificate, Marriage certificate,immigration status, W2 forms etc..)

Most of them, I have already submitted at the time of filing my application.
I would appreciate if anybody can tell me, what should I expect in the interview?
AND MOST IMPORTANT!!
Should I take the medical test before attending the interview or not?

Thanks,