Bring husband to US ( I am a permanet resident)

versa2007

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friend I hope you can give some advice in my case,

I am permanent residen I back to my country, for a couple of month after receive my GC in US, I am planning married with my boyfriend (two years ago) we didn`t marry before because we work together.

Now I going to back to US and we want to know how long will take until we can go to US to join with me as permanet resident if we get married now.

Jus a question why this process takes to much time??? I can`t undestand that, please explain me that.

Jus a question why this process takes to much time??? I can`t undestand that, please explain me that.

Permanent Residents can sponsor their spouse via the FB2A category. However, this is a numerically-limited category and demand far exceeds the number of immigrant visas available. Therefore, there is a backlog of approximately 5-6 years for the priority date to become current.

Permanent Residents can sponsor their spouse via the FB2A category. However, this is a numerically-limited category and demand far exceeds the number of immigrant visas available. Therefore, there is a backlog of approximately 5-6 years for the priority date to become current.

Plus life isn't fair... :(

It is bad for LPR, first you wait for the I-130 to be approved then you wait for an immigrant visa too.

Does anyone know how many years(estimated or average) does it take for Petition for Alien Relative(I-130) to be approved for Green Card holders ?

Does anyone know how many years(estimated or average) does it take for Petition for Alien Relative(I-130) to be approved for Green Card holders ?

a petition takes usually less than 1 year to be approved, give or take a few months... but how long before the visa number becomes available depends on the category. For a spouse is anywhere from 5-6 years.

Ok, now I understand completely, the visa is the one that takes longer.

Yes - and an approved immigrant petition does not confer any immigration benefits on the beneficiary. So they either must remain out of the USA until a visa number is available or they may remain in the USA and maintain their own legal status.

Yes - and an approved immigrant petition does not confer any immigration benefits on the beneficiary. So they either must remain out of the USA until a visa number is available or they may remain in the USA and maintain their own legal status.

Yeah, so if you two aren't married now, it is better to get him/her her with F1 or H1B. Then when you become a citizen, you can then marry and apply GC for him/her.

Two different beasts. Two different logics apply.

Yeah but both are the easiest ways to bring people here for a reasonably extended period of time.

H1B is more suitable for people with highly desirable skills and you can earn money. F1 is more for unskilled people but you have to pay.

Either way is much better than the I-130 route thru GC unless you want a good excuse to not live with your spouse.:D

Triple Citizen

one can bring a spouse using F1 Visa providing they are not married then right after the other half becomes a citizen then they can both married each other. providing the spouse maintain that F1

How can one not be married to your spouse???

I assume you meant bring one's future spouse on an F-1 visa? Yes that is doable. It has its potential pitfalls but it is doable.

one can bring a spouse using F1 Visa providing they are not married