Boston Regional DOL Tracker

The regional processing times for Boston DOL on this site indicates 12/2004 for RIR cases. Is there anyone out there got approved whose cases moved to Boston DOL in October/November? Updates please.

Update: my case (RIR) was transfered from MA SETA to Boston in first week of September 2004. Still processing (??!!) at Boston DOL. No letters.

No phone numbers working for Boston DOL. I might walk over to their office to ask what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
europe said:
Update: my case (RIR) was transfered from MA SETA to Boston in first week of September 2004. Still processing (??!!) at Boston DOL. No letters.

No phone numbers working for Boston DOL. I might walk over to their office to ask what's going on.

my case from MA SESA to Boston DOL at the end of Sept 2004.. I have not heard either. They are supposed to be answering the phone at regional DOL on mon - wed - friday till 12 PM but no one picks it up.

IF you happen to walk to dol office could you please ask them what date they are processing for NON RIR too ?

europe said:

I think the processing time from the immigration.com is quite accurate. You should ask your lawyer to contact DOL about you case. I believe the lawyers have their way to get touch with DOL. My lawyer contacted with them twice for me in Dec. 2004. Good luck!

Anyone waiting to hear from Boston DOL about his/her Regular Permanent (NON-RIR) Labor Certification application from MA? They received it from the MA SESA on September 24, 2004. No news as of today...

bahadur007 said:
Anyone waiting to hear from Boston DOL about his/her Regular Permanent (NON-RIR) Labor Certification application from MA? They received it from the MA SESA on September 24, 2004. No news as of today...

It should be on the way, as I can image. Mine was forwarded from MA on Sep. 25, but it entered to DOL on Oct. 6. They are processing the Oct case right now from the processing time of immigration.com. So I think it's about the time now. I will post when I got anything from them.

How long do we have to Stay with the Employer

Can we file for I-140 and 485 together with the current rules? How long do we have to stay with the employer after filing for I-140? When can we leave the employer??

Thanks

If your application falls under EB3 you cannot apply for 485 now. You will have to wait until your priority dates are current to file for 485. See the visa bulletin to know the dates.

If your application falls under EB2 (job requiring advanced degrees), I think you can still apply for I-485.

Regarding change of employers ... maybe somebody more knowledgeable can answer.
I always thought for applying for I-485, we need some documents from the employer ? Nevertheless, even during times when priority dates were current, people would wait for 6 months after I-485 to change jobs ... and even then the new job has to exactly match the job for which labor and I-140 is sought.

ckurma said:
Can we file for I-140 and 485 together with the current rules? How long do we have to stay with the employer after filing for I-140? When can we leave the employer??

Thanks

What is the last date to accept Traditional/RIR labor

Guys,
I am new to this forum and I have one question on Traditional/RIR Labor.
What is the last date to accept traditional/RIR labors by SWA?? Because PERM is starting from March 28th.

Your comments/replies on this is appreciated.

Thanks,
US_Labor

Can we change the category from EB3 to EB2

Guys,

Right now my case is pending with Federal DOL (Boston). I applied in EB3 RIR (although I have a chance to apply in EB2, at that time i dont have the required Masters degree certificates in hand).since i have the certificates now, Can i change my category from EB3 to EB2 once my labor cets approved. Is it possible at all?
Just wondering if there is a way for me to convert the existing EB3 to EB2 so that i can file both I-140 & I-485 concurrently.

Thanks

GC_May said:
Guys,

Right now my case is pending with Federal DOL (Boston). I applied in EB3 RIR (although I have a chance to apply in EB2, at that time i dont have the required Masters degree certificates in hand).since i have the certificates now, Can i change my category from EB3 to EB2 once my labor cets approved. Is it possible at all?
Just wondering if there is a way for me to convert the existing EB3 to EB2 so that i can file both I-140 & I-485 concurrently.

Thanks

As per my knowledge, changing the job requirements on the already applied LC will not be possible as you(your employer) have already advertiesd etc. for that job. Lets say it is possible now, still you need to meet the qualification on LC at the time of applying for LC.

Anyone heard from Boston DOL on the processing times for RIR and Non-RIR applications?. Please update here in this forum. I still believe Boston DOL is working and processing the cases. I don't think any other regional DOL is processing cases any more, they are all busy packing stuff to send it to Backlog centers. My lawyer told me that the Boston DOL applications not fully settled by March 2005 will also be moved to backlog centers and thereafter it may take several months to hear from them.