Boston Regional DOL Tracker

LaborBadhi said:
My case is moved in Oct 3rd week.
It does not mean that your case will have a receipt date of Oct 3rd week. It'll take sometime to getinto the system. Mine took more than 1.5 month to get into the system.

Can I know when is your's moved? I am guessing yours is Oct 1st week. Please confirm.

Receipt date in DOL - Oct 6th.

Webjockey,

I'm one day ahead of you. Still have not heard a thing. If anyone gets a hold of someone at DOL please try to ask what dates are they processing for RIR and non RIR. Thanks

EB3 Priority date moves back to 01/01/2002

Finally it's true..
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi_bulletincurrent.html

D. OVERSUBSCRIPTION OF THE EMPLOYMENT-BASED THIRD PREFERENCE CATEGORY FOR CHINA-MAINLAND BORN, INDIA, AND THE PHILPPINES

In recent years, all Employment-based categories have been “Current” for all countries, primarily as a result of two factors:

The American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act (Title I of Pub. L. 106 - 313 enacted on October 17, 2000) contained several provisions intended to increase the availability of Employment-based numbers. Pub. L. 106-313 recaptured those Employment-based numbers that were available but not used in Fiscal Years 1999 and 2000, creating a “pool” of 130,107 numbers which could be allocated to applicants in the Employment First, Second, and Third preference categories once the annual Employment-based numerical limit has been reached. Approximately 101,000 of these “pool” numbers remain available for use during FY-1005. Pub. L. 106-313 also removed the per-country limit in any calendar quarter in which overall applicant demand for Employment-based visa numbers is less than the total of such numbers available.

Changes in CIS processing procedures during the past two years created a significant backlog of cases and a consequent reduction in demand for numbers.
During the time that the Employment-based categories have remained “Current” many tens of thousands of applicants have become eligible to file for adjustment of status. Last summer, CIS notified Congress of its intent to eliminate its current backlogs by the end of FY-2006. As a result of the CIS backlog reduction effort, we are now experiencing very heavy visa demand as CIS has begun to process cases to conclusion. Section 201(a)(2) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that not more than 27 percent of the Employment-based annual limit may be used in each of the first three quarters of a fiscal year. Based on the current rate of demand, the 27 percent level for the first quarter of FY-2005 will be exceeded by the end of December.

It has therefore become necessary to impose an Employment-based Third preference cut-off date for January in order to limit number use during the second quarter. Many of the cases have priority dates that are several years old, and the cut-off date represents the first priority date that cannot be accommodated for final processing. The cut-off date will apply only to the following chargeability areas: China-mainland born, India, and Philippines. Cut-off date movement during the remainder of FY-2005 depends on the extent of future visa demand. No specific predictions are possible at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
jifjef said:
Webjockey,

I'm one day ahead of you. Still have not heard a thing. If anyone gets a hold of someone at DOL please try to ask what dates are they processing for RIR and non RIR. Thanks

Can anybody here tell me when is priority date asssigned.
I got priority date of Oct 28th 2004, but my application was filed on Aug 17.So my question is does it take so much of time to asign priority date, or its my employer who gave me wrong informatyion about Aug 17 filing.

He said my application was sent on Aug 17, but couple of weeks ago, we received receipt number saying my prioritydate in Oct 28th.
So please anybody who can explain something over here, please reply..

GC_Maine2

You should receive your labor approval in last month itself. Mine NON-RIR EB3 went to Boston DOL from Maine on Aug 23rd and processed in 2nd week of Nov, got NOF. You should check with BOSTON DOL directly or Attorney.

pk_karim said:
GC_Maine2

You should receive your labor approval in last month itself. Mine NON-RIR EB3 went to Boston DOL from Maine on Aug 23rd and processed in 2nd week of Nov, got NOF. You should check with BOSTON DOL directly or Attorney.
pk_karim
what was your NOF about? why do they issue NOF's? did you lawyer/employer send the info back to DOL?

Regards

In 750A forms mentioned 3 yrs, BS required
In 750B mentioned total expereince claimed 7 yrs from all previous employers.
Which one is mine????? EB2 or EB3????????????????

DeCgC_007 said:
Does anyone know that latest LC approval date for NON-RIR cases @ Boston DOL?
Does the DOL approval date depend on the SWA from where the application is transferred or is it just on the basis of RIR/NON-RIR?
Thanks.

I posted 2 pages ago about NONRIR. My conversation about a week ago with DOL confirms NON-RIR of early Sept.2004. I will try again soon, if I get any update, I will post here

Any recent Approval form Boston DOL

uml said:
I posted 2 pages ago about NONRIR. My conversation about a week ago with DOL confirms NON-RIR of early Sept.2004. I will try again soon, if I get any update, I will post here

Hi All,
Any body got any recent approval from Boston DOL who's case moved from NH SESA to boston DOL in mid september, please share.

Thanks

I have checked with my employer.. as everyone knows in the formus. all our employers.. want to squeeze as much boold as possible, he says he had not rec'ved any information.. and the AVM is also not working.. and on Top of the Lawyer and employer are hand -in- glove... , my assumption is that my employer is trying to delay as much as possible.. upto Jan1 2005, so that i cannot apply for 140/485 together... so don't know what to do.. expect to jump to another desi .. try my luck...

pk_karim said:
GC_Maine2

Thanks UML

uml said:

Hi UML,

I read the posts about NOF by pk_karim. Is that applicable for all the non-rir cases? or only for EB3 cases?

My info :
Non-RIR/EB2
Case Transferred to DOL in November.

Thanks.

Call 617-***-**** number and find out directly from DOL.

Gc_Maine2 said:
I have checked with my employer.. as everyone knows in the formus. all our employers.. want to squeeze as much boold as possible, he says he had not rec'ved any information.. and the AVM is also not working.. and on Top of the Lawyer and employer are hand -in- glove... , my assumption is that my employer is trying to delay as much as possible.. upto Jan1 2005, so that i cannot apply for 140/485 together... so don't know what to do.. expect to jump to another desi .. try my luck...

DeCgC_007 said:
Hi UML,

I read the posts about NOF by pk_karim. Is that applicable for all the non-rir cases? or only for EB3 cases?

My info :
Non-RIR/EB2

Thanks.

Personally, I don't think they care about EB2 or EB3 at this state labor stage. i could be wrong. The EB2/3 are only relevant at I-140 stage. Correct me if expert knows.

The DOL lady just talking about Non-RIR generally I think. My case is almost same to yours.

Non-RIR/EB2

Gc_Maine2 said:

That could be very true.
Every employer will try to hold out the I-485 application till Jan 2005. If that happens then you never know when the Visa numbers are going to be avialable again. It might take 2-3 years before we beome eligible for even applying for 485.

Fate of LC in boston

Hello everyone . my name Ravi and i have a question . can some one answer me and help me on this one please.

My State labor was cleared from NH and sent to boston DOL on 24th nov. its NON RIR. Sofor it is not yet entered into the system at boston . if they cannot enter in to the system before 31st dec 04 . does that go to the backlog elimination centers or it will be complted in boston itself .

Thankas in advance for your help.
Ravi.