Buffalo Tracker (please add)

infor24,
Can you please post your timeline...like when you applied, when you got theinitial assessment kind of things...for our reference..

Regarding your question, I think, You should try to send passports together, if you can..It takes around 8-10 business days for buffalo to send back passport. If it is not at all possible, You should send a fax explaining the situation to buffalo. I remember, somewhere in the forum, that someone did the same and they got another request for passport once this date expired. So, you should be good.

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the responce.
I applied for PR Aug 02.
Got the file no. Nov 02
initial assesment and requested for additional docs and midicals in last week of Oct 03
sent Medicals last week of Nov 03
Sent the additional docs and landing fee in 2 nd week of Dec 03.
Wating for the passport request letter.

Is there anyway to check the status, medicals received or not ? How do we check the estatus ?
One of my friend got stamped in passport this month and they give him only till April to land in Canada (he has US visa stamp till April in his passport).

Thanks

Link to check the status:
http://services1.cic.gc.ca/ecas/Ide...nglish&page=Identification.jsp&agree=Continue

Typically, Visa vailidity date is 1 year from Medical date.

Whats the landing place you have applied for in cananda?

Have you already got the passport request or you are still waiting for that?

Originally posted by infor24
Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the responce.
I applied for PR Aug 02.
Got the file no. Nov 02
initial assesment and requested for additional docs and midicals in last week of Oct 03
sent Medicals last week of Nov 03
Sent the additional docs and landing fee in 2 nd week of Dec 03.
Wating for the passport request letter.

Is there anyway to check the status, medicals received or not ? How do we check the estatus ?
One of my friend got stamped in passport this month and they give him only till April to land in Canada (he has US visa stamp till April in his passport).

Thanks

Yes I completed a French course in community college and sent the transcripts. If I remember correctly I chose Torento for landing.
Can we send our passport for immigrating visa stamping while our US GC is under process ?? And can we land in Canada while our US GC is under process ?? I see in some other posts that if we accept Canada PR and land in Canada, our US green car process will be in trouble, is it true ??
I have applied for 485 in nov 02 and now I am working on EAD so is it safe to send my passport for canada immigration stamping and landing in canada ??
Anyone please advice, I am expecting passport request letter soon. And I am confused ..

call from Buffalo

Friends,
Today, I received a call from CIC Buffalo that they sent a letter today (12/19)requesting for passport. They also conveyed that I have to sent 3 passport size photo.

I hope, most of the process is done now. What do you guys say? only thing is the visa stamping now.

Do you know the size of passport size photo that we have to send?

I am just trying to get everything prepared so that i can send the same day, at which i get the request.

Thanks a million for all the help

Congrats Ajay!

Hey Ajay,

Congrats!

It did not even take you a month after you sent the FBI and updated docs. Great....

Baig

June 15th 2002 - Mailed Application to Buffalo, NY
June 17th 2002 - Application received at Buffalo, NY
Nov 18th 2002 - Received AOR with File number
Sep 26th ' 03 - Received Initial Assessment, - Interview waived, FBI/Medical instructions
Oct 30 2003 - Conducted Medical
Nov 27 2003 - Mailed Police Certificate, RPRF, Bank Statement to Buffalo, NY

Dec19th 2003 – call from Buffalo regarding passport request.

Last edited by a moderator:
size of passport size photo

Do you guys know the size of passport size photo that we have to send?

I am just trying to get everything prepared so that i can send the same day, at which i get the request.

Photographs for passport request

usa2canada,

Congrats!!!

I sent the standard passport size photos with white background. It worked fine. Hope this helps.

rshastry / usa2canada

Did you get a phone call from CHC before sending Passport request papers to you by CHC.
When your eStatus was changed at CHC web site.

Thanks in advance.

rshastry, Thanks for your reply.
Do we just need to send passport and photo....anything else?
what about the return prepaid express mail....anyparticular choice USPS/FEDEX ? Should we send the corresponding envelope also.

rmsag,
yes, i did get a phone call from CHC that they are sending Passport request papers . I think, this was just For my reference..nothing official.
My E-status is still IN PROCESS...

usa2canada - why did they call?

usa2canada - It's kind of strange that they simply called to let you know that they are requesting passports. They can just mail you the letter and request them, instead, they called you ... hmmm, that's intriguing! Did you fax them asking for status updates?

Yaar Ajay,

Do not worry. Just send the passport and photos ( inside the grey envelope) along with a stamped expresss mail envelope. You can then put the grey envelope and the express mail in one package and send it to them.

You should get it back in 8-10 days. You are almost there with the processing so relax and enjoy the weekend.

Good Luck!

Hi,
Is there anyone who did their medicals in the last week of August and is still awaiting their request for passport for landing?

I am trying to get an idea how long it takes once the medicals are done, most cases seem to take 2 months and in some cases three, I am coming close to four months and still have not heard anything.

I checked to see if my ROLF fees have been withdrawn and got confirmation that they were taken in June and my estatus got updated two weeks back to medicals received. Any idea how much longer this might take or what could be holding this back?

Thanks

Medicals Done address

Hello

I did my medicals 2 weeks ago. I have a problem though.

I just realized that my address on the medical forms they sent is old address than where I am currenty living.. But I got all the initial assessment on new address. Its only on medical they wrote old. Now when I did my medicals I did not say the doctor about the address or made him update the address in other forms that they fill in. Is this going to be a PROBLEM ??

Also I had called the doctor to find out if they sent out the medicals but he refused to give me any confirmation. All the docs office said that they send it out using regular mail and dont keep track of it... And I have paid great deal of money for medical tests.

PLEASE ADVISE what I should do.

For srini88

What is your estatus displaying and what is the message text (when you click on that estatus).

Filing Through Lawyer or own

I have been following this forum for sometime. This is really great and helpful.

Could someone please tell me if there is any difference between filing Canadian PR on your own
and filing through a lawyer.
I have seen somewhere in this forum that by filing through a lawyer you have the advantage
of continuing your process in Buffalo even if you happened to move to India.
Is it true?
If not true, then do I have to start the PR process from scratch after I move to India.
As you know, in India the PR process a very longtime(4 years)

I would really appreciate your answer as I am planning to file in few weeks.

Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited by a moderator: