Buffalo Tracker (please add)

For india-usa

india-usa -

Did you get passport request yet? I am still waiting and I saw that rmsag got his passport request.

Baig

I requested my caipsnotes and had a few questions about some of the entries

MEDDEC =0

Security Decision : 1 11/08/2003 EL

Under Case Status I have

Status SEC : 1

Medical Status: M01.

I am awaiting the request for passport and I did my medicals on Aug 24th 2003.

Does anyone know what these entries mean?

Thanks

I came to know my application status last week after I faxed them. They actually are waiting for me to pay the RPRF and have given me a months time. It appears that they will send me the PP stamping req as soon as I pay that.

Anybody know how long after the PP, I need to show myself in Canada ? And also what can I do about an apartment there since I dont have any friends in Canada and moreover need some time to pick which place in Canada I would like to move to ?
Can I go to Canada for a few days and come back to US. My project is still going strong and is till this fall !

Any suggestions please. Thanks

I am also waiting but for a different reason.

Hi rubs,

Did you get your passport request and completed the process.

Krishna02,

When did you completed your medical?

Any other guys those who completed their medical in April/ may are waiting for the passport request. Please update..........

RPRF Fee ...

Krishna,

Do we need to submit the RPRF fee, when they request us to submit documents - PCC, FBI, Bank stmts, EXP certificate etc...

Since, they didn't check the item RPRF fee, in the letter, i didn't send the fee. I have mailed the documents by Fedex 2 weeks ago. Shall i send it now or wait till they ask me to do so? Please advise..

For Srini88

Hi Srini,
Your Caips notes questions:
Case status 1 - means approved
Med. status 1 -means absolutely fit to enter Canada. It is relevant because any other status i.e. 2-9 means your 1 year medical validity cannot be extended if for some reason, your pp stamping is delayed.
The Security decision date is just the date on which they received report from CECS - status EL - Eligible.
MEDDEC=0, I don't know what it means.
As always, what I have told you is based on what I have been told or seen myself in different places over the last 3 years-so please don't act on it.
Satish

Hi satishja
Thanks a lot for the info. What does CECS mean? Does this mean that my background check is still being done or is it over?

Thanks

Interview/Caips notes advice

I only recieved my Caips notes today..my time line is as follows
Application submitted to Buffalo in 09-2002
AOR in 11-2002
Initial Assessment in 11-2003 interview required New York..

It appears that the reason I am to be interviewed is as follows
"An interview appears warranted to assesss the PA's Employment Experience and duties , edu Qualifications"

I therefore have two questions

(1) Should I bother to submit documents to clarify the above.or should I just wait on the interview call...as I know I can make a stronger case than I made at the time of applying..I have not yet been notified that my file has been transferred to New York.

(2) What is the liklihood that I shall have a call for interview prior to my b'fd date which is 05-2004
I welcome any suggestions.

Jahmal

MEOW_MEOW
If you have done your Medical test and sent all requested document then send RPRF fee also, that will save your application process time. ( This is my suggestion only)

Do the photographs for Landing have to be on a white background, are there any other restrictions on the photo's other than being passport size?

Thanks

Go to www.caipsnotes.com The entire procedure is explained in detail. You can either pay 35 dollars and get it through them or if you have someone in canada who is a PR or citizen you can ask them to do it on your behalf for 5 dollars

hi jalma,

i am still waiting for passport request. yesterday i sent them fax . lets see what happens

--rubs

Hello

I sent all docs asked in the initial assessment(w2,empl etter,pcc, etc). However in my initial assessment I had also received a schedule 1 form to be completed without which they say my background check was incomplete.

I had sent that form a while ago...so was wondering now that i have sent all the rest of docs and completed my medical ( BUT I cannot find out if medicals were received by them ) how long should I wait before sending them a fax.

for those who find errors in their landing papers

Hi,
Over time, I have seen a lot of postings here from people asking what they should do regarding an error in thier landing papers-such as incorrect passport numbers etc.

Here is a note on landing that I found to be useful:

"Minor errors or amendments such as changes in passport numbers and passport validity dates, typographical errors in the names or dates of birth of the principal applicant or accompanying dependants, changes in the address of the sponsor need not be reported to the Embassy and must be brought to the attention of the POE immigration officer."

For a more detailed look, go to:
http://www.immigration.ca/permres-gii-landing_process.asp

Satish

How long does it take?

Hi Guys,

I am not sure whether this is the appropriate place to ask question, i just want to know how long it takes to get the Canadian PR (From Application till the actual approval). I am about to File my application just waiting on the FBI Fingerprint result.

Thanks in advance for your help.